Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
Chausson Flash with a Ducato motor. One person left the keys on the table locked the side door whilst open and then closed it! How do we get back or is it just to call a locksmith? Motor cab was already locked. Sparer is also inside of course!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I did that not so long ago got my daughter ito post the 3rd key to us:)
Plastic windows easy to force without damage.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Any local Garage worth it's salt will have a Lock-Out-Kit
As John say AA RAC will assist with lock outs. But as Other half found out with her car they wont recover vehicles due to lost keys
She found hers in the boot once the car was open thankfully

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
She found hers in the boot once the car was open thankfully
I can beat that.....
I got called to a lock out lost keys at Goathland (heartbeats Aidensfield)
Walked round the car checking the doors and boot, picked up the keys off the wiper blade, opened the car
Some kind soul obviously saw the keys on the ground next to the car and put them on the wiper.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We'd been to lunch, a few of us from work. Going back to the car (Holden Belmont) we found the doors locked and the keys in the ignition. A mate spotted a Dry Cleaners so went over and fetched back a coathanger.
We were standing around trying to snag an door handle, this Maori kid about 10-13 years old, rolled up on his Rollerblades.

"Locked out mate ay boy? Give us $10 and I'll open the door"
"You're on cuz! break anything and them blades are mine!"

This kid kept thumping the car door just under the handle and flicking the door handle at the same time, slowly the door lock button inside the window started to rise, then the door opened!

We just looked at each other, laughed and gave the kid his well earned $10

Back at work we all agreed that the kid had one hell of a future at "Removing Cars" and if ever he moved into our street we'd either sleep in our cars or move!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Mother in law took the grand kids to a night event in central Bournemouth. On returning to the car found she had lost the keys. Rang me and I went to her house to get the spare set then drove the 10 miles to find her. The kids were all young ranging from 5 to 11 and getting cold, tired and irritable, so not a pleasant wait. When I got there, i could see the keys in the ignition and the sunroof open. I simply lifted the 5 year old in through the open roof and she opened the door. I got called a smart arse, but had they been observant they would of been home much earlier

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Not sure if this is an urban myth or not, but I was told this a week or so ago......

If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their mobile phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be thousands of miles away.

Anybody ever tried this?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Not sure if this is an urban myth or not, but I was told this a week or so ago......

If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their mobile phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be thousands of miles away.

Anybody ever tried this?
Doesn't work.. Its a digital radio signal, not an audio signal.

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
Half a tennis ball over the lock and push hard a few times make sure cut is airtight agains the door....works on most BMW’s so worth a try. Saw a BMW recovery technician do this when I locked my keys in my Z4 boot. Literally 2 minutes.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Small screw driver just under the door lock trim. It worked for the git that broke into this van that we saw in the spring.

View media item 22801

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back