Mirror Guards v Milenco Guards (1 Viewer)

D

Dafydd 2

Deleted User
I could do with some advice please regarding the above two variants of mirror guards for my Ducato X290. There is quite a price differential between the two products and am unsure of how they compare. Thanks in advance.

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
I could do with some advice please regarding the above two variants of mirror guards for my Ducato X290. There is quite a price differential between the two products and am unsure of how they compare. Thanks in advance.

In my opinion, mirror guard are pricier for a good reason. They do work and very well. Saved me twice, one of which was a combined 60mph clash. Mirrors intact as was the housing and mirror guard.

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Mirror guards here to
Wouldnt be without them
DSC_0258.JPG

Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
Had mirror guards on previous vehicle. Dealer fitted Milenco on present vehicle and they seem inferior to the mirror guards but fortunately so far have managed to avoid them being tested. I'm not sure that they are much more than a cosmetic improvement.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John&Kate

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Sept 2015
Mirror Guards for us.

Nice snug fit.

We lost one driving out of Calais last year, Im sure they were Milenco. Replaced for the a Mirror guards bought them at the NEC last year, and am very happy with them. They look the part too.

IMAG0449.jpg

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
I don't think Mirror Gaurds live up to their advertising,I clipped mirrors with another van and have now got a cracked guard and a broken mirror.Also trying to contact them byE Mail is impossible ,I eventually got through on the phone to be offered a replacement at full cost.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
If you ever go to a show where the Mirror Guard bloke is selling, he has a milenco guard with him to show the difference. I have Unfortunately functionally tested my Mirror Guards:rolleyes: and can vouch for them as good quality and well worth the money. (y)
IMG_0800.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Melvin Mirror Guards may help reduce or even prevent damage being done to your MH mirror but there is no guarantee as such so, whilst unfortunate, the company have no obligation to offer you a replacement FOC or at a reduced price, it would be good, though, if they offered the option to buy a single guard for one that has been damaged.

As for the Milenco ones, they are, in effect, cosmetic covers that may give a little protection but certainly nothing like the quality of the original Mirror Guards, hence the price difference.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
I've not seen the millenco ones , but I have a pair of the genuine mirror guards and can say they are very well made :)

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
Mirror guards here too..

When I saw the difference between the Milenco ones and the Mirror Guards at one of the Rallies we attended it was clear why one cost £100, and the other £59.

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Good thread!
Where is the best place to order them, for a Fiat ducato?

I think its a good idea, especially going down the narrow Cornish lanes where the wing mirrors clip both sides of the lane!

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Does anyone know of a mirror that would fit a ducato mirror when it is folded in. its just to give a partial rear view ie: In narrow lanes etc.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Our local camper dealer sells the Milenco ones. He tried to sell me a pair last year and I took him out to show him the Mirror Guard ones I have on, he was surprised at that difference and for once agreed his product wasn't the best available

Last edited:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I've seen the difference too and I'd go with mirror guards every time. Have them on now but don't want them tested thank you very much.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Does anyone know of a mirror that would fit a ducato mirror when it is folded in. its just to give a partial rear view ie: In narrow lanes etc.
That's a good idea, but I don't think there's an actual product in the market that you can just buy specifically for the purpose, you could of course stick some small mirrors on the edge above/below the indicator.

To be honest though if it was such a narrow lane that I needed to fold in the mirrors I'd be more concerned about going forward, although I can see the benefit for anyone who has a narrow drive that has to fold mirrors in to back up, it would be useful then.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Stick on mirrors:

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Mirror guards for me, imo much better quality, been using for 3 yrs now had one incident in the Dolamites couple of years ago, I won

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Just so happens that i have a pair of original mirror guards in white for a long arm mirror removed from my X250 , not sure if the X290 is the same mirror but drop me a PM if there of interest to you.
Nigel

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Good thread!

I think its a good idea, especially going down the narrow Cornish lanes where the wing mirrors clip both sides of the lane!
There's only one place to buy genuine mirror guards
www.mirrorguard.co.uk

John&Kate

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Sept 2015
If you buy them at any of the shows they are "slightly" cheaper by not paying for the postage.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Had some on my last van, been meaning to buy some prior to us going up to the Nc500 in summer.
Saw this thread, it reminded me and have ordered some today!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I've got a pair of barely used silver ones for short arm x250 mirrors, genuine Mirrorguard ones ... PM me if interested.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Good thread!

http://www.mirrorguard.co.uk as already posted.

The thing I wanted to add is that he is a one man band and I'm not even sure if he does it full time so don't expect to order at 5pm and get delivery the next day.

I'm sure you wouldn't do that but we had someone on here a while ago ranting about him because delivery took longer than 10 minutes so I thought I'd mention it. (y)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Bucking the trend here :D2
I've got the Milenco ones because I'm a cheapskate! I don't doubt that Mirrorguard are better quality but Oooo the price difference!
What I did with my Milenco ones was to improve the shock absorbency (which is the main difference between the two) by adding thin-ish foam to the moulds prior to fitting them on. The Milenco ones have lamentably poor shock qualities. They just have a small felt pad inside!
Can't really tell which make they are at a distance unless you forensically examine them up-close. They look good though. Have had them for a few years now with no prob's.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Bucking the trend here :D2
I've got the Milenco ones because I'm a cheapskate! I don't doubt that Mirrorguard are better quality but Oooo the price difference!
What I did with my Milenco ones was to improve the shock absorbency (which is the main difference between the two) by adding thin-ish foam to the moulds prior to fitting them on. The Milenco ones have lamentably poor shock qualities. They just have a small felt pad inside!
Can't really tell which make they are at a distance unless you forensically examine them up-close. They look good though. Have had them for a few years now with no prob's.
Ditto, added extra padding to the Milenco. They seem OK to me otherwise, and they are half the price. Time will tell I suppose, but I'm not about to chop them out now.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
How do you know if your mirrors are short, medium or long?
You could try posting a photo of your MH/camper so we can have a shuftie.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Ditto, added extra padding to the Milenco. They seem OK to me otherwise, and they are half the price. Time will tell I suppose, but I'm not about to chop them out now.
Another one bucking the trend here - I've also find the Milenco covers satisfactory, and have purchased a second set. I left the original white long-arm ones on our coachbuilt when we changed to a pvc with short arms.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back