Like to be in bed at 9pm and remain completely undisturbed? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
So why take a thin walled van on to campsites or rally fields.

A friend of mine met another friend at a campsite at Harrogate a short while ago, they were sat outside their van drinking tea and chatting, like you do when you meet friends you've not seen for a while. At 10:05PM they are told off by a warden - 10pm is a quiet time, go back to your van!

That's fair enough, I think it's a private site they can have any rule they like and enforce it. But, IMO no one should be stopped chatting on a weekend at 10pm. Loud music, singing after 11pm of course, but sat under an awning drinking tea at 10pm!

So if that's you who gets annoyed when someone on the next pitch is chatting at the dreadfully late hour of 10pm. Head to Harrogate; a quiet night and a jobsworth warden awaits :D

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Live or die by your own rules.
Attract who live by the same rules I spose.

I.e....thanks for the heads up.. :LOL:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I have been told off after 10pm as his children in tent opposite couldn’t sleep.
I agreed to shut up if he stopped his kids running about near me at 7am every morning 🤬

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
i remember is working at the open golf at troon ,,in a little site next to railway ,,there were 3 family's all sitting outside shouting singing till 4am ,,it was a nightmare ,,i was up at 5 for work ,,wont be back at that site ,,wish that warden was at that site :LOL:

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
i remember is working at the open golf at troon ,,in a little site next to railway ,,there were 3 family's all sitting outside shouting singing till 4am ,,it was a nightmare ,,i was up at 5 for work ,,wont be back at that site ,,wish that warden was at that site :LOL:
A bit of wet bread paste on their roof birds love pecking at it early in the morning, and sounds like a jack hammer inside🤣

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
We were on a campsite in Spain two years ago and the very strict noise curfew was 9pm. All you could do was talking. Even the bar and restaurant closed down for this time. But it was great through the day.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
We were sat at Marton mere a few years ago, probably 10.30 ish, talking . It was the time when the golf open was on not too far away and the place was full of golf marshals and volunteers etc enjoying a beers, having a somewhat noisy good time....plus the usual Marton mere rabble of feral kids.

We thought we were being really quiet while having a late chat outside and the woman came out from the van next door and said her husband has been trying g to get to sleep for 2 hours and couldnt because of our noise ???.

We were amazed really but she put it across in a nice way and wasn't ranting so we obviously complied and went in.

Hubby must have been happy knowing he's got the good negotiator.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Our bedtime is generally around 10 pm .. so we steer clear of big sites and use CLs or small adult only sites .. age is a factor .

if we go to a rally or motorhome show, we expect a bit more noise.. and would rather join in than complain ..

some people cannot talk quietly and noise does carry.

loudness goes up proportionally to the amount of alcohol consumed.

and loud music contributes to higher alcohol consumption..

An experiment was carried out in two bars to test patrons' response to music's loudness. Using random assignment, patrons were exposed to a sound level which was higher than that usually employed in the bars in which the study took place. Analysis showed that a higher sound level than usual was associated with consuming more drinks. An "arousal" hypothesis is used to explain the findings.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Our bedtime is generally around 10 pm .. so we steer clear of big sites and use CLs or small adult only sites .. age is a factor .

if we go to a rally or motorhome show, we expect a bit more noise.. and would rather join in than complain ..

loudness goes up proportionally to the amount of alcohol consumed.

and loud music contributes to higher alcohol consumption..

An experiment was carried out in two bars to test patrons' response to music's loudness. Using random assignment, patrons were exposed to a sound level which was higher than that usually employed in the bars in which the study took place. Analysis showed that a higher sound leve than usual was associated with consuming more drinks. An "arousal" hypothesis is used to explain the findings.
As my mother used to say You die in bed so don't give in to it.We seldom ever go to bed before 1230...BUSBY .

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
As my mother used to say You die in bed so don't give in to it.We seldom ever go to bed before 1230...BUSBY .
do you get at 5.45 to drive you wife to work, then collect her at 19.00 ?

thought not .. hence 10pm ..

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Do you think I am daft Stopped those silly games 20 years ago after 40 years of starting work at stupid o.clock and working 70 hour weeks..
😃😃😃😐 BUSBY.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
10 pm is a bit of too early for this, but of course some people cannot talk quietly and noise does carry.
Yup and in the quiet at night the voices are even more annoying ... mind you it's no worse that the early morning risers who then decide to stand outside the MH and have a good chin wag at 6.00 am!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think "mother's quote" is being taken out of context, to me it means don't waste time by being in bed unnecessarily, just use it for the time you need to and no more.

Nothing wrong with that ... except I'd be the one dropping you off so I could go back to bed! :LOL: Actually, scrap that, I'd tell you to drive yourself! :ROFLMAO:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
FB_IMG_1714841337376.jpg

Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
I will avoid that site!

This happened to us at the Red Kite Site in Wales. We were inside the van chatting, no music or tv. I don’t think we were particularly loud and the pitches were well spaced out. After the knock on the door at about 10.10 and a telling off, they must have heard a much louder burst of laughter as the door closed. I absolutely understand the need to consider others, but this seemed over the top and we just ignored them.

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning 😊
9pm is a late night for my wife:LOL:
Ah, finally found my missing twin. :giggle:

Love waking up (and getting up) around 05.30. That is the schedule which suits my body so I stick to it.
A few years back a mate asked if I wanted to do Glastonbury with her as she was trading and one of her crew had dropped out.
Free Glasto, full access ahead of the crowds, free camping . . . and I said no. Knew that after 2 or 3 nights of no sleep I would be absolutely no good for my mate or capable of driving home safely.

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
It all depends on peoples perception of loud
I used to help run a show and sometimes, very politely, walked a member of a group on a club camping pitch about 1/4 mile away and you could still hear every word from their pitch perfectly ....some were even then still in denial "that's not us" 🤦‍♂️
I've been camped next to people who I couldn't hear when I was actually talking to them because they were so softly spoken but I've also camped next to people who I can hear perfectly when they are in their van with all doors and windows shut

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
A good few years ago we were on uttoxeter racecourse site the caravan behind us were still laughing and making noise after midnight someone from another caravan went and told them it was unacceptable and they should stop and consider other people they weren’t very happy but about ten minutes later they did .

The following morning we were packing up to leave at 8am the cheeky sod came out in his dressing gown and said we shouldn’t be making noise at that time of morning we had woken him up.
When I went to reception to say we were leaving I mentioned to them about the noise the night before and the warden said they had had a few complaints.
I mentioned he had come out and told us to be quiet at 8am the warden laughed and said well he will soon be upset as I’m just going out with the mower and I will start by his caravan :rofl:

Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
Our site had an 11pm quiet time. We would do toilet checks and then check the site. It’s amazing how sound travels especially when a group has gathered in an awning “talking quietly”. As does nooky in a tent. And the occasional Mr and Mrs nice when checking in, but noisy raging louts who want to fight you after a BBQ and a load of ale. Do I miss those checks not.

Mar 12, 2021
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
carthago e line 64xl
Exp
Our site had an 11pm quiet time. We would do toilet checks and then check the site. It’s amazing how sound travels especially when a group has gathered in an awning “talking quietly”. As does nooky in a tent. And the occasional Mr and Mrs nice when checking in, but noisy raging louts who want to fight you after a BBQ and a load of ale. Do I miss those checks not.
Did that for 40 years prior to retirement do not miss sorting the arguments out .Now on the other side of the fence but when we go racing in Holland the barbies are not lit until midnight and the noise and music stops at daylight then the engines start at 7.30 so little sleep but who cares it's only for 3 day's work.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back