MORELO bound (again) (5 Viewers)

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I find the aguti seats uncomfortable, normal coachbuilt seats I find more comfortable 🤷‍♂️ I think a Frankia type rear lounge set up would suit us down to ground, all the comfort complete with a garage, and no one can drive it off whilst you’re sleeping😉😁😁😁
But not a garage tall enough for a motorbike.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Pleased you tried it, can you now take a Volkner with a Volvo pusher and I shift out for a spin and report back to us please 😇😎😆
Not if I have to open my wallet first, we would fails the test gig time.
would you have a rear lounge layout ? It’s not for me but someone must love them.
Looks like a nice sociable area with the lounge and big kitchen space and the standard cab has it’s merits but NO too many other compromises.
Yes, I struggle with seeing the benefit of rear lounges.
I cant get over sacrificing the best seats in the house (the Captain’s chairs) for what are, essentially, bench seats. 🤷‍♂️

Ian
As above.
Do you still get a garage that can take a decent size motorbike ?
No not really😏 that’s just one of the compromises.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
interesting exercise though that had to be done.
I'm glad you got it out of your system Martin. ;) My only experience of Euro Cargos, has been with 7.5 tonners, which weren't as nice to drive as the MAN or Mercedes equivalents. 🤷‍♂️

I like the idea of the luxurious rear lounge, with the twin beds over the cab, without having to drop them down. (y) SWMBO wouldn't be happy with that though. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
So today was the day, an appointment with a bank balance busting Loft Liner on 4 cylinder Eurocargo, sorry WESTY66 ours won’t be on the market anytime soon 🤔 Jen did say I could have one if I wanted 👍 but she wasn’t coming with me🤔 might as well take up Jim ’s suggestion and go PVC if that happens.

I know jongood and Dutch 68 amongst others were not convinced about the Eurocargo so now is you chance to say “told you so”😃 compared to our Palace on the Daily chassis it was certainly “agricultural” I know this had more torque but our Daily feels a lot more sporty and sprints through the 8 speed box like a knife through butter, the ride on the Eurocargo was not as composed as ours with full air and active damping, interesting exercise though that had to be done.
Yep, exactly how I described it when I drove one about 3 years ago. It also seemed very loud. The only advantage over the Merc was the ability to spec the removable steering wheel with the Ivecos’ which is not available on the Merc. However, I later found that the automatic retraction of the Merc wheel creates enough space to turn the driver seat freely. I see that Morelo have now dropped the Iveco option in the Palace range, only Merc option from this year.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Have not removed my steering wheel for about 18-24 months now as I find I can just about spin the drivers seat around without moving its position. 😁
You mean you’ve forgot how to take it off🤷‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Have not removed my steering wheel for about 18-24 months now as I find I can just about spin the drivers seat around without moving its position. 😁
Take ours off after every trip Mark. Where we come from you trust no one and I live by that. We were on a remote-ish Scottish RSPB site today with just 3 other cars in the carpark and the dislock was put on the steering wheel, and that was just the car. 😂😂

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Ah spent all my time on my knees with my Harley putting bits back on but still enjoyed riding it like Carl Rayborn and it was an electra glide.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Mmm, can’t say I noticed Steve, have had the odd time lately where I turn it off and on with the wheel buttons but not as before where I had to stop and turn the engine off and on again🤔🤔
Mine does it without cruise control even activated Mark, so can eliminate that as far as mine is concerned 🤷‍♂️

Dec 3, 2021
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace 90M
Exp
Since 2020
Into park, switch off, steering wheel off and then jacks down, everytime ;)
Personally, I always prefer jacks down and satellite up, before wheel off…..but we all have our own little routines!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• Back