Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
One thing we added as an option on our RS was a sliding door between the bedroom and the bathroom (there is one already between the bathroom and the living area). I thought most people would want this as standard but apparently a lot of people are not bothered about one person being in Bed and seeing someone else knees (and hearing them?) on the loo.

I think they’re standard on Concorde. I like the door closing off the bedroom as it has a huge mirror covering the whole door - it gives the impression that the vehicle is twice the size. It can be a shock for your dog when he sees ‘another’ dog in his territory for the first time though - intruder alert!:giggle:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think they’re standard on Concorde. I like the door closing off the bedroom as it has a huge mirror covering the whole door - it gives the impression that the vehicle is twice the size. It can be a shock for your dog when he sees ‘another’ dog in his territory for the first time though - intruder alert!:giggle:
Standard I am sure (y) likewise with the Palace, we have gone for an extra mirror on the back of the lounge/bathroom door.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
It’s all down to subtle little differences now, MORELO have now adopted the curvy cupboards so it came down to what we thought was better kitchen space in the Palace and the UK dealer is just down the road.

Martin
The most subtle difference for me is the bar table. Concordes looks like a restaurant table, Morelo like a cafe, did not go well when I asked.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
One of the extra options on the Morelo is the separate toilet which turns the bathroom into a similar area that the N+B Flair has as standard. With the 2 sets of sliding doors the area divides very well. For those reading this thread, look closely at the separate toilet option.
Michael

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
One of the extra options on the Morelo is the separate toilet which turns the bathroom into a similar area that the N+B Flair has as standard. With the 2 sets of sliding doors the area divides very well. For those reading this thread, look closely at the separate toilet option.
Michael
Yes we had the option but didn't want it, some friends looked at Charisma and the Palace and wanted that bathroom option but Concorde didn't offer it but they got the Charisma anyway, hey ho we are all different, I do like the open corners on the top cupboards on the Charisma that you don't get with Palace.

Martin

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
We’re insured with NFU - they don’t have recovery. ADAC, AA, etc don’t recover large vehicles. We went with the RAC Arrival via the caravan and camping club. They do recovery for 7500 tonne but you have to buy it via the club as it isn’t available otherwise - at least it wasn’t when we joined.

Some tip-top points made on recovery there - thankyou (and Rapphil too) (y)

.......so to summarise the various posts:

1. NFU is not able to do recovery at all.

2. ADAC will not recover vans over 3.2m high (and Morelo vans are either 3.32m, 3.41m, 3.49m, 3.72m or 3.76m).

3. ADAC and AA only recover up to 9m long.

4. RAC Arrival will cover all Morelo heights and lengths but I would need to rejoin C&MC (we let our membership expire just 3-months ago, damn).

Does this mean that all Morelo/Concorde owners hold NFU insurance but have an RAC Arrival policy by the C&MC too.

Unless I'm missing something then this surely is the only combo possible.

That said, does Iveco also run a similiar 3-year long pan-Euro breakdown & repair warranty like the Fiat system and therefore this negates the need for seperate recovery insurance?

I think it may time for a second coffee as I'm a wee bit confused.

Thanks all,

Andrew

P.S. If the AA does cover sub 9m vans then what is it's height restriction if any?

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Friends of ours have an 890RRL - it’s fantastic in terms of the amount of living space and the kitchen area is huge. I wondered about the bed as I don’t like the overcab beds. However, the bed is massive and comes down lower than the usual over cab bed. The whole vehicle is very well planned, even giving an office area beyond the bathroom.

We had dinner in their vehicle with another couple. All six of us fitted around the dining table comfortably.

it’s a very nice layout indeed.

Nicky and I looked at the layout (via the internet only) and in principle it looks to have a very usable and practical living space; i.e. with a seperate lounge and kitchen on the left and a huge partitioned bathroom and queen bed on the right.

It does appeal to us both very much.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Andrew Blue Knight

You can take out RAC cover for motorhomes independent of C&MC, we took it out with a RAC guy at one of the shows a few years ago no limit's weight height or length, the buggers put the price up every year by an extortionate amount so you have to call them.

Not sure about the IVECO chassis cover TBH, that could be a question at handover(y)

Martin

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I think Concorde and Morelo are very much the same but personally I think the interior of the Concorde is more stylish. I don’t like the angular style in the Morelo interior - I prefer the curved profiles in the Concorde and other styling details. However, I think Morelo has better exterior styling.

I think I'm similar minded to you in terms of liking the real fresh exterior of the Morelo and the more curvy internal profile of the Concorde, or at least the 890RRL version.

Caveat: Sadly, my experience is based on a whole load of photographs and only one visit to Premium MoHo's so it could change.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Nicky and I looked at the layout (via the internet only) and in principle it looks to have a very usable and practical living space; i.e. with a seperate lounge and kitchen on the left and a huge partitioned bathroom and queen bed on the right.

It does appeal to us both very much.
Hopefully you will be able to see that layout or the 790RL at Niesmann Caravanning or the Concorde factory, If you park at MORELO you can just nip up to Concorde on your scooter,:reel: oops sorry;)(y)

Martin

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Andrew Blue Knight

You can take out RAC cover for motorhomes independent of C&MC, we took it out with a RAC guy at one of the shows a few years ago no limit's weight height or length, the buggers put the price up every year by an extortionate amount so you have to call them.

Not sure about the IVECO chassis cover TBH, that could be a question at handover(y)

Martin

Thankyou sir. I'll need to check out the Iveco warranty status as I need completion :giggle:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Phoenix are still using the interior wood finish that N+B stopped using about 13 years ago, nice vans but Mrs Funflair didn't like the Compressor fridge and having the standard IVECO dashboard makes them look rather dated, big garage though(y)

Martin
Phoenix must be very popular as they were building a large factory extension when we went past in November

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think I'm similar minded to you in terms of liking the real fresh exterior of the Morelo and the more curvy internal profile of the Concorde, or at least the 890RRL version.

Caveat: Sadly, my experience is based on a whole load of photographs and only one visit to Premium MoHo's so it could change.
Now you know why it took us so many years Andrew;)

Martin

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hopefully you will be able to see that layout or the 790RL at Niesmann Caravanning or the Concorde factory, If you park at MORELO you can just nip up to Concorde on your scooter,:reel: oops sorry;)(y)

Martin

Stop that now, Martin, lol. She's getting a skateboard and a set of Aldi trainers. ::bigsmile:

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004

2. ADAC will not recover vans over 3.2m high (and Morelo vans are either 3.32m, 3.41m, 3.49m, 3.72m or 3.76m).

4. RAC Arrival will cover all Morelo heights and lengths but I would need to rejoin C&MC (we let our membership expire just 3-months ago, damn).

Does this mean that all Morelo/Concorde owners hold NFU insurance but have an RAC Arrival policy by the C&MC too.

That said, does Iveco also run a similiar 3-year long pan-Euro breakdown & repair warranty like the Fiat system and therefore this negates the need for seperate recovery insurance?

Thanks all,

Andrew

P.S. If the AA does cover sub 9m vans then what is it's height restriction if any?
Yes IVECO provide three year roadside assistance and I think you can extend it. Never had to use it

I also think ADAC wouldn’t be too fussed over a few centimetres taller. Will they come with a measuring stick?

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Yes IVECO provide three year roadside assistance and I think you can extend it. Never had to use it

I also think ADAC wouldn’t be too fussed over a few centimetres taller. Will they come with a measuring stick?

You're a star (y) Thankyou

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

Thanks all,

Andrew

To be clear, just because RAC have no limit on length and height there is an issue with recovering a vehicle over 3.5 metres. (and remember its not the factory height of the roof its with all the crap up there unless you want that left under bridge in Europe!) The low loaders cannot take them because of the bridge heights which turns the trip into a convoy exceptional with all its associated police and support costs. So recovery would be on its own wheels.
Michael

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

They might just put it on a 0.8m low loader and then if they skim the roof on a 4m bridge they will blame you ;) with our Flair I would have been happy to let down the rear air and even take off the sat dish if need but Mrs funflair is a worrier.

Martin

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Really enjoying this thread and certainly along for the ride Andrew. Though I'm not yet at a point of being able to purchase in this league, never say never....

I also admire the restraint that you all seem to show, I'm more of a whirlwind! Don't get me wrong I love to research but I'm also the salesman's dream in getting focused on the shiny bits a bit like Gollum 'my precious ring':giggle: Much to my dear wife's dismay, I went to 'just look' at a N&B Arto 76E last weekend and we collect it next weekend:LOL:

Enjoy Andrew and I know you will keep us well informed(y)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Really enjoying this thread and certainly along for the ride Andrew. Though I'm not yet at a point of being able to purchase in this league, never say never....

I also admire the restraint that you all seem to show, I'm more of a whirlwind! Don't get me wrong I love to research but I'm also the salesman's dream in getting focused on the shiny bits a bit like Gollum 'my precious ring':giggle: Much to my dear wife's dismay, I went to 'just look' at a N&B Arto 76E last weekend and we collect it next weekend:LOL:

Maybe her dismay is that you bought the Arto model with two single beds. ;) :giggle:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
This is a very interesting topic for sure.

I'm signing off for a few minutes now as the posts are coming so quickly that for a newbie like me it's quite tough going.

More coffee please!!
I know it's hard work but without the salary (n)

Martin

You mad impetuous fool you, ENJOY.

Martin

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
You mad impetuous fool you, ENJOY.

Martin

I'm blaming our very own Robert Clark after proving me with his very honest opinion on his own N&B Arto :LOL:
Incidentally, finding the resources over on the N&B owners forum very useful, so a big thank you to you Martin(y)

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
To be clear, just because RAC have no limit on length and height there is an issue with recovering a vehicle over 3.5 metres. (and remember its not the factory height of the roof its with all the crap up there unless you want that left under bridge in Europe!) The low loaders cannot take them because of the bridge heights which turns the trip into a convoy exceptional with all its associated police and support costs. So recovery would be on its own wheels.
Michael

I bet you don't ever want to go through that process Micahel. It's sounds like a nightmare to me.

Your point about the 3.5m limit, before a low-loaders height is applied, has just made me realise that every Morelo (even the Home at 3.32m) is always going to be over the 3.5m mark if you add the sat & hab aircon packages. The Empire would go to almost 4m-straight. Wow!!

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Hi Andrew Blue Knight

Martin

That's interesting Martin. We joined the club as we were told the RAC Arrival cover for our size and weight of motorhome was only available through them. I think I'll cancel my subscription as we have no interest in the club other than for that purpose.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp

Lovely words indeed (y)

In all honesty I think the Arto range, especially the single rear axle models, are some of the most stunning looking MoHo's on the road today.

The Morelo and Arto may be slightly different price points but Nicky and I will be looking at both to make sure that we get the best 'space v practicality v cost' deal possible. You can see from this thread that in some ways the purchase and ownership of the big vans can be a right pain in the arse.

We viewed the 8.25m long Morelo Home 82LS at Premium MoHo's the other day, as part of its 3-van Morelo collection and the inside looked cramped and rather uninspiring and, to me personally, I could see no reason why someone would spend so much money on that particular model besides "look at what we've spent".

I don't wish to offend anyone but the Morelo in that particular guise was a complete waste of money IMO. I'm being as honest and critical as possible here since it's imperative that both Nicky and I maintain a well balanced view on things.

IMO, (and I'm founding this view entirely on my newbie status); if someone wants to move from an Arto or Frankia Platin to a Morelo/Concorde then I see no point in doing it unless you want the top end vans with the size to go with it.

Some people may think I'm being a bit controversial here but the likes of the Arto range, Frankia, cheaper Morelos all seem to merge together in terms of what they can potentially offer an owner.

One thing is for certain though, an Arto 76E is a wonderful bit of kit and I'll be looking at them too.

All the best,

Andrew

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Lovely words indeed (y)

In all honesty I think the Arto range, especially the single rear axle models, are some of the most stunning looking MoHo's on the road today.

The Morelo and Arto may be slightly different price points but Nicky and I will be looking at both to make sure that we get the best 'space v practicality v cost' deal possible. You can see from this thread that in some ways the purchase and ownership of the big vans can be a right pain in the arse.

We viewed the 8.25m long Morelo Home 82LS at Premium MoHo's the other day, as part of its 3-van Morelo collection and the inside looked cramped and rather uninspiring and, to me personally, I could see no reason why someone would spend so much money on that particular model besides "look at what we've spent".

I don't wish to offend anyone but the Morelo in that particular guise was a complete waste of money IMO. I'm being as honest and critical as possible here since it's imperative that both Nicky and I maintain a well balanced view on things.

IMO, (and I'm founding this view entirely on my newbie status); if someone wants to move from an Arto or Frankia Platin to a Morelo/Concorde then I see no point in doing it unless you want the top end vans with the size to go with it.

Some people may think I'm being a bit controversial here but the likes of the Arto range, Frankia, cheaper Morelos all seem to merge together in terms of what they can potentially offer an owner.

One thing is for certain though, an Arto 76E is a wonderful bit of kit and I'll be looking at them too.

All the best,

Andrew

We had two Artos prior to buying our Concorde Charisma. Like you, we think that the N&B motorhomes are extremely stylish. The difference in price points is significant though - I wouldn't call it slight.

There were a lot of factors which we took into account... some of our reasons for changing to a Concorde were as follows...

- large fresh, grey and black tanks and a large gas tank. This suits our style of travelling as we don't stay on sites at all if we can avoid it.

- rear wheel drive, something we wouldn't do without again

- fantastic winterisation (down to -30c)

- better use of internal space with the whole of the dashboard being moved close to the windscreen

There are a lot of other reasons for our choice but I think the above and some of the main ones.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Andrew

I will certainly agree that the Arto is a stunning looking van, the Flair also but then you are into the size and price territory where you have other options as well, the Home is a nice van but the chassis is the lightweight and it is built to be the entry level MORELO so it would be rude to not look further into the range then where do you stop as the van has to still be useable for what you want to do, and that is where we are all different.

Martin

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
They might just put it on a 0.8m low loader and then if they skim the roof on a 4m bridge they will blame you ;) with our Flair I would have been happy to let down the rear air and even take off the sat dish if need but Mrs funflair is a worrier.

Martin
Agreed, I would let down the air suspension all round and possibly take the air out of the tires !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back