Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Team,

Some advice if I may please.

Nicky and I thinking about visiting Schlüsselfeld in the first week of March.

I understand from you guys that the Concorde and Morelo factories are just a few km's from each other so can anyone tell me if there are any camping sites nearby (or will Morelo and Concorde let us stay onsite at their factories in our PVC).

I would also like to swing-by a couple of Morelo dealers to view their in-stock models so a trip to Schlüsselfeld should in theory be a worthwhile excersie.

FYI, the Concorde 890 RRL has also taken our fancy so I'm keen to compare.

Any advice is most welcome (and needed!!).

All the best,

Andrew
Hi Andrew

Morelo and Concorde both have a stellplatz at their showrooms and they don't care what you are in as it's your money they want ;) 890 RRL is a nice van but the rear seating takes too much out of the garage for my liking, it is a layout that MORELO don't do though.

Martin

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Andrew I wouldn't pop down to NFU in person, you will get no where
You need to phone Claire Wray Chichester office, do you require the number, it's on my phone and I'm on it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Morelo have a large new Aire on site with electric. Not sure about Concorde. Also if you are there go to the Phoenix factory too. If you are into Concorde pop down the road to Gluck in Sulzemoos. They are Concorde (sales guy Christian) Morelo (but something has happened they have no new stock and there may be some friction since my sale) & Phoenix dealers, and literally have thousands of vans for sale. Steer clear of a sales guy called Michael Schade.
Binder and Zeismann are big dealers with stock of Morelos. Go to Polch and Neismann Caravans are big Concorde dealers, and while you are there pop over to the N+B factory.
That's a good suggestion Michael re the N+B factory at Polch as it's about half way to Schlusselfeld/Aschbach and of course they have a Stellplatz as well Andrew Blue Knight, if you want to visit Phoenix it might be worth making an appointment as they don't have a showroom as such but we were greeted and given a tour of the factory and then went up to Hamburg to see a dealer(y) and Hamburg is a nice and interesting city.

Dirk Fohr at Niesmann caravanning is a nice guy and speaks very good English.

Martin

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Andrew I wouldn't pop down to NFU in person, you will get no where
You need to phone Claire Wray Chichester office, do you require the number, it's on my phone and I'm on it
Stokesley office was great Paul, we have been in a few times and taken two cars and the motorhome business to them, couldn't touch Bennets for the scooter though, all part of the long term master plan to be an existing customer when we eventually decided to buy something new.

Martin

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Morelo have a large new Aire on site with electric. Not sure about Concorde. Also if you are there go to the Phoenix factory too. If you are into Concorde pop down the road to Gluck in Sulzemoos. They are Concorde (sales guy Christian) Morelo (but something has happened they have no new stock and there may be some friction since my sale) & Phoenix dealers, and literally have thousands of vans for sale. Steer clear of a sales guy called Michael Schade.
Binder and Zeismann are big dealers with stock of Morelos. Go to Polch and Neismann Caravans are big Concorde dealers, and while you are there pop over to the N+B factory.

Cheers Michael, I'll do a bit of Googling tomorrow and come up with a plan. We're only planning on a Mon-Fri visit as we need to get back for something.

Your advice on the dealer network is bloody useful sir - Thankyou (y)

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
We stayed at the Concorde aire
Very nice and convenient for the village.
Thought that the Concorde and Phoenix ranges looked very tired and dated compared with Morelo

It'll be interesting to make a direct comparison as I've not got much to compare the Morelo to at this point in time.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thought that the Concorde and Phoenix ranges looked very tired and dated compared with Morelo
Phoenix are still using the interior wood finish that N+B stopped using about 13 years ago, nice vans but Mrs Funflair didn't like the Compressor fridge and having the standard IVECO dashboard makes them look rather dated, big garage though(y)

Martin

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Stokesley office was great Paul, we have been in a few times and taken two cars and the motorhome business to them, couldn't touch Bennets for the scooter though, all part of the long term master plan to be an existing customer when we eventually decided to buy something new.

Martin

Barnard Castle branch are next to useless Martin.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Andrew

Morelo and Concorde both have a stellplatz at their showrooms and they don't care what you are in as it's your money they want ;) 890 RRL is a nice van but the rear seating takes too much out of the garage for my liking, it is a layout that MORELO don't do though.

Martin

Hi Martin,

We got the concept from a Frankia Platin which we saw last year. Not quite the same but similar(ish).

It's a real good point you make about the garage but Nicky isn't as lucky as Jen and she'll be getting a nice new set of Aldi trainers and not a posh bike or car like you guys- so in theory that would negate the need for a super sized garage ::bigsmile:

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi Andrew

Martin
I'm of the opinion that a rear lounge liner is not the most resealable of items, what do you think Martin?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I'm of the opinion that a rear lounge liner is not the most resealable of items, what do you think Martin?
I don't know Jon but like everything you only need one person to want it, I do think they are an interesting layout but didn't suit us on various fronts not just the garage to be fair.

Martin

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
There is a 890rrl for sale at Southdowns which I think was part exchanged for a newer 790rl. On the bigger one the ‘open’bathroom is between habitation door and cab which I find weird if you wanted to get to drivers seat and someone is using the loo!!
NFU did not include recovery when I last enquired , is this still the case and who do you go with for recovery as some don’t like high vehicles such as ADAC ?

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
There is a 890rrl for sale at Southdowns which I think was part exchanged for ...
NFU did not include recovery when I last enquired , is this still the case and who do you go with for recovery as some don’t like high vehicles such as ADAC ?
That’s correct, no recovery On motorhome. We rely on ADAC

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
lady at ADAC told me they had height limit so couldn’t guarantee firms would recover. was it 3.2m limit I can’t remember at moment.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
lady at ADAC told me they had height limit so couldn’t guarantee firms would recover. was it 3.2m limit I can’t remember at moment.
That could be right. With AA etc the problem is length. They won’t take a 9m vehicle

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Growler isnt listed by NFU . Yes we had Strikeback on a previous van, Autowatch on this one then we were going to fit Growler on Morelo, but NFU say it’s not recognised by then
So is Growler recognised by NFU Eddie?
Yes it is Thatcham approved

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015

We’re insured with NFU - they don’t have recovery. ADAC, AA, etc don’t recover large vehicles. We went with the RAC Arrival via the caravan and camping club. They do recovery for 7500 tonne but you have to buy it via the club as it isn’t available otherwise - at least it wasn’t when we joined.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
If you do experience any further problem P.M. me the name and telephone number of the person you are dealing with and I will get someone to call them.

The Thatcham number you need is ‘TSC 127’ and you get a personalised Insurance Certificate when your system is installed

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015

I think Concorde and Morelo are very much the same but personally I think the interior of the Concorde is more stylish. I don’t like the angular style in the Morelo interior - I prefer the curved profiles in the Concorde and other styling details. However, I think Morelo has better exterior styling.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I think they’re very much the same but personally I think the interior of the Concorde is more stylish. I don’t like the angular style in the Morelo interior - I prefer the curved profiles in the Concorde and other styling details. However, I think Morelo has better exterior styling.
Like most things it is a matter of taste and do believe that at the moment as you say Concorde have the edge on interior design, if not a tad too blingy if I were nit picking, and again the Morelo exterior, especially the arse end is streets ahead of Concorde which seems to have run out of design steam half way moving astern.
The Phoenixs are looking very much better from the outside now, and the internals are all hand built to very high quality in terms of materials and construction method, but lack creative skill. However they are more open to design changes and offer Victron as standard so that immediately gets my vote. But I didn't buy one!
20191015_114621.jpg

20191015_114552.jpg

20191015_120319.jpg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think Concorde and Morelo are very much the same but personally I think the interior of the Concorde is more stylish. I don’t like the angular style in the Morelo interior - I prefer the curved profiles in the Concorde and other styling details. However, I think Morelo has better exterior styling.
It’s all down to subtle little differences now, MORELO have now adopted the curvy cupboards so it came down to what we thought was better kitchen space in the Palace and the UK dealer is just down the road.

Martin

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
There is a 890rrl for sale at Southdowns which I think was part exchanged for a newer 790rl. On the bigger one the ‘open’bathroom is between habitation door and cab which I find weird if you wanted to get to drivers seat and someone is using the loo!!

I don’t think the scenario you mention about the open bathroom would be an issue. I can’t think you’d need to access the driver’s seat that urgently! The bathrooms in the usual layout are open and you have to walk through to get into the bedroom - we’ve never found it a problem..

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Team,

Some advice if I may please.

Nicky and I thinking about visiting Schlüsselfeld in the first week of March.

I understand from you guys that the Concorde and Morelo factories are just a few km's from each other so can anyone tell me if there are any camping sites nearby (or will Morelo and Concorde let us stay onsite at their factories in our PVC).

I would also like to swing-by a couple of Morelo dealers to view their in-stock models so a trip to Schlüsselfeld should in theory be a worthwhile excersie.

FYI, the Concorde 890 RRL has also taken our fancy so I'm keen to compare.

Any advice is most welcome (and needed!!).

All the best,

Andrew

Friends of ours have an 890RRL - it’s fantastic in terms of the amount of living space and the kitchen area is huge. I wondered about the bed as I don’t like the overcab beds. However, the bed is massive and comes down lower than the usual over cab bed. The whole vehicle is very well planned, even giving an office area beyond the bathroom.

We had dinner in their vehicle with another couple. All six of us fitted around the dining table comfortably.

it’s a very nice layout indeed.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
It’s all down to subtle little differences now, MORELO have now adopted the curvy cupboards so it came down to what we thought was better kitchen space in the Palace and the UK dealer is just down the road.

Martin

Yes, the location of the dealer is one, if not the main, reason we chose to buy at Southdowns.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
One thing we added as an option on our RS was a sliding door between the bedroom and the bathroom (there is one already between the bathroom and the living area). I thought most people would want this as standard but apparently a lot of people are not bothered about one person being in Bed and seeing someone else knees (and hearing them?) on the loo.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back