Free Member
May 14, 2008
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Next years plans are in place, always wanted to visit Morocco but was curious would our black lab "Bonnie" be allowed to go.

If so, what would be the extra cost on the ferry?

Thanks

Dai

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
no extra cost on the ferry to morocco . you will need the blood test papers ,titra result for getting back into spain . plus all the other chip etc stuff . they dont stamp the dogs passport .
i leave my dog with a friend in spain . pm me if you need more info.
these days we dont need a blood test to check the titra for rabies anti bodies but we used to have to get blood test result. they need that for allowing the dog back into spain .
my dog left uk before the passport scheme came in to action .but had already had the blood tests etc . we left in dec 99 as the pets passport scheme came out the following march/april. last winter was her first one in uk .she didnt like it either. ha ha

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well have been quite busy with this one over the last few weeks and have come up with a plan :Doh:
I thought of holding a meet at Le Relais de Marrakech. This is a French owned campsite with all facilities, including Glamping tents for hire which I thought anyone that could not find the time to take there motorhome could rent and fly in for a week or so. There are cheap flights with Easyjet from Manchester starting at around £100 return and with the cost of the accommodation being around £20 per night for up to 4 people sharing this gives many a chance to savor Morocco at a reasonable cost. Le Relais de Marrakech has a website so you can check it out for yourselves. I am quite flexible when this meet can be arranged as long as its sometime between the second week of January and the second week of April. Although I would normally only stay here for a week am prepared to stay over for perhaps 3 weeks if there is enough interest. Other than this campsite we will be touring most of the time wherever the wind blows us. Comments please.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Many thanks for the link Brian...I must stress at this point I am not the most organized person in the world and to give you some idea of my organization skills, If you stood 100 people in a line with the most organized being no1, I would be somewhere between 99 and 100.
But at least I do try :ROFLMAO:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Well have been quite busy with this one over the last few weeks and have come up with a plan :Doh:
I thought of holding a meet at Le Relais de Marrakech. This is a French owned campsite with all facilities, including Glamping tents for hire which I thought anyone that could not find the time to take there motorhome could rent and fly in for a week or so. There are cheap flights with Easyjet from Manchester starting at around £100 return and with the cost of the accommodation being around £20 per night for up to 4 people sharing this gives many a chance to savor Morocco at a reasonable cost. Le Relais de Marrakech has a website so you can check it out for yourselves. I am quite flexible when this meet can be arranged as long as its sometime between the second week of January and the second week of April. Although I would normally only stay here for a week am prepared to stay over for perhaps 3 weeks if there is enough interest. Other than this campsite we will be touring most of the time wherever the wind blows us. Comments please.

Noted the dates for the proposed "meet". When do you plan to arrive (presumably) Algeciras and do you have crossing date booked/planned ?

We are still interested, just need to put some domestic stuff in place and firm up on dates.

Regards, Bryan

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Noted the dates for the proposed "meet". When do you plan to arrive (presumably) Algeciras and do you have crossing date booked/planned ?

We are still interested, just need to put some domestic stuff in place and firm up on dates.

Regards, Bryan
Hi Bryan, We will "hopefully" leave home around 27 Dec and head down to Dover catching the DFDS to Calais, which we generally find is the cheapest.
Normally I would head straight down the middle of France to Perpignan to see friends, but am having a change this year as have had an invite to one of our ex pat funsters in Portugal. I hope to arive in Algeciras around the second or third week of January. I never make ferry bookings to Morroco as its cheaper to book direct with Galtieres "spelling" behind the Carafore in Algeciras. I normally try to have internet contact from leaving home so there SHOULD be no problems contacting me on route. Will update as more definite plans are made.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Take plenty of FB pies !!!:ROFLMAO:

Our journey will be much shorter than your "trek", Malaga > Algeciras about 3 hours but time permitting we will take a shortcut thru the Algarve :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Regards, Bryan

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Look forward to meeting up with you Bryan. I used the Algecirus-Tangier Med crossing last year and must say its much easier now than it used to be. You can if you wish come straight out of the port and jump straight onto the new motorway south. It saves all the hassle of getting through Tangier. Make sure you have a green card or that your Spanish insurance covers you for Morocco. You can buy local insurance at the port, but am not sure how good it is. Will keep you posted as time goes bye. Am not sure if anyone else is interested in this trip or perhaps meeting up at some point, if so please don't hesitate to post.

Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
Morocco

Since the purchase of our new to use Eurocamper we have decided to cancel our planned tour of the States and return to Morocco this winter. If anyone is interested in meeting up or tagging along for a while we would be more than happy for you to do so. Normally we don't have any set plans and just go with the flow. We plan on leaving around the first week of January and spending a month or so slowly travelling through France and Spain, arriving in Morocco end January. We will then travel down the west coast and then inland from South of Agadir. We thought of staying around one month in perhaps Zagora on a campsite before touring back up around April. If anyone is interested in joining us for any part of this trip please feel free to add any comments or suggestions. I must stress that this is not a guided tour as such but more of a trundle round with like minded people, but will give the added security for those that have never done Morocco to travel with those that have. We will be using a mixture of wild camps, beach camps and occasionally campsites for this trip, so if anyone is not happy with wild camping but still wants to join us they can use campsites and meet up later on the trip.
For those that have not read last years thread, look up "Overwintering in Morocco" on here. This will give you some idea of what its all about.

I went to Morocco in Jan of this year and thoroughly enjoyed it and would be interested in teaming up for part of the journey.
I prefer to e mail so if possible can you reply to gordonj@madasafish.com?
I look forward to hearing from you asap as you are online.
Cheers
Gaudie

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I went to Morocco in Jan of this year and thoroughly enjoyed it and would be interested in teaming up for part of the journey.
I prefer to e mail so if possible can you reply to gordonj@madasafish.com?
I look forward to hearing from you asap as you are online.
Cheers
Gaudie
No problem there Gaudie, your email is duly filed. Look forward to meeting up with you finally. It seems we have 3 definates now. Just a point of interest would any other funsters be interested in flying out to Marrakesh for a short break, if not and there are no more definates there would not be much point holding a meet there and the rest of us can get on with touring.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
No problem there Gaudie, your email is duly filed. Look forward to meeting up with you finally. It seems we have 3 definates now. Just a point of interest would any other funsters be interested in flying out to Marrakesh for a short break, if not and there are no more definates there would not be much point holding a meet there and the rest of us can get on with touring.

Like the look of Le Relais, might be an excellent base for doing the tourist thing in Marrakech. Have been amazed by the range and quality (and the extraordinarily LOW costs) of some of the venues available for the touring MHer and have spent hours browsing the web sites found at link below, which might be of interest to others

Broken Link Removed

Regards, Bryan

Last edited:

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Count Us in Please.

Have just found your thread and are very interested. Have had this trip in mind but unsure as to doing it alone. No doubt we will have many questions and will list them through the PM or e-mail system. Meanwhile, yes please!

Thanks for the offer of your company, experience and knowledge.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have just found your thread and are very interested. Have had this trip in mind but unsure as to doing it alone. No doubt we will have many questions and will list them through the PM or e-mail system. Meanwhile, yes please!

Thanks for the offer of your company, experience and knowledge.::bigsmile:

Thanks for the interest Graham, your email is duly filed and I will be sending emails to all interested parties soon so that I can be contacted.
I just wish to point out this is for security reasons as you can imagine, its not a good idea to publish all details on an open forum when members are expected to be away from home for any length of time.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Snowbird..
PM sent.. Pencil me in as a possible subject to departure dates etc...:thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well it seems to be coming together slowly........Now there are 5 of us :thumb:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Maybe 6.. We have friends who may be coming...
Read only funsters as they are not that techie on computers but will join when asked.. :thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If it keeps on at this rate we may be able to get some discounts, as am not afraid to ask :thumb:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Oh Dave now I am crying........I soooooooo wish that I could make it though I would have to change the RV :RollEyes: why do I have to work.......Next year Mate hope and pray.......you have my phone number and e-mail if you need anything doing while your away don't hesitate just let me know and it's done :thumb:

All the best Rick

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Many thanks Rick. I already owe you one from last year :thumb:. I too wish you were coming along as am sure we are all going to have a great time. The downside would be if we were together we would need to hire a fleet of trucks to bring all the junk back :Doh:.
I still have some old motorcycles to collect from last year. At least they have had time to restore them since last year.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Many thanks Rick. I already owe you one from last year :thumb:. I too wish you were coming along as am sure we are all going to have a great time. The downside would be if we were together we would need to hire a fleet of trucks to bring all the junk back :Doh:.
I still have some old motorcycles to collect from last year. At least they have had time to restore them since last year.

You owe me nothing mate :thumb:......just read your post to Rosie as soon as I said a fleet of trucks she said He's right :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: She knows me only too well :RollEyes: never know I might be asking you to help me find a different motorhome to do the trip the year after ::bigsmile: one day work will not get in the way :thumb:

All the best Rick

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You owe me nothing mate :thumb:......just read your post to Rosie as soon as I said a fleet of trucks she said He's right :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: She knows me only too well :RollEyes: never know I might be asking you to help me find a different motorhome to do the trip the year after ::bigsmile: one day work will not get in the way :thumb:

All the best Rick
No problem helping you find a van pal. On a more serious and maybe morbid note. Dont leave that retirement to long pal as none of us are going to be here for ever :Sad:.
What I have found since retiring is I don't NEED anywhere near as much as I thought I did.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have finally managed to work some form of itinerary out for this trip, but if anyone can add too or change its no problem as nothing is written in stone.
We are looking to meet up behind the Carafour at Algeciras on or around the 5th January. We hope to catch a ferry to Tangier on the 6th having stocked up with supplies in Algecras. If for any reason any of the party cant make this date, please contact me by PM and we can alter this date to suit, as it would be better if we all crossed at the same time.
After doing the formalities in Tangier Med new port we will have a short drive down to Asilah were we will be parked just outside the Medina on a guarded aire. Having spent a couple of days here to acclimatise to the Moroccan way of life I suggest a short hop down the coast rd to Larache for another short stop. We then make our way down the coast rd towards Casablanca and then inland to Marrakesh. I am looking at arriving in Marrakesh somewhere around the 13th January were we will stay at Le Relais de Marrakesh for a week or so before heading down the Valee du Draa to Zagora were I will possibly stay for 2 or 3 weeks before heading west towards the coast at Sidi Ifni. From here we will head North on the beautiful coast rd towards Agadir.
That should be enough for now, and as I said earlier, this is not written in stone and if anyone is out there as a lone traveller or if anyone in the party want to do something else they can hop on and hop off whenever it suits them. I will be leaving the UK via Dover Calais on 28 Dec.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Have finally managed to work some form of itinerary out for this trip, but if anyone can add too or change its no problem as nothing is written in stone.
We are looking to meet up behind the Carafour at Algeciras on or around the 5th January. We hope to catch a ferry to Tangier on the 6th having stocked up with supplies in Algecras. If for any reason any of the party cant make this date, please contact me by PM and we can alter this date to suit, as it would be better if we all crossed at the same time.
After doing the formalities in Tangier Med new port we will have a short drive down to Asilah were we will be parked just outside the Medina on a guarded aire. Having spent a couple of days here to acclimatise to the Moroccan way of life I suggest a short hop down the coast rd to Larache for another short stop. We then make our way down the coast rd towards Casablanca and then inland to Marrakesh. I am looking at arriving in Marrakesh somewhere around the 13th January were we will stay at Le Relais de Marrakesh for a week or so before heading down the Valee du Draa to Zagora were I will possibly stay for 2 or 3 weeks before heading west towards the coast at Sidi Ifni. From here we will head North on the beautiful coast rd towards Agadir.
That should be enough for now, and as I said earlier, this is not written in stone and if anyone is out there as a lone traveller or if anyone in the party want to do something else they can hop on and hop off whenever it suits them. I will be leaving the UK via Dover Calais on 28 Dec.

Nice route Dave.. wish we were coming along.. but with Chaz at school we have to wait a few years ... :Sad:

I've taken the liberty of plotting it on a Google map ..

safe travels.. :Smile:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks Jim. I will try to keep you posted as to our whereabouts, as and when I have internet connection.
Just another point, We love Tafraout from last years trip and will possibly be stopping off there for a week or so. Am really looking forward to trying out the buggy in some serious dunes now the upgrades have been done.

Attachments

• Joyner 650 Buggy 001.jpg
    Joyner 650 Buggy 001.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Joyner 650 Buggy 002.jpg
    Joyner 650 Buggy 002.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Slight change of plans..........The best made plans of mice and me :ROFLMAO:.
We will be looking at meeting up at Algeciras between the 15/16 January. If any would like to make it a later date please advise as soon as you know for sure.

Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
Morocco

We visited Morocco last year during late January February had fantastic time. We are going again but probably not until middle of February as we spend a couple of months at Zahora but if our paths and times cross we would love to travel some of the way with you

Regards Alan Brenda

What a nice reply. Sorry about not replying sooner. It would seem to be a good idea to exchange details, if you are willling?
I prefer e mailing directly rather than MFN so my address is:
gordonj@madasafish.com
mob no: 07788937948
I am in touch with others using this method. Hope you feel ok about this.
Gordon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back