Mercedes vario 814 self build bus to FLT palace (5 Viewers)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Im using the same 2 bits i started with ...1 3mm and one 7.5mm
You could've done it a lot quicker if, instead of drilling a small hole then swapping the bit each time for the big one to make the hole larger, then back to the small one etc, you'd drilled all the smaller holes first, one after another, then changed the bit for the larger one and drilled them again, one after another, that way you'd have had it all done by now! :LOL:

Deleted User
You could've done it a lot quicker if, instead of drilling a small hole then swapping the bit each time for the big one to make the hole larger, then back to the small one etc, you'd drilled all the smaller holes first, one after another, then changed the bit for the larger one and drilled them again, one after another, that way you'd have had it all done by now! :LOL:
How do you know he didn't :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I did do that

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
<Broken link removed>
Bit over you budget Tam but loads of van for the money. 2.9 engine too.

Cheers James

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What with all the plating up the windows, have you thought about and organised fire exits… I’m thinking of the dags of course….😉 🤔
Ill be fitting a couple of seitz style windows the dogs will fit through to fetch help... I won't get my fat ass through them though

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
A wee van tour of Isambard ....one of my favourite vario conversions. I chat with john a lot online as his van was in a similar state to mine when he started. I got a wee mention in this video as im hoping to take my completed vario to this show next year before heading to europe with it .... fingers crossed.

Norfolk Nige

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 4, 2021
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Wiensberg
Exp
Caravanning since 1980, saw the light in 2020
A wee van tour of Isambard ....one of my favourite vario conversions. I chat with john a lot online as his van was in a similar state to mine when he started. I got a wee mention in this video as im hoping to take my completed vario to this show next year before heading to europe with it .... fingers crossed.

r

I love the way the subtitles can’t translate his accent. “All the Varios “ comes out as Olivarios, and Sam, he loves the welding you are doing😂

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
They have me reconsidering my paintjob now 😉

I quite like this topographic wrap.

1632131689588.png

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
They've got Isambard looking great. That burner/oven thing is cool and I reckon if I was doing a vario the layout would be pretty much exactly the same as theirs. Really nice looking interior.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Interested in this one ...the paintwork needs attention obviously but for a conversion done with a caravan it looks pretty well done to be honest and has everything i need in it. Problem as usual is its miles away for viewing ...but for that price it seems good ...mot history looks ok too.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans...ampaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Could someone nearby have a look at it first for you maybe?
I did wonder that but ive spoke to the guy on the phone and it sounds not bad ...well what i could decipher from the strong Yorkshire accent lol. Hes had it 8 years and now bought a motorhome. Its not failed an mot since 2010 which is good ..he says everything works in it and only issue is the diesel runs back to the tank on it at times but once started alls good ...i was for once willing to offer the full asking price but he surprisingly said " oh ill take a bit less " so we've agreed on £3k ....i can get a train tomorrow to halifax for £66 so just need to get a quote for insurance now .

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
I did wonder that but ive spoke to the guy on the phone and it sounds not bad ...well what i could decipher from the strong Yorkshire accent lol. Hes had it 8 years and now bought a motorhome. Its not failed an mot since 2010 which is good ..he says everything works in it and only issue is the diesel runs back to the tank on it at times but once started alls good ...i was for once willing to offer the full asking price but he surprisingly said " oh ill take a bit less " so we've agreed on £3k ....i can get a train tomorrow to halifax for £66 so just need to get a quote for insurance now .
Sounds good. Fingers crossed for you it goes well

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Quoted £330 fully comp insurance with 365 days european cover and additional £95 full European break down cover for it too so that isn't too bad either.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam, the most history has the mileage in 2009 at 175000 be careful mate
Yeah i saw that ...im assuming that its had an engine or clocks change done when it was converted as he's had it 8 years and bought it as a camper. The more recent reports i would say were more important and it seems to be not to bad going by those. No serious issues in the last 10 years and passed them all

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
175000 miles isn’t really a lot on a Diesel engine these days. As long as oil and filters have been done regularly it should be fine. Let us know how you get on.
Ive asked him about the mileage and he doesn't know the details. He has the receipt from when he bought it from a dealer in 2014 that states the mileage at 72k. ....its possibly had an engine change or clock changed at some point..

The seller seems very genuine and ive had 2 conversations with him on the phone now so hopefully all is well. Its a cheap van in the current climate that will need a few jobs doing on it but happy to do that as long as it does what i need it for meanwhile. My traintickets booked for tomorrow and i have insurance in place just to activate if all is well when i get there..as always theres always the risk that sellers are full of shit etc but he seems genuine enough.

He wouldn't take a deposit as hes confident ill be happy with it and he knocked 500 quid off which covers my insurance and breakdown if i buy it so cant complain overall at present. Paintwork is probably the worst thing on it ss someone has painted the plastics without prepping them properly. Inside looks clean and tidy with a genuine ebersphacher diesel heater in it he said is only 2 years old and cost him £800 to have fitted.

Wasn't concerned about the mileage just fact it's showing a lower figure than 11 yrs ago.
Yeah i knew what you were saying ...id seen it myself and at first i did wonder but then i figured ithe last 10 years its had no issues and he says its never been welded etc and has a receipt from dealer with mileage at 72k in 2014 when he bought it and that checks out with the history from then till now ...at £3k i think it will probably be ok

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back