MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (15 Viewers)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Drove past it today on the long detour to avoid toll roads .. done a fair bit of miles today but we are now in thermoplye, its been 29° today so quite warm in the van...but as we arrived at thermoplye a big thunder storm started with torrential rain. So that's been an experience, sat in a deep pool at 39° water while getting a cold torrential shower ... it was actually lovely . Surprisingly a lot of campers here considering it's been so warm. I wouldn't have thought the thermal baths would be so popular in the warmer weather.

I think that is Tam's second bath this year.:giggle:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
These hot pools are a godsend really ...
20240502_170209.jpg
20240502_184455.jpg
20240503_082756.jpg
20240503_082802.jpg
20240503_082809.jpg
20240503_082814.jpg
20240503_082826.jpg
20240503_092039.jpg
20240503_092041.jpg

Cannae beat a frappe!
20240503_102335.jpg

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So we are now back in the peloponnese. Just crossed the corinth canal which now seems to be open finally .

Parked up in corinth to have lunch .

So a few things .

1) the straydog fund has now been depleted, if anyone wishes to help feed the Greek strays it's much appreciated.

2) with regards to my own dogs do you think I should take blu back to see her mamma....yes or no? I'm undecided.

3 ) also regarding blu , I can't decide whether to go to the vet I used in corinth and ask about the titre test , see if she would be willing to maybe send the results on to the vet I used for ela in kyparissia. ..that way I wouldn't have to wait around here for weeks. And the test would then be done and out the way. My only worry being that blu having had only one rabies shot would maybe not have enough antibodies to pass the test. Its a big gamble considering the fee... of course by rights if the rabies vaccines don't provide enough antibodies you do have to wonder whats the point.

Other dog owners , how many shots had your dog had before a titre was done?

Jade and milo had both had 3 shots and passed titre first time. Ela had only had one and she failed it the first time.

I just don't want to waste €160 if I can help it.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Happy to donate a few more pennies to the fund will do that later.

For what my thoughts are worth I would not take blu back to her birth place until she’s been with you for a while more yet. You don’t want her getting confused about where she belongs.

The titre test, our spaniel was good after his first jab.
I would choose the most reliable vet in the most convenient place. I know that doesn’t help!🤭

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
You used to have to have a titre test in the UK but they did away with it, I have always presumed that was because the jabs have such a high successes rate and therefore presume you were very unlucky with Ela. That said, when I took my first two dogs for their rabies jabs the vet asked if I wanted them doing again in a couple of weeks time as sometimes a single jab isn't sufficient! Confused by this I asked what she would do and her response was "Well I wouldn't want my dog getting rabies" so I had them done twice but never had titre tests done on them as never a need.

I think in your position I would get Blu done again, ASAP, then head somewhere you are happy to have the test done and wait for the results, or will be passing again in the 3 weeks or whatever it takes.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Agree with Phill D all our pups over the years have had 1 jab then the titre test and we'll do the same with wee Hector in a couple of weeks time, also I reckon your vet would have no issues forwarding on your titre test results to the other vet, remember I told you when I was last travelling to Turkey I got Iggy & Bleu titre tested up near Venice and had the results by email within 5 days, I wasn't even down as far as Bari when they came through and I just took it all to a vet near Bari Port and she logged it all into the pet passports for about 20€ then we just continued on to Turkey a couple of weeks later, so it can be done easily enough, as regards going back to Blus mum etc I wouldn't risk it, dogs have long memories, a lot longer than people might think, I know it's very tempting but personally I'd swerve it 🙂

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Happy to donate a few more pennies to the fund will do that later.

For what my thoughts are worth I would not take blu back to her birth place until she’s been with you for a while more yet. You don’t want her getting confused about where she belongs.

The titre test, our spaniel was good after his first jab.
I would choose the most reliable vet in the most convenient place. I know that doesn’t help!🤭
You used to have to have a titre test in the UK but they did away with it, I have always presumed that was because the jabs have such a high successes rate and therefore presume you were very unlucky with Ela. That said, when I took my first two dogs for their rabies jabs the vet asked if I wanted them doing again in a couple of weeks time as sometimes a single jab isn't sufficient! Confused by this I asked what she would do and her response was "Well I wouldn't want my dog getting rabies" so I had them done twice but never had titre tests done on them as never a need.

I think in your position I would get Blu done again, ASAP, then head somewhere you are happy to have the test done and wait for the results, or will be passing again in the 3 weeks or whatever it takes.
Agree with Phill D all our pups over the years have had 1 jab then the titre test and we'll do the same with wee Hector in a couple of weeks time, also I reckon your vet would have no issues forwarding on your titre test results to the other vet, remember I told you when I was last travelling to Turkey I got Iggy & Bleu titre tested up near Venice and had the results by email within 5 days, I wasn't even down as far as Bari when they came through and I just took it all to a vet near Bari Port and she logged it all into the pet passports for about 20€ then we just continued on to Turkey a couple of weeks later, so it can be done easily enough, as regards going back to Blus mum etc I wouldn't risk it, dogs have long memories, a lot longer than people might think, I know it's very tempting but personally I'd swerve it 🙂
OK dokey well I think I've missed the vet in corinth as I forgot it was Saturday and they're now closed till Monday. But I think I might just get the titre test done somewhere here in Greece as it would save any hassles next winter the peloponnese isn't that big really so maybe somewhere like kalamata would be a good idea or kyparissia as I can spend 3 weeks and travel back to either of those places without it taking a long time or using lots of diesel etc. And then it would all be sorted.

It was just an idea about taking blu back but probably not a good one ... I'm probably going to skip the east side of that peninsula and head over to nafplion side

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back