Aug

Rally Lyndon Top Meet August 10th - 13th August 2023 (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
're not centre

His phone number is
01302 215700
07709 010697
But he does close for an extended period in August when he's goes away home in his van

Nov 4, 2021
Barton-upon-Humber, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Thanks David for organising this, had a great time and really good to put faces to names (although most real names I’ve forgotten already 🤦🏼‍♂️) looking forward to another one
Andy & Jen

B598C13F-9CB5-41FA-A966-4A55E61E2504.jpeg

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We’ll just got home after a mixed weekend, meet up was great although I’m ashamed to say I missed Brian icantremember and Scout but pleased to say met up with some faces I knew and some I didn’t TheAleMan Jaws and finally met up with Holly's mum after only just realising she was Paul’s Two on Tour other half🤦‍♂️
Well done DavidG58 for organising it.
Only fly in the ointment was Mrs Westy coming off her bike 200yds into the ride🤷‍♂️ she will live to ride another day tho👍
One day Ade we shall get together :cheers: meanwhile I have to say I was impressed with your pitching skill without my assistance.:clap2:😀

Last edited:

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Scout - this is the New Forest campsite we’re soon to be visiting with family which I couldn’t remember the name of when you asked…

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We arrived home having passed through heavy rain and sunshine in varying amounts. We also passed a police car and its occupants talking to a chap next to the central reservation on the opposite carriageway of the A1 while another police car was holding the traffic back.
Thanks to David and Bev for organising the meet up and quiz.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 13, 2021
Knottingley, West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam TLine 740
Exp
I’m a newbie
Just home from our 1st meet, thank you DavidG58 and Bev for arranging and making us feel welcome. Was really good to meet new friends and thank you all for also making us feel welcome.
Hopefully will see you all again soon, take care everyone, Jane and Paul 😊

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Just two of us left on site now, but I need to leave today with a toilet issue , a few of you are aware and due to a couple too many too early yesterday maybe know too much :whistle2: I hope the detail is quickly forgotten 😁🤣

Stephen Langtoftlad i think I have your flipper from last night, don’t go frying eggs till replaced, it might be difficult, I could post it but suspect you can buy a new one for the same price as postage , but we will carry it till we meet next 👍

Talking of which , I have spoken to Susan the site manager, this area is free next year at same time , I could be tempted to do it all again 🤔👍

Great to see a few new faces , put real people behind the forum posts, mostly the real person is far less scary 😁

As they say, hopefully see you all in a field somewhere , maybe here next year, till then safe travels 👍

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks David, for putting the meet together, organising the fish and chips and doing it all so effortlessly 😁, we had a great time catching up.

Lastly, a big thanks to all the cake makers/providers 🎂👍

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Stephen @Langtoftlad i think I have your flipper from last night, don’t go frying eggs till replaced, it might be difficult, I could post it but suspect you can buy a new one for the same price as postage , but we will carry it till we meet next 👍
I suspect it's one of your 30
I can't imagine I brought mine over

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That's us back home, unpacked the van, more cucumbers picked ;) just the tanks to do tomorrow and then we will be looking for the next adventure, thanks David and Bev and all attendees for a lovely get together, great to meet some new names and had three nice cycle rides so all good.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
That's us back home, unpacked the van, more cucumbers picked ;) just the tanks to do tomorrow and then we will be looking for the next adventure, thanks David and Bev and all attendees for a lovely get together, great to meet some new names and had three nice cycle rides so all good.
Just about to tuck into one of your cucumbers Martin 👍 Great rally with great people. Hope this happens again next year. 😎

Thanks go to David & Bev for a fab meet up 👏👏
💪

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Talking of which , I have spoken to Susan the site manager, this area is free next year at same time , I could be tempted to do it all again 🤔👍
Oh, goody. Put me down for it. I'm really sorry to have missed this one, but until we get the new van, I am restricted to solo camping & I've already had my quota for this year. Should be at least semi-retired by then too. 😊👍

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
We’d like to think that we could make it next year, maybe Mrs Westy could stay upright on the bike next year🤷‍♂️
She buggered herself up this year with coming off resulting in road rash and snapped ligaments between the shoulders, that’s Düsseldorf in doubt🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We’d like to think that we could make it next year, maybe Mrs Westy could stay upright on the bike next year🤷‍♂️
She buggered herself up this year with coming off resulting in road rash and snapped ligaments between the shoulders, that’s Düsseldorf in doubt🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
I hope Val recovers soon, her arm looked very sore and snapped ligaments sounds very painful.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Sorry to hear of Mrs Westy’s injuries, hope she recovers well.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living

we didnt know this happened, and hope all goes well , If theres anything we can do to help shout up

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Oh flippin heck:( hoping for a quick recovery.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Wishing Mrs Westy a speedy recovery. Sounds really painful. 😕

Apr 11, 2016
Leicestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo i728g
Exp
I'm a newbie
Sorry for the delay in posting but have been a bit under the weather, the reason why we left on Saturday afternoon instead of Sunday.
Thank you David and Bev for a lovely time. We were made to feel very welcome by everyone and really enjoyed ourselves. Hope to see you all again in the future.
Sally and Terry ( and Rocket)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back