Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
The pedantic woman at Carlos’s wanted my funster number...,
EVERYONE
If you take the trouble to read the instructions for using the code you'll see that quoting your Funster number as well as the code is a prerequisite for getting the discount that I arranged with Viages Normandie, I.e. Carlos daughter.
We did this to try and keep it just for full members of MHF, rather than any old FLT. But if no-one is going to pay any attention I'm not going to bother again and if anyone else has a problem it's your own!
SO FOR THE LAST TIME
The instructions for getting a discount on ferry tickets for Morocco with Viages Normandie I.e. Carlos, are in the Resources section of the Forum, which can be found at the top of any page on the dark blue line.

Sorry for the rant but sometimes...!!!!!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
EVERYONE
If you take the trouble to read the instructions for using the code you'll see that quoting your Funster number as well as the code is a prerequisite for getting the discount that I arranged with Viages Normandie, I.e. Carlos daughter.
We did this to try and keep it just for full members of MHF, rather than any old FLT. But if no-one is going to pay any attention I'm not going to bother again and if anyone else has a problem it's your own!
SO FOR THE LAST TIME
The instructions for getting a discount on ferry tickets for Morocco with Viages Normandie I.e. Carlos, are in the Resources section of the Forum, which can be found at the top of any page on the dark blue line.

I agree Terry, there are just too many thick funsters who dont know where the code is etc I for one am fully informed and ready to go!;)

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
EVERYONE
SO FOR THE LAST TIME

Sorry ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Now in Fes, yes the camping is still closed, so staying on Camping international. At the roundabout just before the site we were greeted by a man on a motorcycle offering to show us to the site.....anyway, we are pretty street wise so when at the camping the offer of a ‘guide’ was mentioned we were thinking ‘here we go again’ BUT we said yes and the guide we had was BRILLIANT, we had a great afternoon for 400 dh, plus taxi’s. The guides name was Abdul.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Yes Abdul, as it was Friday it was quiet, we only saw 2 ‘coach groups’ and thought ‘thank god we weren’t with them’ .

only 6 vans here at International, very quiet, good security and the toilet facilities seem ok, and we have electric included, so we have the fridge, the freezer, the water heater, a slow cooker and the heating on . ✅

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We’ve just heard from some Dutch friends staying at the medina in Meknès-Tafilalet, a camper next to them had their bikes stolen from The back of their van, and they also attempted to steal the bikes from our Dutch friends,

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We’ve just heard from some Dutch friends staying at the medina in Meknès-Tafilalet, a camper next to them had their bikes stolen from The back of their van, and they also attempted to steal the bikes from our Dutch friends,
We have always found the guardian parking at Meknes Bab Mansour to be very secure. The first time we stayed there the guard slept next to my M'home on a chair. The next time we had the guardian and the police watching over the vans overnight.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We stayed there last year and no problem, I was reporting factual news from a stay last night ✅?

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
What’s the Dirham rate over there? Is it better than 11.50 which you can get in Gib?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hotelman what was the import procedure at Tanger-Med this year? Last year you "registered" at a booth with your V5 and passport then waited for a Customs man to "clear" you and handing a piece of A4 that was your Temporary Import Certificate. It was an improvement on previous years but I wondered if they'd made any more "improvements"?

Interesting about the scanner inbound - wonder what that was all about?

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Hotelman what was the import procedure at Tanger-Med this year? Last year you "registered" at a booth with your V5 and passport then waited for a Customs man to "clear" you and handing a piece of A4 that was your Temporary Import Certificate. It was an improvement on previous years but I wondered if they'd made any more "improvements"?

Interesting about the scanner inbound - wonder what that was all about?
Same as last year, but you only receive a small piece of paper not A4

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Just an update.... yesterday we left Fes, along the motorway to Oujda, what a great drive 200 miles on the motorway, £17, and incredible incredible scenery. The plan was to reach the spring at Ain Beni Mather, cc20701, well it’s a piece of rough dried mud at the side of the road, so we didn’t stay, park4night had a petrol station in the next town, but that had all changed, so we drove to Tendara and parked outside the police station cc20554, a very peaceful night. We had driven 320 miles and did not see another camper. The drive from Oujda was even more spectacular than the motorway drive, long long straight roads, no traffic and cruise control on at 80kmph, it was great. To day we drove down to Figuig, again a great drive, saw 3 campers, staying at the campsite at the hotel, only us, the hotel is closed, It’s ok, but thats it. In a nut shell, ‘it’s more about the journey than the destination’....tomorrow who knows.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Twelve months ago today.

Camping l'Ocean Bleu Mohammedia

20190119_170049.jpg

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Just an update.... yesterday we left Fes, along the motorway to Oujda, what a great drive 200 miles on the motorway, £17, and incredible incredible scenery. The plan was to reach the spring at Ain Beni Mather, cc20701, well it’s a piece of rough dried mud at the side of the road, so we didn’t stay, park4night had a petrol station in the next town, but that had all changed, so we drove to Tendara and parked outside the police station cc20554, a very peaceful night. We had driven 320 miles and did not see another camper. The drive from Oujda was even more spectacular than the motorway drive, long long straight roads, no traffic and cruise control on at 80kmph, it was great. To day we drove down to Figuig, again a great drive, saw 3 campers, staying at the campsite at the hotel, only us, the hotel is closed, It’s ok, but thats it. In a nut shell, ‘it’s more about the journey than the destination’....tomorrow who knows.

The coast road RN16 from north of Martil past Al Hociema to Saidia is stunning, We didn’t stop at Tendara looked ok but it was blowing a hoolie /sand storm but stopped at Sources Rass el Ain after it going south, we stayed at the hotel in Figuig and drove down to the old border crossing between Algeria and Maroc,
Boudnib is worth visiting nice camp site and Bouarfa is another, stay at the hotel, use of showers,
Enjoy and have fun

Apr 29, 2016
Aquitaine, France
Funster No
MH
Kentucky Estro 9
Exp
23 years
The coast road RN16 from north of Martil past Al Hociema to Saidia is stunning, We didn’t stop at Tendara looked ok but it was blowing a hoolie /sand storm but stopped at Sources Rass el Ain after it going south, we stayed at the hotel in Figuig and drove down to the old border crossing between Algeria and Maroc,
Boudnib is worth visiting nice camp site and Bouarfa is another, stay at the hotel, use of showers,
Enjoy and have fun
I often stay at "Friends of Cala Iris" nice guy running it, bit off the beaten track but peaceful.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
I often stay at "Friends of Cala Iris" nice guy running it, bit off the beaten track but peaceful.

Yes I agree, nice fishing village, nice spot bit expensive for Moroccan standards although they offer a cpl of packages, access road a bit steep, not sure if it was raining tbh,

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Last time in Maroc in 2015 I seem to recall having a problem getting my NETGEAR router to connect to the Maroc Telecom network, it transpired it was the APN settings and was kindly sorted by TerryL, does anyone know if the settings are still the same ie. www.iamgprs1.ma. Authentication type: None

i also have a vague memory of having to text a code somewhere when I got a new card, could anyone bother to tell me the procedure now please,

I have an unused card from 2015, anyone know if it will work?

Thanks in advance
Simon

Apr 29, 2016
Aquitaine, France
Funster No
MH
Kentucky Estro 9
Exp
23 years
Where is it then? :unsure: Or do only his friends know?:giggle:
Come off the n16 or is it 15 at Torres (de Alcala?) exit and follow the road, bear left at the next Torres junction, up & over the hill down into Cala Iris bear left when you reach the fishing port onto a rock/mud piste, up the twisty hill, along the flat then bear right down then up and camping on right.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Last time in Maroc in 2015 I seem to recall having a problem getting my NETGEAR router to connect to the Maroc Telecom network, it transpired it was the APN settings and was kindly sorted by TerryL, does anyone know if the settings are still the same ie. www.iamgprs1.ma. Authentication type: None

i also have a vague memory of having to text a code somewhere when I got a new card, could anyone bother to tell me the procedure now please,

I have an unused card from 2015, anyone know if it will work?

Thanks in advance
Simon
The sim card will be invalid if it is unused since 2015. However, if you still have the sim card details, it can be reactivated in one of the mail Maroc telecom shops. The sim scratch cards have an expiry date on them, so you might be OK with that. Someone will come along and give you the txt message numbers to check on remaining credit and activation of the scratch card number. How are you doing, have you got lost yet ??? Have you had to change any tyres yet ??? Be careful you don't give others access to your MiFi code :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Busman can advise you how to avoid doing that, scrumptious nuts!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
The guy at Maroc Telecom in Asilah reactivated my 2 year old card and put some credit on it for me (note I PAID FOR IT!). Otherwise I think an "empty" card expires after 12 months.

Thereafter I bought recharge cards from anywhere there was a Maroc Telecom sign and just texted the activation code to the quoted number - but you have to do it with the simcard you want to top up. On the mifi I just used it's own texting feature. No idea about Ipads but I'm sure someone will know.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011

Don’t carry a spare that’s another 3 x 24 pack slabs :LOL:
we went to Ich easternmost part of Morocco and another old border crashing not far from Figuig, a place that don’t see many tourists. fill out a fishe for the army when you arrive
Safe travels

BigRJ

Free Member
Dec 30, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autocruise
Exp
Hi all. Anyone know where we can get a new water pump for the motorhome from in Morocco? Ours has decided to die! Any info would be helpful. Thanks

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Confirm that's the freshwater pump and not the engine.
If you can let us know make/model I could see if I can find one here iin Spain and bring it across to you next week. You'll need a caravan place, not too many in Morocco.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back