MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (94 Viewers)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
So how would Tam or indeed ourselves become Greek residents? When I looked it up there was a €350k investment in property required.
Not sure how she did it but Offagain became a Greek resident as they were sailing around Greece in their Yacht and they got Greek residency.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
No pictures yesterday I'm afraid, we didn't move or do much as it rained all day. I did give the camper a bit of a wash in the rain as it was filthy . Sun is out this morning so hopefully a nicer day. Need to do my first supermarket shop in georgia this morning.. hopefully I can buy pork 😋 and then I plan to go to a thermal bath about 2 hours north east of batumi. Will see how that goes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Aye Tam as others have said you need to get a residency somewhere if you want stress free travelling and freedom to do your own thing, and there seems to be other funsters who have successfully done it so might be worth looking into now while you've a few quid about you....

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Has it been a while since you had a bath Tam? 🤔 Make the most of it. Looking forward to your next set of photos pal.
Er ... What 'type' of photos are you expecting to see???? 😳

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Aye Tam as others have said you need to get a residency somewhere if you want stress free travelling and freedom to do your own thing, and there seems to be other funsters who have successfully done it so might be worth looking into now while you've a few quid about you....
I've looked at a few countries, to say it's confusing is an understatement!
When they refer to income, this can often be offset by money in the bank, so 25k a year could be 15k pension and 10+k in the bank. You need an address in a lot of countries, property owned or rented. Some countries you need to be in for 10 months of the year, after a while it does my head in and I go back to hoping someone else will go on the journey and take us with them!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Has it been a while since you had a bath Tam? 🤔 Make the most of it. Looking forward to your next set of photos pal.
It has yes...last one was in Thermoplye Greece in January, so I enjoyed a lovely 2 hour soak here in vani thermal pools...lovely 42° water it's just perfect.
I'm now like a prune. I had to come out though as its now raining quite heavy.

I didn't get any photos as I was in the water but I'll take some of the pools etc tomorrow.

Jaron had his drone up though so I'll get a copy of his photos. It's quite a busy place... we had 7 nationalities in there at one point , Scottish, Belgian, Dutch, German, Polish, georgian and Russian

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Morning Tam 🙂
That's me leaving Morocco & should be back in Donegal for a hopefully sunny Easter weekend🤔
20240324_084337.jpg
Screenshot_20240324-090524_Chrome.jpg

:rofl:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam

Did that camper in photo #4, which looked bogged, get out without help?

Geoff
Nah it wasn't a camper just a local numpty who was trying to show off in the dark the other night...he ended up bogged down and spent 10 minutes revving it like a headcase getting more and more stuck. A lot of younger guys come here at night to party in the pools.

It finally got towed out yesterday by 2 Russians in another 4x4 .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back