Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 14, 2022
Norway
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs i7870
Exp
Since 2009
Oyster satellite with error: lnb fail (ed). Anyone know what this issue is? Have already check cable,it sends signal. Changed to new lnb,same error. New lnb is 0.3db, the system was loosing a few channels and sometimes hard to find satellite before this error. Now it doesn't find any ( Thor 0.8w)

OP
OP
Mtonheim
Oct 14, 2022
Norway
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs i7870
Exp
Since 2009
I did a new test with new cable direct from lnb to tuner box. Everything is ok now. So think I must get a new cable. When the rain stops😊😊 did get d6 error one time also,but now only ed error,with new cable no error. Oyster vision III,3.55-006

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Good afternoon Mtonheim

Apologies for the late response however I was away on Friday and this morning we have been at the NEC setting up for the caravan and motorhome show.

By the sounds of things you have worked out what the problem is however just to confirm that LNB error (ed) is a short circuit in either the internal coax cable or the main coax cable that runs from the underside of the unit down into the vehicle.
Unfortunately the only way to determine which one is faulty is to test continuity at each end of both of the cables.

If you are in the UK then you can contact us directly if you require some assistance on 01858575928 or if you are outside of the UK you can call 00497231585880 and speak to the service engineers at Ten-Haaft who are the manufacturers.

I hope this helps.

Oh and thanks to irnbru for the tag, much appreciated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mtonheim
Oct 14, 2022
Norway
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs i7870
Exp
Since 2009
Hi,and thanks 😊 i test it Friday with new cable,and no error shows up, so I'm going to ut a new cable all the way,and then I hope the problem is solved. Thank you again 😊👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back