Morocco 2020 (2 Viewers)

BigRJ

Free Member
Dec 30, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autocruise
Exp
Yes it’s the internal water pump for fresh water. Going under the seats etc.. to find it in the morning.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I note you have an Autocruise. Will have a look see what make pumps they used.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
You will always find a man who knows a man and will sort you out. They may repair it or find a pump that will do a similar job.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Hi all. Anyone know where we can get a new water pump for the motorhome from in Morocco? Ours has decided to die! Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Have you tried tapping it with something weighty, I’ve had one stick on me ? just a thought

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Last year was €180, but Carlos was not to do it for €180 this year ?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Arranged €180 for an open return, m/h and 2 pub.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
GROUP CROSSING TO TANGER-MED.
Okay our plans have come together. We intend to cross Wednesday 29th Jan am from Algeciras. If anybody wants to join us to make a group please send me a PM with names & van make/reg (so I can spot you) and meet me on m/h parking area next to Carlos by 1.00 pm Tuesday so we can do a group booking. I'll reply with my details & phone number.
This includes anybody who has already said they want to join us.
We'll get tickets etc organised, see you onto/off ferry, through customs and if you wish to first night stop in Asilah where we can sort internet etc. After that you make your own plans!

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
GROUP CROSSING TO TANGER-MED.
Okay our plans have come together. We intend to cross Wednesday 29th Jan am from Algeciras. If anybody wants to join us to make a group please send me a PM with names & van make/reg (so I can spot you) and meet me on m/h parking area next to Carlos by 1.00 pm Tuesday so we can do a group booking. I'll reply with my details & phone number.
This includes anybody who has already said they want to join us.
We'll get tickets etc organised, see you onto/off ferry, through customs and if you wish to first night stop in Asilah where we can sort internet etc. After that you make your own plans!

We were planning to go on Wednesday so will be delighted to meet up on Tuesday
PM sent

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Carlos office very efficient in and out in minutes on Wednesday, no triplicate form, girls said it’s all automatic now, not strictly true more to follow, shopping done, early night leave for port early Thursday it takes about 20 mins to get to the port, allow 40 which is loads, take signs for E5/N357 Puerto, left at Junction 108C (it’s on your ticket wallet if you use Carlos) When on Port follow CONTROL AUTOS TANGER it’s pretty hard to go wrong, you will go past 1st checkpoint and be directed to a lane and just wait there (don’t do what I did and leave your air con on to clear the windscreen with the engine off, have a bad 10 mins removing floor drivers side to get to battery, emptying boot to get to jump leads and then jump starting moho off leisure batteries, all accomplished without losing my place I might add:giggle:) So the procedure once at the Port is An official will come and get your passports and ticket received from Carlos office, and will return with your passports, boarding passes and RETURN ticket, keep it safe. You will then go past another passport control officer and then into queue for boarding, another wait and then you will be boarded. Once onboard make your way to one of the upper decks where the passport control office is

33EA0D7B-CE19-48A6-BFC3-D1F694E50CE9.jpeg

Get the small immigration form off the guy before joining the queue and fill it in whilst queuing

56000DAD-BDB8-48DF-8C6C-314A20D4FB5D.jpeg

Then relax and get some lunch and duty free (Torres Brandy 6.5 euros) other makes are available. We left at 12 midday the boat slowed up approaching Tanger Med and we seemed to wait for ages to disembark, finally driving off the boat at 2.30pm to Customs, who then sent us (and lots of others) back to go through scanner, it’s a cock up as you have to drive out passed the customs booth to go back (the wrong way) through the scanner. That took over an hour as the scanner packed up for 45 mins or so, back to the customs booths where nothing happened for another hour cos they were apparently all having a tea break, at least we didn’t have to empty our vehicle like some poor souls, we then got a credit card sized temporary admission card, you can go now! 2 1/2 hours to clear customs, it was an absolute joke, utter mayhem with motor homes and cars everywhere, I preferred the simple shakedown for a couple of beers like last time. Immediately upon leaving the customs booths on left (150m) are where you can change money, I got 12.3 Dirhams to the pound changing uk cash, finally got to Asilah in torrential rain about 6.30pm.

At 9pm A guy called Mustapha (aren’t they all) knocked on the van telling me Maroc Telecom is shut on a Friday or this Friday as it’s a religious holiday, I get you SIM card for Mifi, phone whatever, 25 gig over 3 month, 300 Dh, well you know what, I gave him my MIFI he came back saying everything is working, I had to give him the 300 Dh, I did, he came back MIFI worked straight away, welcome message saying I’ve got 5 x 5 gb so let’s see eh, I can renew as well, gotta trust people sometime, tiring day but will stay on guardian site tomorrow cos I can’t be arsed moving. What a palaver, have fun guys and girls(y)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
BBC news this morning, saying some 14 citizens killed in Spain as a result of the weather ????

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Sounds like back to chaos again inbound. Looks like I got a couple of newbies with me, should be fun!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Sounds like back to chaos again inbound. Looks like I got a couple of newbies with me, should be fun!
I think customs gave up in the end and waved motorhomes through

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
We crossed with AML (Africa Morocco Line I think) no problems just a bit slow disembarking, I’m sure the scanner shows up everything I have enough booze to stock Morrison’s for a day, it’s drugs they are after, they don’t give a sh*t about booze and the backhander is a gift of a tin or two of beer not required this time don’t worry about it, now the sex aids, that’s a different matter as the Rabbit shows up as a pistol, they don’t like getting shot with a dildo you know!:LOL:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Terry, Just a quickie to let you know I had a good take up on the guide I produced for first time Morocco Funster visitor's. Twenty plus requests and no negative feedback. The one thing I have learned from doing this is....... I will never attempt to write a Blog, Book or do a Vlogg. Did you get a good uptake with your entry procedures ? Looks like it might have to be updated again after reading Simon's account. I bet it changes again before the month is out. Sounds as if they are all over the place.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi Phil - TBH I've never checked, it's been there for a while now anyway. On the whole judging from reports so far it's still as accurate but I'm waiting until we go through next week before I make any changes.
So far got three other vans joining us crossing over.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back