Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
It's BEE's fault that i'm going !!!! :winky:

That Brenda kept telling us all about Morocco at the same time i was having apple beer (the bottle did say cider) at Marjal back in March.....
Drinking and being given motorhome ideas as a bad combination..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ps.. If anyone has already got info about additional breakdown cover in Morocco it would be appreciated, saves me trawling through the search's.. I understand ADAC do cover.

Ref Green card, called Safeguard this week and can confirm Insurance green card is free with them just call a few weeks before travel. Their included breakdown cover is not applicable in Morocco...

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I used to have ADAC cover for several years but when I moved insurance companies to Saga I took there breakdown cover. I know this cover does not cover Morocco, but having had extensive mechanical work done in Morocco over the years am confident that any problems I have can be sorted quicker than any European breakdown company could sort it and at reasonable cost.
Am not advocating that anyone does not carry breakdown cover in Morocco but in my personal situation its not cost effective as I run a bus that can be repaired at the side of the road with nothing more than a bed spanner and bike spanner :thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi dave .are you sure .when i was with saga the recovery was for where ever the green card took you. as far as i know my mate still has it on his . worth a check. i found saga good .if they still did 5ers i would probably check them out .
mind i,m sure someone would solid bar tow or something back to spain .
in morocco you could make a dolly up in no time just to get to spain .
old axle etc .easy job .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Dont know about the Saga breakdown cover in Morocco Al, but will check it out on Monday. Having a Merc 410 chassis with the 2.9 5 pot engine has its benefits even if not the most economical or fastest vehicle on the road :winky:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Discovered that my Fully Comp policy with Abbeygate here in Spain will turn into 3rd Party only in Morocco !!

Regards, Bryan

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Bryan, Having once bought insurance in Tangier for my RV as A F would not insure at all for Morocco, I discovered that too was third party only.

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Discovered that my Fully Comp policy with Abbeygate here in Spain will turn into 3rd Party only in Morocco !!

Regards, Bryan

I have just confirmed with SAFEGUARD that their green card covers Morocco comprehensively.::bigsmile:

It does not provide a breakdown cover option though.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have just confirmed with SAFEGUARD that their green card covers Morocco comprehensively.::bigsmile:

It does not provide a breakdown cover option though.

See my post above, already checked...
But thanks on posting in case anyone missed it...

Busy entertaining grandkids for a week but my research and plans will continue soon..:thumb:

Roamin1329

Free Member
Oct 2, 2012
Currently Guardamar Spain
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam T line 700
Exp
Pretty much full time now, currently down in Spain for the winter. France beckons for summer 2013
We intend being there? We hope? .....

Hi there,
We are currently in Spain, just south of Barcelona at the time of writing. The weather in the last 24 hours as turned a little cold and so our long term plan is to continue south and eventually cross over to Morroco. We aim to be there in approx three weeks, or sooner. Would be happy to meet up at a later stage with you ,albeit that we have to return to England for April.
As a point of interest, is anyone on there way there now...or leaving soon. And if so....where Are you headed? Are there any organised trips planned.
Cheers.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi there,
We are currently in Spain, just south of Barcelona at the time of writing. The weather in the last 24 hours as turned a little cold and so our long term plan is to continue south and eventually cross over to Morroco. We aim to be there in approx three weeks, or sooner. Would be happy to meet up at a later stage with you ,albeit that we have to return to England for April.
As a point of interest, is anyone on there way there now...or leaving soon. And if so....where Are you headed? Are there any organised trips planned.
Cheers.

Hi, We are looking at arriving in Marrakesh some time around the 19/20-22/23 of January, but it could be later, and I personally will be there for around a week before heading south. Am not sure what the others are doing at this point, if they are staying longer in Marrakesh and then meeting up later. There are no organised trips at the moment, but saying that it does not say there wont be any. Its much easier and cheaper to organise a trip in Morocco on the spot if others are interested. I must stress that this is not an organised trip and people are free to hop on and hop off as and when it suits them. I hope you will pop bye at some time and look forward to meeting up at some point.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
What is the consensus regarding precautionary injections etc for the trip. Been suggested to us that it may be wise to update Tetanus, diptheria, cholera etc. Did not bother on our last couple of (non MH) trips but wondered about it as we may well go off track at some point. Any comments ?

Regards, Bryan

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi .tetanus is ideal .
i have had two tetanus
two typhoid
hepatitus a two vaccinations
hep b three vacs
polio booster .
diptheria vac
meningitas i vac
rabies vacs three vacs
yellow fever .
most of theses arent required . yellow fever is further down in africa .
as for cholera i carry a certificate that exempts me from the vaccination as many doctors say its contra indicated .could be the cause of you getting it .
the yellow fever lasts ten years and again you get an international cert of vaccinations .
i also for going deeper into africa carry 6 months supply of larium 250mg tablets . for malaria . but again there is belief that these are better double dosed if and when you catch malaria . so far i havent .
for morrocco there are no medical needs . but tetanus etc are wise .
unless you are planning a deep africa or india trip just have a word with your doctor and just top up normal boosters .
i tend to keep up to date and am ready for any adventure that comes along .

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
hi .tetanus is ideal .
i have had two tetanus
two typhoid
hepatitus a two vaccinations
hep b three vacs
polio booster .
diptheria vac
meningitas i vac
rabies vacs three vacs
yellow fever .

Being Grumpy Old Man I've always said "if I need a mass of chemicals to visit a place it's better watched on TV". I still believe that. Or at least so far I've never seen anything that overrides that statement.

We just had the single hepatitis jab for Morocco. We seem to have survived.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
What is the consensus regarding precautionary injections etc for the trip. Been suggested to us that it may be wise to update Tetanus, diptheria, cholera etc. Did not bother on our last couple of (non MH) trips but wondered about it as we may well go off track at some point. Any comments ?

Regards, Bryan
I didn't even take my flu jab last year. Am not sure but I dont think any are required for Morocco.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
just wise to have some protection . i started mine due to india trips and driving around africa . some countries wont let you in .some you cant get out .
many dont bother with any of them for morocco.
the dearest was the rabies . but as we visited lots of safari parks and was taking a dog with us that could attract wild dogs i thought it might be wise .
some charity organizations will pay for them .a few friends got theirs that way .
i found it easier to join the convoys if you already had the full lot . makes for a cheap adventure if driving on the convoys .

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Slight change of plans..........The best made plans of mice and me :ROFLMAO:.
We will be looking at meeting up at Algeciras between the 15/16 January. If any would like to make it a later date please advise as soon as you know for sure.

We will be back in Spain 3rd Jan. Would love to meet up and take a bit of guidance before the crossing. Have you any idea of the cost of an open return. I want to stay long enough to make it worth while but would like to be back in Spain by early March to meet up with other folk.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We will be back in Spain 3rd Jan. Would love to meet up and take a bit of guidance before the crossing. Have you any idea of the cost of an open return. I want to stay long enough to make it worth while but would like to be back in Spain by early March to meet up with other folk.

Hi, I dont remember prices of things very well, but last year it was less than 200 euros. 175 seems to stick in my mind but cant be sure.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi, I dont remember prices of things very well, but last year it was less than 200 euros. 175 seems to stick in my mind but cant be sure.

Thanks for that.

Count us in. I reckon we will stay for minimum six weeks. Looking forward to meeting-up.
Currently sitting in van at Chichester. Ferry tomorrow night then Spain and Portugal. Never been to Portugal and no real plans of where to head for but keen to leave this damp Island behind for a while.

Malcolm & Cathryn

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
sounds great to me as well Dave just don't look in your garage for a bit and chuck some food and water in there occasionally.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
This is the final call for this winters Moroccan tour. Anyone else interested please let me know in the next few days please. We will be meeting up behind the Carrefour in Algeciras on 15/16 January.
If anyone would like a leisurely drive down through Europe we will be leaving Calais on 28 December.
This is the list of members meeting at Algeciras.
Snowbird.
Bryandh.
Nodrogski.
Tonka.
Cydersyd.
Gaudie.
Suggy.
Makems.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have heard this morning that diesel has gone up a bit in Morocco but as the exchange rate is in our favour we are still getting it at between 60p and 65p per litre. So you have no excuses regarding travel out there now :thumb:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Morocco

This is the final call for this winters Moroccan tour. Anyone else interested please let me know in the next few days please. We will be meeting up behind the Carrefour in Algeciras on 15/16 January.

You mention "Final Call" we are very interested in joining you but are not able to confirm at the moment. Would it be possible to tag along at the last minute? We are travelling to Spain on the 6th Dec so will be in the area.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

You mention "Final Call" we are very interested in joining you but are not able to confirm at the moment. Would it be possible to tag along at the last minute? We are travelling to Spain on the 6th Dec so will be in the area.
Hi, Yes that's fine. The reason I put final call was that we will be leaving home on 27 Dec and its quite possible I will not have internet for the journey down through Spain. I did not want to put anyone that was thinking of joining us in the position of having to sort out paperwork and the ferry to Tangier on there own.
As soon as you know something please PM me :thumb:.

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Since the purchase of our new to use Eurocamper we have decided to cancel our planned tour of the States and return to Morocco this winter. If anyone is interested in meeting up or tagging along for a while we would be more than happy for you to do so. Normally we don't have any set plans and just go with the flow. We plan on leaving around the first week of January and spending a month or so slowly travelling through France and Spain, arriving in Morocco end January. We will then travel down the west coast and then inland from South of Agadir. We thought of staying around one month in perhaps Zagora on a campsite before touring back up around April. If anyone is interested in joining us for any part of this trip please feel free to add any comments or suggestions. I must stress that this is not a guided tour as such but more of a trundle round with like minded people, but will give the added security for those that have never done Morocco to travel with those that have. We will be using a mixture of wild camps, beach camps and occasionally campsites for this trip, so if anyone is not happy with wild camping but still wants to join us they can use campsites and meet up later on the trip.
For those that have not read last years thread, look up "Overwintering in Morocco" on here. This will give you some idea of what its all about.

Hi, Just spotted your message - this sounds like a wonderful trip to do. Have you had anyone else interested in joining up with you?

I'm new to motorhoming & have looked at CC guided trips but they're so expensive to do as they're based on 2 people. I know people go far & wide as solo travellers but I'm not there yet - still getting to know the camper!

I'll look at the 'overwintering in Morocco' info to get an idea.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Just to say that I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and safe journey and come back safely.... Sounds absolutely wonderful and I wish I were in a position to tag along. Good luck and happy travels. :Smile:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Mophead, At the moment there are 8 definates, and 1 possible, in the party. I know this thread is a bit drawn out but if you wade through it you should get some idea of what we are doing. If you do decide to join in please let me know as soon as you can so as we all cross to Tangier at the same time. As I have said before its not an organised trip and everyone will be free to come and go as they please. Of course as there will be a few of us together it gives better bargaining power in Morocco for any excursions that will be of interest.

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Mophead, At the moment there are 8 definates, and 1 possible, in the party. I know this thread is a bit drawn out but if you wade through it you should get some idea of what we are doing. If you do decide to join in please let me know as soon as you can so as we all cross to Tangier at the same time. As I have said before its not an organised trip and everyone will be free to come and go as they please. Of course as there will be a few of us together it gives better bargaining power in Morocco for any excursions that will be of interest.

Hi - something went adrift here and I only saw the original post - but now have all the pages. I am very interested but fear that having not spotted your post I've left it too late to get myself organised - I'll work on what I think I need to do to see if I can pull it off.
Anyway, I'll read through the pages and your other post for last year.
Angie

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re Morocco

Hiya Am in Spain right now stying in Cabopino camp site until the end of January Want to go to morocco around the 12 February, ish
Would love to join you all touring around.
Want to go down the coast road stopping off here and there, Hit Agadir then would love to go further south, Working my way back through the centre of the country.:Cool:

Definitely up for this. :thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hopefully we will have internet connection from time to time, so keep an eye on this thread to see where we are when you come over.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back