Lincoln - Just an observation (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
i am intrigued.....how do you get a mobility scooter in a motorhome?
Either you have a trailer, a rack on the back, a garage, or one that comes to pieces to be stored inside ....

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
At the age of 16 my mum got me a 50cc Yamaha moped for going to work on. I thought it was great but remember the first time out on it I kept going round the block and mum shouting 'that's enough now' , my reply was yes mum but I don't know how to stop!!

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Right I'm going to come clean,it's as DuxDuluxe says it's about managing the risk!
Most motorhomes being old farts, as previously hinted at ( Paul) have weaknesses so I send out my two young kids 10 and 7 on their scooters with the dog( a street fighting Cockerpoo ) to clear a path and then enjoy the void be it a market ,show or seafront!
Always works!

Vlad
our cockapoo is a cage fighter, with 21 undefeated bouts, beware all motorhomers for we may be at a show near you
image.jpg

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It's easy.
First remove table. You must have a van where this is opposite the door.
Second you need a ramp, place this in-line with the door.
Place scooter on fast, take a run hit the ramp so you go onto two wheels. As you clear the door hit the brakes so it drops into the table space.
It's much harder to get it out
:LOL:

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999

A friend and his partner rode his GoldWing to Spain and back with a mobility scooter on a rack on the back of the bike. I will try and get a photo of it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Its the nearest I can get to a mobility scooter, but these two know how to behave(y)

Attachments

• IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 27
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi. Re "Cruiser and the TK"
Billy Barnes old school mate and the GPO Telegram BSA ?
My first m/cycle 350 ex WW 2" Ariel despatch bike, Doing a "Ride by" Derby Cables works to impress the office girls who used to sit out on the wall of a lunch time,i exceeded ALL my expectations and ended up under the back end of a lorry.Note to self,fix the front brake !! it's not been working for weeks.
Billy Barnes.
Woke up in the DRI Ward 1. about tea time,this figure in the bed opposite,swathed in bandage and traction leavers/wires in every position was saying are you OK ? I had the mother and father of a headache,but even in those days,mid 50's,super dad had made me buy a skid lid (Cromwell Knoll ?) so my life had been spared.
It was Billy Barnes in the bandages,he wasn't even on his BSA,he was putting it on the stand,a car came around the corner and wiped him/them out LOL. I will allways remember him saying.
"I wasn't even on the "$$&&**^^&&%%$$££ ing thing and look at ME !!
Tea Bag.
PS. The chap i worked for came to see me in the DRI and said,"I have had a word with the lads on the vans,they will teach you to drive,you will kill yourself on that bloody thing.
PPS Esso Golden Extra Did it burn the valves out ? LOL.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
My first bike was a BSA C15
Heap of junk had to fit big end bearing ever month
Yeay!

My one & only bike. I would endorse the 'heap of junk' comment, although to be fair, it was already old & knackered when I bought it.

Replaced it with a 425cc 2CV - the van version. Imported from Brazil in 1966, with some astronomical mileage on the clock already. Nissen hut on wheels. Bloody sight more fun than the C15. Similar angle of lean in the corners; just in the opposite direction. Suspension travel measured in yards & feet & you could still get it to wave a back wheel in the air on a roundabout. Bit like dingy sailing - any passengers in the van bit at the back were instructed to move to the right on right hand corners & left on left hand corners.

Nothing at all to do with behaviour at Lincoln, but after 11 pages, who cares?

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
all the chatter about m/cycles and the lovely old vinnies has just taken me back to the days of the old biker cafes, johnsons on the A20, the ace, the coffee stalls, ahhhhhh, thank you guys.. :)
Made me remember the old Blue Boar on the A5
and Jacks Hill Café Near Towcester

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
One slider was well scraped and the other not....... you can probably guess why. Front wheel washout and unlike Doohan or Rossi it wasn't a save. Or anywhere near one. Tatty leathers and a hairline leg fracture resulted

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I used to give worn sliders and tyres to my poser mates :)
Love it!! Bloody awful job getting them unstuck, though. Very large screwdriver and a lot of effort. Waste of time for a wuss like me anyway

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Love it!! Bloody awful job getting them unstuck, though. Very large screwdriver and a lot of effort. Waste of time for a wuss like me anyway
Aye :)

But my tyres get worn on the edges and leave 4/5 mm in the middle. Still road legal for mates :)

And mates think they look cool ;)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Oh yes, I did always manage to wear the little Michelin man off the edge of the tyres but truthfully not good enough to go around corners really quickly......

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
Whilst we are still off topic I had a BSA SS80, not many people knew what they were and I've only seen one more. It was effectively a tuned C15 with chrome mudguards and a few other bits, very reliable until it caught fire on a very dark night in the country at full chat, lights went out and flames came up between seat and petrol tank. Loved it to bits though.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Whilst we are still off topic I had a BSA SS80, not many people knew what they were and I've only seen one more. It was effectively a tuned C15 with chrome mudguards and a few other bits, very reliable until it caught fire on a very dark night in the country at full chat, lights went out and flames came up between seat and petrol tank. Loved it to bits though.

Flaming hell:notworthy2:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
still got the plastic knee cap on my right leg. the lorry driver did a runner, never to be seen again. the last bike I had was given to me. a mz150. I tried to ride it to work. now that really scared me. I gave it back.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
my youngest daughter had a CB 500 and I used to borrow it at weekends and give a good run just for a bit of fun I loved ridding it so light and easy to ride you could chuck it well over in corners if I tried to ride my triumph in same way I would be on my arse at first corner
If I ever bought a bike to go on back of van I would defiantly consider one
Cheap as chips and reliable

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
my youngest daughter had a CB 500 and I used to borrow it at weekends and give a good run just for a bit of fun I loved ridding it so light and easy to ride you could chuck it well over in corners if I tried to ride my triumph in same way I would be on my arse at first corner
If I ever bought a bike to go on back of van I would defiantly consider one
Cheap as chips and reliable
There are a few race series for CB500s and we get plenty of them on trackdays.

They all seem to be, ahem, having fun :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back