Rally Chat Mosel Rolling Meet 2019. (1 Viewer)

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We are thinking of coming this week at the end of June, so watching with interest.

Could somebody give me the Camper contact ref for the Reil stellplatz as there is a couple I think ?

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I am at Traben-Tarbach, very busy here, a few have left but plenty of arrivals too.

Jim

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Looking to spend some weeks there as part of our summer tour arriving around mid to late July, am I right in thinking it will be really busy then? What sort of weather can I expect? ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Plenty of space on both Zell sites at the moment. Kinheim had plenty of space when I left this morning but was showing signs of getting busy, a few had vintage cars on trailers so must be a rally on this weekend.

If anyone needs LPG I filled up at Zell Barl near the Lidl & Aldi this morning.

Mike

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
having trouble quoting messages at the moment but replying to @Cal54
Not sure what site is this site but have altered plans a bit due to bank holiday weekend. We got stuck last time here at Koblenz with no spaces on any site on the Thursday of the weekend. It was explained that Germans take long weekend on holiday ones. We wanted to stay Mosel, meet up couple nights then move to Rhine which we have not been to before. Worried that we would have problems on Saturday we have jumped across this morning to Sankt Goar and have lovely riverside pitch at Camping Loreley Blick.
Going on to Bavaria so might try again on way back !

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
View attachment 308040

Thanks for the warning Carol :D. Plenty of room at the moment but remember Monday 26th is another holiday so the sites could fill up this weekend.

Mike
Thanks for that warning @gozomike we are just outside Koblenz and everywhere is rammed ended up at an Aldi on our way to Cochem tomorrow

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
A4741CB3-B9AD-4FED-9747-EE4D57D7A566.jpeg
We (4 vans) are at Longuich. We arrived at about mid day and there were only 3 pitches left. Luckily the 3 pitches were all together (probably as they’re next to the Elsan and water) and we were allowed to park our 4 vans on it. There have been lots of vans arriving and having to move on.

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sankt Goar and have lovely riverside pitch at Camping Loreley Blick.

Our favourite site on the Rhein, it's just a pity about the railways.

If you cross to the other side and go up that hill the views are stunning.
loreley.JPG

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I am still at Traben-Trarbach, only one person left today and there has been a steady stream of hopefuls looking for a place. I shall stay put until after the weekend. There are no other UK MHs on this Stellplatze.

Jim

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Tunnel is booked for Wednesday PM.
Will trundle slowly through Belgium stopping at one or two canal side aires before venturing on to the Mosel.
First stop will probably be at Mehring where we stopped for a few nights last year.
Just hope the weather is good this time as last year we aborted and dashed south to the Med for the sun.
Might see some of you in about a week.........or two. ? :cool:

Richard.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
The campsite & stellplatze next to at Zell filled up yesterday and today there was a little movement, but they are heaving again now. It's not worth moving until at least Monday.
Mike

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We flew back to Geneva from Istanbul this afternoon and may just up sticks tomorrow and slowly make our way up to Reil via Luxembourg for fuel. Have sent Sven a message to reserve my summer pitch and if any of those damned Germans have thrown a chair on it to pitch it into the river. Should be up there around mid week.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I wonder how the old couple are ...a lady racing driver if I recall correctly, amazing old gal..
Sven does the best jagersnitzel sp? No one elses comes close ..

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I wonder how the old couple are ...a lady racing driver if I recall correctly, amazing old gal..
Sven does the best jagersnitzel sp? No one elses comes close ..

Will pass on your regards next week Kath. Hope to catch up with you this summer.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Dave we hope so too...

Kath x

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We arrived in Reil lunchtime today and I was expecting Jagersnitzel for lunch but forgot Tuesday is Svens day off. Plenty of pitches available at 6 Emus per night with the seventh night free. Electric is 3 Emus per day if you need it. Weather is warm, but cloudy. Wine is as good as ever, but I have some Leffe winter beer in the fridge that I purchased at a cut price in France, so am just going to try a couple now have woken from my afternoon snooze.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We arrived in Reil lunchtime today and I was expecting Jagersnitzel for lunch but forgot Tuesday is Svens day off. Plenty of pitches available at 6 Emus per night with the seventh night free. Electric is 3 Emus per day if you need it. Weather is warm, but cloudy. Wine is as good as ever, but I have some Leffe winter beer in the fridge that I purchased at a cut price in France, so am just going to try a couple now have woken from my afternoon snooze.

Sorry, once again I got confused. Electric is 2 Emus per day, not 3.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We’re thinking of mid September - can’t get away until the 9th, but will head straight there - hopefully we won’t be Billy No Mates by then ....:)

were hoping to come back late August or Early September depending on NHS so I posting to make sure we get notifications of what your all up to

Thank you Snowbird for the inspiration to try this area, we will be like others at the back of the season though

Coming off the Hull ferry on the 15th September

Looks like there might be three of us at least (y)?

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Arriving in Mosel on Friday coming from the south - where is everyone?

We are on the Reil stellplatz and will be here for most of the summer. When I say that, we do wonder off for days out, beerfests, winefests, foodfests, motorcycle rallies, overland rallies etc, etc.
We like it here as its central for most goings on and I have everything I need here.

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
We're looking for a Eurotunnel frequent traveller partner from the end of July, if anyone is interested, send us a pm :)

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
We leave on sunday for the tortuous journey to Folkstone then Dover Dunkirk to amble down to Trier.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Which platz the one we were at Mosella (Cochem) had 10 amps for every pitch

All of/any of them. We are planning to start at Koblenz, and travel along the Mosel. So I’m worried that as we will only drive few miles everyday, or second day, that I will not get enough charge back in the batteries. So a night on ehu would be nice.

Andy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back