Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
.... what do you think to this.

Apple doesnt supply anything to do the job, this says it is okay. Is it worth the risk, or is there no real risk to the laptop.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
There are two different MagSafe plugs so you will need to make sure that it's the right one to fit your MacBook. It depends how old your MacBook is - more than about 3?? years or so and it will be the old shape.
There's something in Apple (and I suppose everyone else's) warranty terms about using non genuine products - if it does cause any problems your warranty won't be valid.
I'll be sticking with either the inverter or EHU to charge mine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I have a Kensington ultra portable power inverter 250 which I have used with my Acer laptop without any problems, 12v cigarette lighter connection and a three-pin socket. The added advantage is you can use it with any of your electrical items that have a mains plug. I think the newer models have a usb port as well.
tmp_327-20150419_2054301622048896.jpg

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Thanks all. I already have an investor which works fine for it. But following on from the "Generator" threads I was looking for something less power consuming. But I don't want to risk damaging the laptop. :eek:

Reactions: SMB
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Another vote for using a small invert, also this could be used to charge other devices.

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
I have a Lavolta 12v charger that I use with my Macbook Pro and it works great - us it in the car and also in the motorhome. I also have an adapter for it to connect it to a Macbook Aire that has the newer longer magsafe connector
Richard

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I've just ordered one to suit my 13" Macbook Pro .. will let you know when it arrives

@dippingatoe
Not available.. so maybe go down the PSW inverter route..

email from supplier...

Dear James

I write to inform You that at this particular moment the item You have ordered from us is not available at our warehouse.
This is due to an order management system error - the listing for this item was not supposed to be active and visible for our customers as there is not stock for this product.

I wish we could have determined this earlier, we are not proud of ourselves when things like that happen.

Full product refund was already issued Your account and I will make sure all of the listings are removed for this product but in case You will see this model as an available product on Amazon, please ignore it.

We also think that it is reasonable for us to compensate You for the time and effort You've spent shopping with us and an additional 1.99 GBP was transferred to Your account as a bonus.

Once again we are sorry that this purchase didn't go the way You have planned.

Should you have any other questions - don't hesitate and contact us straight away, we'll do our best to help you out!

__
Kind Regards,
Alex
Operations Manager

------------- End message -------------

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries