Morelo Palace 93 MB - Available Now (1 Viewer)

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Sadly, we have decided to pass our beloved Morelo Palace 93m island bed / salon lounge version (also with drop-down double cab bed) onto a new custodian. Will it be you?

More info about this Morelo, the complete specification, and how a viewing can be arranged can be found here

Serious buyers only

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Sadly, we have decided to pass our beloved Morelo Palace 93m island bed / salon lounge version (also with drop-down double cab bed) onto a new custodian. Will it be you?

More info about this Morelo, the complete specification, and how a viewing can be arranged can be found here

Serious buyers only
Good luck with the sale Peter your van is very well set up for any new owner👍

Although I have noticed the only thing you don’t seem to have is one of these special door closing attachments! could be a deal clincher😂😂
46E3901A-F9DA-4D93-9FCE-5233170E60EE.jpeg

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Good luck with the sale.

And before Ian the builder gets in I can do £5 a week if you get stuck selling 😉😊

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
I'd have brought it but just put a deposit down on a sunseeker yacht!!

Only joking!

Cheers James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Peter

Sorry to hear you have to sell.

I could be your 'serious buyer' if only it were the 82M. Spec is very good

I think too long for us. I note you seem to have chassis wheels on the overhang.

We even grounded our 7m MH towbar on a Greek ferry recently - and that is with no tides unlike Scotland. Also a bit long for turning in our yard.

Good luck with sale.

Geoff

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Peter

I think too long for us. I note you seem to have chassis wheels on the overhang.

We even grounded our 7m MH towbar on a Greek ferry recently - and that is with no tides unlike Scotland. Also a bit long for turning in our yard.

Good luck with sale.

Geoff
VB air can help lift the arse.

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Peter

Good luck with sale.

Geoff
Thanks, no worries.

We don't have to sell the Morelo, we have chosen to.

VB Full Active Air is fitted and easily lifts the rear on campsite slopes and ferry ramps etc. The items you see underneath are sacrificial rubber blocks (like skids) and are there to protect the vehicle from those pesky little bumps you didn't quite anticipate. I think all Morelo's have them but could be wrong.

Good luck finding your ideal Morelo.

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thanks, no worries.

VB Full Active Air is fitted and easily lifts the rear on campsite slopes and ferry ramps etc. The items you see underneath are sacrificial rubber blocks (like skids) and are there to protect the vehicle from those pesky little bumps you didn't quite anticipate. I think all Morlo's have them but could be wrong.

How strange

We had a similar ‘serious buyer’ when selling our NiBi
Sadly turned out to be just another tyre kicker.
Champagne taste and lemonade money comes to mind

Thankfully there are loads of serious buyers looking for a quality van

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I think all Morelo's have them but could be wrong.
Thanks, no worries.

VB Full Active Air is fitted and easily lifts the rear on campsite slopes and ferry ramps etc. The items you see underneath are sacrificial rubber blocks (like skids) and are there to protect the vehicle from those pesky little bumps you didn't quite anticipate. I think all Morelo's have them but could be wrong.

Mine too but raising the back end does help but only if you anticipate the need 👍

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
It's lovely. But I don't understand why you don't put up pictures of your morelo rather than stock ones.

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
How strange

We had a similar ‘serious buyer’ when selling our NiBi
Sadly turned out to be just another tyre kicker.
Champagne taste and lemonade money comes to mind

Thankfully there are loads of serious buyers looking for a quality van
Indeed there are plenty of them around, who after wasting your time answering many emails, find something to justify their reason not to go ahead.

Strangely enough, it's never the real reason, lack of funds :giggle:

Andrew

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
It looks a beautiful van but not all people who show interest, view and research are tyre kickers with no intention to buy if they don’t then go ahead with it.
It’s a big decision buying a Motorhome and there are hundreds of questions and things to think about, especially with a top quality, high end van.
If I was interested in this van and then saw some posts on this thread I would be worried what if I don’t buy it I’m going to be called all sorts.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Good luck with your sale. I did read that the used prices have risen significantly, but didn’t appreciate by how much. You must be close to wanting what you paid for your van 4 years ago? Great if you can get it and not buying a new one which I assume will also be attracting increased premium.

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
It's lovely. But I don't understand why you don't put up pictures of your morelo rather than stock ones.
Thanks for your feedback.

You will be referring to the gallery of all of the images we were sent from when it was new in the online advert. These photos, sent to us by the German dealer, are what prompted us to travel to Germany & to buy this Morelo and show it in a way that I can't right now; of it being totally empty.

For anyone interested, other than our personal items in storage areas, drawers, etc., any photos I take would be almost identical anyway.

Come and see for yourself.

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
It looks a beautiful van but not all people who show interest, view and research are tyre kickers with no intention to buy if they don’t then go ahead with it.
It’s a big decision buying a Motorhome and there are hundreds of questions and things to think about, especially with a top quality, high end van.
If I was interested in this van and then saw some posts on this thread I would be worried what if I don’t buy it I’m going to be called all sorts.

I agree but most likely some people, having had that experience, are left feeling that way.

As for showing people around our motorhome who may be considering a Morelo, it's quite a tough decision. Your motorhome is like your second home, it's a personal space.

I was approached by someone on this forum almost 3 years ago asking if they could come over to take a look at it, it wasn't for sale at the time. He said he was considering buying a Morelo and Premium didn't have a Palace at the time. My thinking was this. How would I like to be treated? I would love to have been able to see one in the UK before going to Germany to buy one but it wasn't possible to do so, back then.

So I agreed, they came to our home and they were a lovely couple. They spent the afternoon with us asking loads of questions and enjoyed being able to see it, appreciate the build quality and the scale of it. They went on to buy a new one in Germany from the same dealer we used. They still have it and they love their Morelo.

Why wouldn't I help someone if I can?

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Good luck with your sale. I did read that the used prices have risen significantly, but didn’t appreciate by how much. You must be close to wanting what you paid for your van 4 years ago? Great if you can get it and not buying a new one which I assume will also be attracting increased premium.
Thanks, Stewart.

When in Germany collecting our Morelo almost 4 years ago, the dealer told us that they had just part-exchanged a Morelo Palace they had sold new, 2 years earlier. They said they paid the owner the same price for it that he had paid two years earlier.

Whilst you cannot regard a Morelo as an investment, you can buy one knowing that they are a great motorhome for you to enjoy whilst you own it, are brilliantly designed & made, and although they do depreciate, they actually retain their value pretty well. This is due largely to the rising demand for new vehicles, the manufacturer's annual price rises (making new vehicles above some buyer's budget), and good demand for previously owned vehicles. Many of those being advertised abroad have been taken in as part-exchanges against new Morelos. Many owners buy another new Morelo whilst others upgrade to the brand. And, like us, some just jump straight in as a first-time buyers.

And of course, the Import Duty now payable on second-hand EU vehicles is also making vehicles already in the UK, much more attractive.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Must have missed that!
I know about the VAT payable on new but didn’t realise there was now a duty on used vehicles.
What rate is it?
The theory at the moment is that you pay 20% VAT on imports of used vehicles from EU, talking to a guy on a trade stand yesterday at Stratford show he suggested that the VAT was payable only up to 1 year old which seems more sensible.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
The theory at the moment is that you pay 20% VAT on imports of used vehicles from EU, talking to a guy on a trade stand yesterday at Stratford show he suggested that the VAT was payable only up to 1 year old which seems more sensible.
Theory and “At the moment” not conclusive Martin does anybody know for definite at the minute?
I’ve heard so many theories I haven’t a clue now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back