MotorHome Passenger Door lock (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
MotorHome Door lock

Problems with Pegaso 740 passenger door lock, the two latches of the door lock don't release, outside handle is loose, tried Key, Handle (both inside & outside), centre console lock button and the remote, but latches don't move, has anyone had this problem? or anyone know how or where I can get a door manual to take this apart please, I have looked inside the door via the inside door latch, seems the solenoid activates, but the latches don't move?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
You say passenger door, but describe a common fault with the habitation door. If so, the mechanism operates using steel rods with plastic clips. These clips can break or come unclipped. The other regular fault is part of the outside handle, being a weak alloy casting snaps off leaving the handle detached.

In both cases you need to remove the inner door skin to repair

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
As replied above could be one of the pins on the inside of the handle. I replaced my broken one with a small bolt

Attachments

• 20220107_123416.jpg
    20220107_123416.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Peregrinator
Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
You say passenger door, but describe a common fault with the habitation door. If so, the mechanism operates using steel rods with plastic clips. These clips can break or come unclipped. The other regular fault is part of the outside handle, being a weak alloy casting snaps off leaving the handle detached.

In both cases you need to remove the inner door skin to repair
Passenger door and Habitation door are made very similar. I now have found out how to unlatch the locks, Now when the weather is better I need to remove the inner skin, can't see any screws or caps, so now got to work out how to remove it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Peregrinator
Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
MotorHome Door lock

Problems with Pegaso 740 passenger door lock, the two latches of the door lock don't release, outside handle is loose, tried Key, Handle (both inside & outside), centre console lock button and the remote, but latches don't move, has anyone had this problem? or anyone know how or where I can get a door manual to take this apart please, I have looked inside the door via the inside door latch, seems the solenoid activates, but the latches don't move?
Update: Passenger door and Habitation door are made very similar, as it is a A-class Van. I now have found out how to unlatch the locks from the inside, so now can open the door, Now waiting for the weather to get better, I need to remove the inner skin, can't see any screws or caps, so now got to work out how to remove it.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Passenger door and Habitation door are made very similar. I now have found out how to unlatch the locks, Now when the weather is better I need to remove the inner skin, can't see any screws or caps, so now got to work out how to remove it.
that could be easy, some have bolts behind plastic panels to hold the pull handle and the main skin is velcroed in place. Others are more difficult with small screws round the edge that are very hard to get to with the door closed. There is a way to take the cover off the pull handle bolts and use a bent coat hanger to open the latches, but near impossible to describe to somebody not familiar with the inside mechanism. Then you also have the issue of which rod is detached. If neither mechanism moves the latch rod it is going to be a central point of failure, so moving the pivot that operates both rods will release it

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Aha, you posted your last as I was typing, so should be fairly easy. No screws means probably Velcro, but it is strong stuff to shift the first time

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back