LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
webby1 just keep some cheap beer and wine in the fridge, so you're ready to offer it to officials if required. They're not greedy.
Hide the good stuff ??

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
We paid €190, a saving of €10.
The flyer I posted on this thread quoted €180.
20191215_185851.jpg
20191215_185910.jpg

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Frs are the best one. We ve used Tarifa Tanger Ville four times, much better and quicker. Carlos usually does it for Eur200 ooen return. Just need to watch the height as its a cat only 2.8m at the front so we have to turn round in the rear bit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mrwexpress

Free Member
Sep 27, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Caravan at the mo
Exp
Since 2010
So We are loving Spain and drawing to the end of our winter trip, and what perfect way to end it in planning the next trip. We are looking at heading to Morocco and I have a few questions:

*We want to take our dog, what is the situation regarding insurance?

*Is it safe to take our dog to Morocco, understandably we would avoid some places such as city centres.

*What is the average cost for campsites, is €12 a good average to expect ?

*Motoring assistance - Red pennant does not cover Morocco, who does and what are the costs?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi mrwexpress there is plenty of info available - at the risk of repeating myself, as a start read my article in Resources or in edition 2 of the new MotorhomeFun Magazine. Also read the rest of this thread.

But to answer your questions:-

Dog Insurance - not sure what you mean, better ask your own insurer.
Dog safety - never had problems with ours, just need to be as careful as you are anywhere else.
€12 will get you a very nice pitch indeed - think more like €8. Plenty of alternatives from free/£1 per night
Motoring assistance - you're on your own with that one I'm afraid. Your breakdown insurance will probably tell you to get it back to the European mainland and keep the receipts, if it is undriveable. But it would have to be pretty bad for any Moroccan mechanic not to be able to fix.

Happy to answer anything else you're worried about.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
So We are loving Spain and drawing to the end of our winter trip, and what perfect way to end it in planning the next trip. We are looking at heading to Morocco and I have a few questions:

*We want to take our dog, what is the situation regarding insurance?

*Is it safe to take our dog to Morocco, understandably we would avoid some places such as city centres.

*What is the average cost for campsites, is €12 a good average to expect ?

*Motoring assistance - Red pennant does not cover Morocco, who does and what are the costs?

Thanks for your answers in advance.
Insurance for the dog?
It is safe to take your dog to Morocco, yes keep it on a lead unless you are sure there are no wild dogs about, like an empty beach of which there are plenty, city centres are also fine, our Tilly goes virtually everywhere with us, we leave her in if we go out in the evening as she’s getting a bit older now and doesn’t like the dark too much anymore (eyesight I think). Make sure inoculations are up to date, including rabies, and have the titre test done well before travel, 120 days I think.

Campsites in Morocco will probably not be what you expect, although some are getting to a decent standard, many are not, £12 would be quite expensive. Very often the facilities are abysmal but don’t let that put you off as many are in beautiful locations. I am at Camping international Moulay Bousselham at the moment, I love it here but, you wouldn’t especially want to use the showers, toilets or washing machine unless you were desperate, electricity is available if you can find a point that works and you don’t blow yourself up plugging in (I didn’t), you can empty your cassette and get fresh water and it’s 80 MAD a day, about £6. It’s by a lagoon and a short walk up steep steps to the promenade (there is an easier longer way) with small souk, shops and restaurants. I was last here 5 years ago and nothing has changed (or been fixed) that’s about par for the course, if you pay £12 and over for a site, that will normally have been kept better, it’s changing slowly, but Morocco is Morocco which is the attraction for many people. As for red pennant, there are no breakdown services that cover Morocco to my knowledge including ADAC which may reimburse you but you have to sort the problem out, although most things can be fixed and there’s usually a man that knows a man. There are lots of people who have had things fixed here including me, others will be along directly to give you more information.

just go and enjoy, read all the threads on here and you will be well prepared, and don’t worry too much, join up with others initially to break the ice, there are normally between 5 and 20 members of this forum who go every year.

91328C69-BEE2-4E85-B06B-C35C9325CBC9.jpeg

my van far left in the trees, today.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Insurance for the dog?
It is safe to take your dog to Morocco, yes keep it on a lead unless you are sure there are no wild dogs about, like an empty beach of which there are plenty, city centres are also fine, our Tilly goes virtually everywhere with us, we leave her in if we go out in the evening as she’s getting a bit older now and doesn’t like the dark too much anymore (eyesight I think). Make sure inoculations are up to date, including rabies, and have the titre test done well before travel, 120 days I think.

Campsites in Morocco will probably not be what you expect, although some are getting to a decent standard, many are not, £12 would be quite expensive. Very often the facilities are abysmal but don’t let that put you off as many are in beautiful locations. I am at Camping international Moulay Bousselham at the moment, I love it here but, you wouldn’t especially want to use the showers, toilets or washing machine unless you were desperate, electricity is available if you can find a point that works and you don’t blow yourself up plugging in (I didn’t), you can empty your cassette and get fresh water and it’s 80 MAD a day, about £6. It’s by a lagoon and a short walk up steep steps to the promenade (there is an easier longer way) with small souk, shops and restaurants. I was last here 5 years ago and nothing has changed (or been fixed) that’s about par for the course, if you pay £12 and over for a site, that will normally have been kept better, it’s changing slowly, but Morocco is Morocco which is the attraction for many people. As for red pennant, there are no breakdown services that cover Morocco to my knowledge including ADAC which may reimburse you but you have to sort the problem out, although most things can be fixed and there’s usually a man that knows a man. There are lots of people who have had things fixed here including me, others will be along directly to give you more information.

just go and enjoy, read all the threads on here and you will be well prepared, and don’t worry too much, join up with others initially to break the ice, there are normally between 5 and 20 members of this forum who go every year.

View attachment 359309
my van far left in the trees, today.

We were going to go to Moulay Bousselham this time last year but we're put off by reviews about it being full of mosquitoes.

What's it like for mossies there now?

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
The secret is go with the flow’ if it’s full of mozzies, either don’t stay or stay one night and move on. If you love it then just stay longer.....,

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We're now parked up at Castellar de la Frontera, ready to move on to Los Palomes tomorrow to meet up with a few others, ready to cross to Maroc on Wednesday (PM sent to all who've contacted me). If anybody wants to join us last minute please be at Carlos parking by 1300 tomorrow (Tuesday) and look for us there.

canopus see you've crept past us Ken! (I've got spies everywhere!) Glad to see you've made it this year, have a safe crossing and we'll do our best to stay out of your way! :hugs:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Well TerryL what can I say, I wasn’t aware I had to report my position to you. I didn’t creep past you, as I didn’t know where you were in the first place, and regarding staying out of our way, your choice chum. ?

love & kisses to Brenda xx

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
We were going to go to Moulay Bousselham this time last year but we're put off by reviews about it being full of mosquitoes.

What's it like for mossies there now?
I deliberately waited to answer this as to be honest I never noticed the mossies last time or yesterday, however we went up to town during the day and the onsite place if we ate in the evening, today we stayed on site had a bbq, no problems whatsoever....until 6pm when they attacked, just went indoors so no real damage done, I wouldn’t let it put me off coming here though, it’s a nice place (see previous caveats) :giggle: (y)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Being deaf it doesn’t bother me but there is apparently a dog that barks through the night up in the town, (Moulay) those with radar ears can hear it!

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
As stated earlier, the price to cross to Tanger Med from Algeciras is €180. It’s more if you have a trailer + €20, and that’s whether you’re French, Dutch, German or a Funster.?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
No I dont remember this 2 tins. What has this got to do with Maroc me old wizened wine gum.??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back