Motorhome sales. (3 Viewers)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
It is frustrating seeing what they don't do for their mark up and how much you have left on the table.
I also bought a brand new van from them that went a full 16 miles before it packed in. So they have the profit on my P X and the new van paid in full and left us with nowt but to claim our rights.:cry:
I've never had a brand new vehicle except company cars and in the past 5 years a couple of new motorbikes from main dealers and in both cases they were absolutely hopeless with regard to after sales service for substantial faults. For 40 yrs I've restored and maintained my own 1940's and 1950's classic Brit m/bikes which give me far less angst.
I've followed your experience and really appreciate your frustration, especially being virtually left to fend for yourself with a brand new broken down m/h and the dealer having taken his cut.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
On a different tangent my neighbor saw some second hand garden furniture this week on FB marketplace for £350 so within minutes he contacted and said he would give him £300 cash and would pick up immediately. (His mum and dad are coming round for a BBQ Easter Sunday first time been together in 5 months as him, wife and child had Covid over Xmas so couldn't see them) The guy didn't come back to him so he re contacted him and was told he had withdrawn it because there was that much interest and was re listing it for £500??.
Supply and demand I suppose.

Garden furniture is now the item of choice for ne'er do wells. Easily available, easily stolen, easily sold. Demand is high but supply is low because most comes in from China. Lock it or lose it!

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Was looking at a burstener Elegance to keep for a good few years for us both to do good trips.
But Ive also got my self a LWB Transit just for me and the dogs for weekends when the Boss is doing other things :).
Ill be in the tranny with the golf clubs, fishing rod and 2 jack russells, now the schools have gone back :) Oh and my laptop, I can work out a lot of the time
That's my sort of MH!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
Sold mine via motorhomedepot this morning (bit sad but hey ho) A 2 1/2 year old van .....been up for sale 5 days 4 calls as far as I know, 1st was a no show yesterday (but called to say) 1st person that viewed this morning bought and another was due to visit tonight.

I told them the price I wanted and they loaded theirs on top, the guy offered a little less, and we split the difference, I was there the whole time.

I think they made good bloody money for what they do, but I just CBA messing with tyre kickers etc, they did all that and I got a fraction under what I told them was my target.
Just done the same, got a good price but having to pay the bubble price on the replacement which we are collecting in October. Thought Motorhome Depot did a good job for us without hassle or issue.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I am rapidly losing hope and interest in MHing.
The first new one we ordered that had to be cancelled was £ 61,750
Barely 2 months later the 2nd one we bought identical to the 1st was £64,099. (still awaiting refund)
Just checked and see another identical one due September for £67,300.
Wish my investments were going up as quick.

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
Barely 2 months later the 2nd one we bought identical to the 1st was £64,099. (still awaiting refund)
Just checked and see another identical one due September for £67,30
Third time Lucky!!🤔🤔
DJT

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I used to always buy vehicles with maybe 2 to 3 years old to get the best deal but in the last 3 years bought 3 new and disposed of unwanted vehicles via we buy any car or the equivalent or part exchange,maybe I just can’t be bothered with the hassle anymore.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Most of the bikes and cars (never sold a MH before) i have sold via Part X, because like most cannot do with the hassle of a private sale.
Never having known what the dealers mark up might have been on my part exxs it never bothered me.
This mark up on our MH only came to light as the new buyer contacted me to ask a few questions about the van. He volunteered how much he paid for it.
It surprised me as it was sold within the hour.
I am fully aware a business has to make money and have no problem with that.
I thought i would share my experience with the forum.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I am rapidly losing hope and interest in MHing.
Just checked and see another identical one due September for £67,300.
Wish my investments were going up as quick.
Have you now rejected the last one?

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Yes. Recorded letter went to them on Friday. They received and signed for it 9.30 Saturday. Now waiting for a response from them.
How long do you recon i should give them to respond?

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
7 days would be reasonable but I think I would be on the phone by now as they will probably file it hoping you will go away.
Not walking away leaving them with £64,099 of Mrs Bob housekeeping money.
Thinking give them till Wednesday then start the barrage on Thursday morning.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back