kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Was about to book our motorhome in for a service at S & B Thurrock , but after reading some of the reviews:( decided against it. So doe's anyone know of a good main dealer/ independent Mercedes garage in the essex/Kent area please.our van is 3 m high & 9 m long.T I A. Chris.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Ive used the mercedes truck place at colchester.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Sparshatts Sittingbourne. ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Sparshatts Sittingbourne. ?
Beware of the service inflation my cost quote went from £120 to £450 when THEY decided it was 18 month old and needed a B service not an A so added gearbox drain and flush Brake fluid flush and some other things. all done by a greasy rag not a technician at premium labour rates.. No thanks. Did it myself using genuine parts and oils. It was their Ashford depot that wanted that not the Sittingbourne one but the same ethos applies..

OP
OP
kip

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Beware of the service inflation my cost quote went from £120 to £450 when THEY decided it was 18 month old and needed a B service not an A so added gearbox drain and flush Brake fluid flush and some other things. all done by a greasy rag not a technician at premium labour rates.. No thanks. Did it myself using genuine parts and oils. It was their Ashford depot that wanted that not the Sittingbourne one but the same ethos applies..
Mmmmm,when I spoke to the guy on the phone they quoted me £145 +vat, they also said they would not carry out any additional work unless given the go ahead.Thanks GwayGway, I'll be staying with the van so will keep a check on things.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back