Motor home repairs (1 Viewer)

evonne

Free Member
Feb 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
class A
Hello

As anyone brought a New Motorhome and had to keep taking it back to the seller?
It’s been two years for me and I’m still taking it back for one repair after another.
I want to know if there is a governing body that I can speak to about this and if the van should have been sold with so much wrong with it. It’s clear it was not quality checked before releasing the motor home. I’m lost on what to do and where to go with this.
Thank you.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
w2f

There is no Government body I`m afraid, but it sounds like the dealer is willing to do the repairs, many are not or try and avoid. That doesn`t help you much.
You have a right to reject faulty goods under consumer protection laws but it is time dependant and that will have lapsed now.
What make of motorhome ?

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Welcome evonne. An all too common complaint unfortunately. The quality control of motorhomes seems to fall far short of those carried out by car manufacturers. Is it the the base vehicle or the habitation side that has the faults?

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
The problem with Motorhome manufacturers is that they don't train or audit the workforce.
Compared with the car industry they are still in the stone age (Apart from Fred's square wheels)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Hello Evonne :welcome3: from Old Sodbury. :sun::sun::sun:
Sorry to hear about your troubles can you expand on them a little more?

Jul 26, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
since 1999
I think the other problem is once you have found a few faults you start looking for more and the list can go on and on!

OP
OP
E

evonne

Free Member
Feb 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
class A
Welcome evonne. An all too common complaint unfortunately. The quality control of motorhomes seems to fall far short of those carried out by car manufacturers. Is it the the base vehicle or the habitation side that has the faults?
It is the habitation side......I’m unclear though why they are able to get away with producing motor homes without quality checks.....is there no governmental body we can use in our favour?

OP
OP
E

evonne

Free Member
Feb 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
class A
w2f

There is no Government body I`m afraid, but it sounds like the dealer is willing to do the repairs, many are not or try and avoid. That doesn`t help you much.
You have a right to reject faulty goods under consumer protection laws but it is time dependant and that will have lapsed now.
What make of motorhome ?
Elddis Peugeot
It’s shocking how these are getting away with this.
Are the vans better than coach builds?

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Hello

It’s been two years for me and I’m still taking it back for one repair after another.
I want to know if there is a governing body that I can speak to about this and if the van should have been sold with so much wrong with it. It’s clear it was not quality checked before releasing the motor home. I’m lost on what to do and where to go with this.
Thank you.
WELCOME to our world. I've been taking motorhomes back to dealers for over 35 years.
I can give credit to the manufacturers in that they are very consistent.
When the Quality certificate crap started way back I remember talking to a major manufacturers owner. I asked him how it would affect there build ethic. He laughed and said all it meant was to build in a consistent manner. If we are building crap then it must be continuous crap. That chat with him certainly proved very true. That manufacture has certainly kept his word to this day.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Criticism..jpg

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Quality Control and Motorhome Manufacturer do not go well in the same sentence, just bless your lucky stars that you have a dealer who looks after his customers. 🐶

OP
OP
E

evonne

Free Member
Feb 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
class A
WELCOME to our world. I've been taking motorhomes back to dealers for over 35 years.
I can give credit to the manufacturers in that they are very consistent.
When the Quality certificate crap started way back I remember talking to a major manufacturers owner. I asked him how it would affect there build ethic. He laughed and said all it meant was to build in a consistent manner. If we are building crap then it must be continuous crap. That chat with him certainly proved very true. That manufacture has certainly kept his word to this day.
Lol 😂 at least I now know for future....

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hello

Yep, we take our van back to the supplying dealer every 6 months for a long list of repairs every time, even at the 2- year point.

We're fortunate enough to have a very helpful dealer but the whole 'fault-thing' still gets me down with the accumulated list of problems that we've had to endure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back