Morelo For Beginners | Page 4 | MotorhomeFun | The Motorhome Support and Social Network

Morelo For Beginners

OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Funster
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Ducato Maxi PVC
Exp
Sep 2016
Team,

A quick update for you.

Nicky and I have had a truly fantastic day today at Premium. We were hosted by the Co-Owner, Michael, for the majority of our two hour visit and I have to say now that he knows his stuff; an incredibly professional and likeable chappy for sure.

I don't wish to overstate things in this post but we went to Doncaster knowing very little and we've come away with a whole load of very useful info including brochures, price lists, build processes, financial info, specs, payloads, accessories, ordering procedures, German factory visits and shows etc.

Nicky has gone a wee bit crazy and is now trying to establish a suitable colour combo between the floors, furniture and the accessories/home furnishings pack while I'm looking at the technical options and the prices!!

It's clear to me now that some Morelo customers take many-many months to configure the correct layout, van size and spec list before they submit an order but, IMO, this is reassuring to us as we can now have a play with the specs and see how things unfold without any time pressures.

That said, this is not a cheap sport or lifestyle choice but for the first time ever I now understand why people buy them. I'm not saying everyone will 'get it' but we do.

It'll now take a few days for Nicky and I to digest the info but I'll revert shortly with some questions if I may.

Regards to all,

Andrew

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
Nothing ATM
Exp
since 2012
Team,

A quick update for you.

Nicky and I have had a truly fantastic day today at Premium. We were hosted by the Co-Owner, Michael, for the majority of our two hour visit and I have to say now that he knows his stuff; an incredibly professional and likeable chappy for sure.

I don't wish to overstate things in this post but we went to Doncaster knowing very little and we've come away with a whole load of very useful info including brochures, price lists, build processes, financial info, specs, payloads, accessories, ordering procedures, German factory visits and shows etc.

Nicky has gone a wee bit crazy and is now trying to establish a suitable colour combo between the floors, furniture and the accessories/home furnishings pack while I'm looking at the technical options and the prices!!

It's clear to me now that some Morelo customers take many-many months to configure the correct layout, van size and spec list before they submit an order but, IMO, this is reassuring to us as we can now have a play with the specs and see how things unfold without any time pressures.

That said, this is not a cheap sport or lifestyle choice but for the first time ever I now understand why people buy them. I'm not saying everyone will 'get it' but we do.

It'll now take a few days for Nicky and I to digest the info but I'll revert shortly with some questions if I may.

Regards to all,

Andrew
So pleased that you had a nice day out and came away more educated than confused😏

Martin

OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Funster
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Ducato Maxi PVC
Exp
Sep 2016
OK chaps, for those Funsters who say the Morelo sales brochure is easy:

1. We didn't receive a brochure for our first C-Class van purchase but I know from experience that it was about 20-pages long.

2. Our second C-Class van came with a 20-page sales brochure too.

3. The third van (PVC) was 26-pages.

4. The Morelo sales & options list brochure(s) weighs 1.2kg

Enough said :think:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Spoke to the owner of this one in Maroc, he had a Mini Cooper in the garage. He had the faded front and rear black roof panels re-sprayed by a guy who had all his kit in a old battered Peugeot 205. There seems to be lot Morellos over here, must be all that EU money we’ve donated to their coffers.

Attachments

OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Funster
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Ducato Maxi PVC
Exp
Sep 2016
Team,

I have been using Michael's link for a few days now and I can now report that I've Google Translated just about every in-stock van (from new vans to those being 22-months old) which have a price tag of between €325K and €180K.

It has been an incredibly useful exercise in terms of me getting to grips with the prices and specs of German v English 'in-stock' Morelos.

.......and the conclusion for me is that Germany would be the clear winner should we ever decide to purchase an in-stock model. (There are some fantatsic deals to be had when compared to the UK's 'in-stock' prices).

The pre-order system is slightly different and I'm still waiting on a wee bit more input from other sources to see if a German or UK dealer would be the best POC.

Having said all that, I would clarify the point that Nicky and I would potentially wait a further 6 more months to see what happens to the £-€ exchange rate. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Euro bubble will succumb to such severe external pressures next year that the Morelo vans will become a much more competitively priced option etc.

It's a gamble and I could be wrong but that's also part of the fun.

NFTR :hi:

Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
Nothing ATM
Exp
since 2012
Team,

I have been using Michael's link for a few days now and I can now report that I've Google Translated just about every in-stock van (from new vans to those being 22-months old) which have a price tag of between €325K and €180K.

It has been an incredibly useful exercise in terms of me getting to grips with the prices and specs of German v English 'in-stock' Morelos.

.......and the conclusion for me is that Germany would be the clear winner should we ever decide to purchase an in-stock model. (There are some fantatsic deals to be had when compared to the UK's 'in-stock' prices).

The pre-order system is slightly different and I'm still waiting on a wee bit more input from other sources to see if a German or UK dealer would be the best POC.

Having said all that, I would clarify the point that Nicky and I would potentially wait a further 6 more months to see what happens to the £-€ exchange rate. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Euro bubble will succumb to such severe external pressures next year that the Morelo vans will become a much more competitively priced option etc.

It's a gamble and I could be wrong but that's also part of the fun.

NFTR :hi:

Andrew
Do you want to borrow my crystal ball😏. Ps it’s broken I think.

Martin

Rhino Installs
West Country Motorhomes
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Johns Cross
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians