Motorhomers dumping waste in Murcia (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
https://murciatoday.com/residents-complain-about-motorhome-tourists-in-la-azohía_331180-a.html

A complaint has come up about wildcamping motorhomers in Spain lifting manhole covers at the side of the road and emptying waste fluid down said drains with no knowledge if they are sewers or storm drains. We witnessed several doing just that in the same place as the one identified in the attached news item. Sadly British as well as other nationalities!
Understandably these selfish cretins will spoil the wildcamping experience for many of us in the near future as local authorities close in on the wildcamping opportunities across the country.

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
We've witnessed it in aguilas . In rainwater drain

Dirty b.tards.
Should be fined

No need whatsoever just scared to move and lose their spot.

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
We've witnessed it in aguilas . In rainwater drain

Dirty b.tards.
Should be fined

No need whatsoever just scared to move and lose their spot.

John

Surely John,, if you know your gonna be wild camping, you would have two cassettes at least?? Then take the full one to a proper dump/ waste drain??? Even three !!!

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
SCUM....will spoiled it for everyone. selfish actions need to be stopped and ASAP.....I fish this area weekly, I would like to spend a day or two there for a break away from Totana, but wouldn't want to associate myself with them....like to see a Brit, German or Dutch person lift a manhole cover in their own country and get away with it.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I don't think the days of "wild" parking are gone, just the days of people spending the whole winter (or large parts of it) in one place and camping there, not parking.

One motorhome, parked unobtrusively overnight somewhere will still be allowed.

Unfortunately many people don't want to do that, they want a beach pitch for free, for as long as they want, and don't care how they get it. They're going to to spoil it for the rest who are responsible motorhomers.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
We spent 4 days in La Azohia two weeks ago. Saw people going to drain in picture and also using a drain further down by the port area. It looked like some had been there several months and one parked by the port appears to be on the google satellite picture so may have been there years:). It's a nice area to stay for a few days but I fear it may be stopped soon, unless the land owner turns it into an aire.
BTW we have 2 cassettes(y)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
A few years ago we saw a motorhomer emptying his cassette onto waste ground on the road from Isla Plana to Cartagena
Before the beach front area at Isla Plana was built on it was the norm to see at least 50 motorhomes parked there.....one year a French registered one was there from October to March
Can’t see the point myself being crammed in on a dusty piece of waste ground
As @jumar says these people are going to spoil it for anyone just wanting to have an odd night wilding

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There must be a business opportunity for someone to modify a tanker and go around these places selling water and collecting all the wastes of every description. They could issue a receipt and if the police check and the campers can show they have been using the service they would be left in peace.

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
We are getting close to the end of our winter sojourn, starting in Portugal and gradually moving into Spain and up the Mediterranean coast. We have parked on some remote beaches with a few others, fine, used some excellent aires with facilities, fine. We have also had some nights on campsites again fine, but the parking on waste ground near beaches which seems so popular because it’s free is often NOT FINE !! Walking my dog in the evening when it’s dark you occasionally hear the unmistakable sounds of waste water being released under the cover of dark, which makes these places smell, the sooner this form of camping is stopped or restricted to perhaps 48 hours the better I will like it. If your not prepared (or can’t ) pay approx 10€ to park on Aire with facilities when you need them you should not be holidaying in a moho. IMHO

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
You would never get 100 motorhomes on that patch of land in La Azohia. :eek:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
SCUM....will spoiled it for everyone. selfish actions need to be stopped and ASAP.....I fish this area weekly, I would like to spend a day or two there for a break away from Totana, but wouldn't want to associate myself with them....like to see a Brit, German or Dutch person lift a manhole cover in their own country and get away with it.
Couldn't agree more. I keep away from Águilas now as I don't want tarring with the same brush.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
There must be a business opportunity for someone to modify a tanker and go around these places selling water and collecting all the wastes of every description. They could issue a receipt and if the police check and the campers can show they have been using the service they would be left in peace.

Pay,,some would have a heart attack,,BUSBY:D:D

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Recently returned from our winter break and 2 things I resisted ranting about. First is the number motorho mes of all nationalities parked for weeks on end on any bit of waste land dumping waste of all sorts wherever they want. In this country we condemn such actions as the antics illegal travellers, do we view this differently if seen in Spain.
Secondly we stayed a few nights I Ypres at the Aire at Jeugstadion, not the cheapest but good location and all facilities. I spoke to 2 Brits who rather than walk the 50 metres to the chemical disposal chose to empty their cassettes into the grey water drain, thus leaving solids on top of the grid. They then used the drinking water tap to rinse out. For my trouble I was asked if I was the f#**#*# warden and to mind my own.
These types of behaviour will ultimately lead to intolerable restrictions on our enjoyment.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
You would never get 100 motorhomes on that patch of land in La Azohia. :eek:

Its local for me, I will take a look this morning, 100 is possible, and in Puerto de Mazarron behind Lidl last week 40 or 50 parked on the streets at 7am, and that's no beach location, just a free night, week or month.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I hate reading theses threads. Makes me so angry that a few motorhome owners can and will spoil it for everyone. These peaple have spent thousands on a motorhome then winge about paying for a campsite or an aire. A lot of storm drains go straight into the sea, so all that grey and proberly black waste is going into the sea, where peaple swim, kids play etc. Don’t get me wrong I am not against free camping. Nice spot, quiet spot, enjoy for a couple of days and leave with your waste. I bet all the free loading bunch would be the first to moan about gypsies without thinking what they are actually doing themselves.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
You would think if there were 100 plus motorhomes overwintering in the same spot each year and obviously spending some money with the local community, the simple solution would be to provide a dedicated emptying point. the infrastructure is already there. That would be a win, win situation. There's always Morocco ?

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We've just moved from Portugal to Spain. Amazed and a bit sad to see the number of MHers in both countries who won't spend 2€ on a dedicated service point and would rather use dirty water and dump toilets who knows where? Where has this culture of ultra meanness come from? I hear people boasting about how little they spend yet drive new motorhomes. I'm a Yorkshire lass and tend to be careful with money but being proud of your meanness in a country that is being hospitable to us is a worrying trend.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Its local for me, I will take a look this morning, 100 is possible, and in Puerto de Mazarron behind Lidl last week 40 or 50 parked on the streets at 7am, and that's no beach location, just a free night, week or month.
Lidl's?? Amazing ,that's in one of the busiest & narrow areas going . I know it's carnival in Águilas but is anything on in the Port ?
You would think if there were 100 plus motorhomes overwintering in the same spot each year and obviously spending some money with the local community, the simple solution would be to provide a dedicated emptying point. the infrastructure is already there. That would be a win, win situation. There's always Morocco ?

True but is there any infrastructure ?
I'd have thought it would just be a pozo negro , even if it actually is for waste. I certainly can't see that they'd be connected along there to any sort of sewage system as I doubt most houses /apartments are ?

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
In no way do I condone the behaviour of motorhomers actions as described in the above threads, but perhaps a cultural change in the Spanish, Portuguese and French might help the cause, from experience when parking in a car park we have learned never to park at the edges of car parks as these are used as open toilets by all males even when there is a toilet provided. Wooded areas adjoining lay byes are often open sewers too. I offer no excuse but suggest what is common behaviour by the locals can by some be used as license to do same or similar.

As an aside, with the closure by local councils of public toilets in the UK I can see these filthy habits becoming common place here.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
To add to my earlier rant. We took a couple of nights in the Aire at Port Vendres France. Nice little spot if not everyone's cup of tea. Kept tidy water and both waste included, plenty of marked pitches. €6 per night collected by friendly local police at about 8.30 a. m. As soon as they left a queue of motorho mes filling with water and dumping their waste. Just to save €6. That makes that Aire a candidate for closure.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
When we lived in Spain the streets were literally paved with doggy shit
When it rained the rainwater drains must have been awash with the stuff.

Wondering what the difference is between doggy poop and Motorhome owners emptying their cassettes down the drains?

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Lidl's?? Amazing ,that's in one of the busiest & narrow areas going . I know it's carnival in Águilas but is anything on in the Port ?

True but is there any infrastructure ?
I'd have thought it would just be a pozo negro , even if it actually is for waste. I certainly can't see that they'd be connected along there to any sort of sewage system as I doubt most houses /apartments are ?
I think it's LIDL at Puerto del Mazarron not Aguilas.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

But if they charged it would upset so many. I have had them brag to me on the ferry,,,58 nights and only paid twice,,Normally they don't need to tell you because they stink,,,, ,They will bugger it up for the rest of us,,BUSBY..

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
When we lived in Spain the streets were literally paved with doggy shit
When it rained the rainwater drains must have been awash with the stuff.

Wondering what the difference is between doggy poop and Motorhome owners emptying their cassettes down the drains?

I think it’s the cassette that’s the problem, I reckon folk should just take a dump on the pavement like you say. Less conspicuous than having to carry a cassette and lift a drain cover...........and more suited to a rufty tufty freeloading Tosser lifestyle........................

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back