MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (20 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Not having a good start . Sat nav took me off m6 near Manchester trying to head to @chasers...

Fuel light came on ...had to come off at Cheadle... entered low emission zone. Found a Morrissons got Fuel drove out the station and I've got a bloody puncture so I'm now sat in a tesco trying to inflate the tyre so I can drive to a tyre place , still in the low emissions zone so need to figure out how to sort that and a bloody tyre

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm here
Screenshot_20231114_120253_park4night.jpg

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I think greater Manchester has postponed lez for now.

Not sure why you're in cheadle, you should have stayed on M6 to jtn 16 A500
There will be tyre places near to you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just been to national tyres and kwik fit both refuse to look at it. Every excuse under the sun from tyres having Tyrone bands ( they dont) to not having torque settings etc . I'm fecking stuck
Have you got a spare, if you can get here, son in law has a tyre place in Blyth bridge, he will fix you up.
Screenshot_20231114-123354.png

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's a bit of a cross country trek from where you are to chasers. Macclesfield then Leek, Cheddleton then pick up A50 at Blythe Bridge.
Going back to the M6 may not be any quicker ?
Good luck getting tyre sorted šŸ‘
That's the way we do Manchester airport, going, then m6 back again.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What a stressful morning it's been . I'll give more details later on as I've just parked up to have some lunch and a coffee to calm my nerves . I'm currently at that wee lake at Redmore. Tyre fixed it was the valve that was leaking which is very strange . Now paranoid again when I'm driving .

Going to have some lunch then I'll check the distance from here to @chasers and see if it's feasible

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
What a stressful morning it's been . I'll give more details later on as I've just parked up to have some lunch and a coffee to calm my nerves . I'm currently at that wee lake at Redmore. Tyre fixed it was the valve that was leaking which is very strange . Now paranoid again when I'm driving .

Going to have some lunch then I'll check the distance from here to @chasers and see if it's feasible
Hour and a half, two at most.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I hope if he changed the complete valve he put a high pressure one in.
He just replaced the valve with the Same type as before. None of mine have steel valves on this .

To be honest though he was the only garage out of 5 I went to that would even have a look. More on that later as I'll be leaving appropriate reviews for Halford, quick fit, national tyres and the other garage I can't remember name of right now who all turned me away without even looking at it . Barstewards

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Yeah it says an hour from here so that should be OK.
It would be good for peace of mind if chaser SIL could check all your tyres for you.
Hopefully get Anny problems sorted before you leave.
I'm sure it will turn out well just need time for your head to stop spinning.
Best wishes for your new travels and I'm very much looking forward to virtually coming on your journey.

Jul 30, 2019
Wirral Peninsula, Wirral, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 2018
I think they have delayed LEZ for greater Manchester so, tyre sorted, enjoy your lunch with the pooches relax then not far to Chasers where you can download about today and enjoy someone cooking for you. Your not getting out of this on the first hurdle we are all waiting for OUR next adventure. Safe travels Tam.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
He just replaced the valve with the Same type as before. None of mine have steel valves on this .

To be honest though he was the only garage out of 5 I went to that would even have a look. More on that later as I'll be leaving appropriate reviews for Halford, quick fit, national tyres and the other garage I can't remember name of right now who all turned me away without even looking at it . Barstewards
I now hate all those big name garages you mention. 2 weeks ago I was driving down to Edinburgh when my exhaust burst near Kinross. Left it till the (Saturday) morning and started phoning around. Halfords, kwik Fit and some other big garage were completely useless.

Even getting through on their phone system was an arse.

None would look at it, no ramps, against policy blah blah.

Phoned a small independent in Lasswade. 3 minute drive from where I was. They took the reg, ordered the part, phoned me back to say come round at 10 when the part will arrive and they will double check it's right.

I arrived, wrong part but their welder reckoned he'd manage it. They took it right in and I went to find a cafe. 2 hours later it was ready. Ā£120 for a Saturday morning? Can't grumble.

Sheriff Motors in Lasswade, Edinburgh if anyone is interested.

I'll never use the big names again.

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
I donā€™t know that film but it was where Colin Firth as Mr Darcy came out of the lake with a wet shirt on!
No , that was Lyme Park, at least the lake and external shots.

Think Chatsworth was the internal shots, as Lyme is much older on the inside than the exterior.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Tam we havenā€™t met but I feel your pain, (been there)
I also admire your spirit, optimism and your bravery in ā€œjust GOING for itā€..
Fabulous mate..
Good luck and remember, good people meet good people, so you will be brilliant !!
All the VERY best.
Mitch.
PS. Off to Morocco for Winter in 26 days and
will watch your progress from there.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
He was talking about Wednesday but not sure if he will make it, Ferry is Friday morning I think.

I was just having images of him stopping on your drive, he would need crampons to walk in the van on your drive, not saying it's steep. :rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back