On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Fish looks good !
20 Euro
Robert wins by default, the only entry. Spot on with the tip.

IMG_20180330_225703.jpg

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Went to Elche today to look at the palm gardens. Nice drive across to Alcoy then it all went wrong, got suck in their stupid one way system. Down a street with cars parked on both sides to a T junction with cars parked on both sides of the road I had to turn into, one car parked right on the corner. I caused a nice traffic jam on both roads as it took me 10 min of very careful manoeuvring to get round with Mi and a Spanish guy directing me, got round with about 2" clearance to the car on the corner, unfortunately doesn't really show up on the dash came.
Then we headed off down the A7 as the guide books said a nice view of the gorge on this road, yer, right I saw the gorge from the inside of a tunnel they have built a new road & tunnelled through the mountain.

P1120645.JPG

P1120646.JPG

P1120654.JPG

P1120663.JPG

P1120647.JPG

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Thought u were at Moraira flt spot? Cycled there today from calpe - looks good for a night or two - gonna be a hypocrite and plot up there next week sometime!

Plotting up being a covert term, somewhere between parking and camping!!!!
Beware that on Fridays, half of the car park in no parking between 05.00-17.00. Are is well sign posted and nearly all motor-homes park on the waste land next to the car park and locals and police (police station on corner of car park) are very tolerant. In the right hand corner of the car park as you look towards the beach is SAXO Bar. Live music 6 nights a week from 18.00-20.00 and rammed. The music is of good quality. Half way along the bars, that run on the same street as the Saxo Bar is a pub with English speaking bar staff and there must be 8 different TV's and all capable of showing different football matches at the same time, including UK football. The nearest Aire is at Benissa, 15 minutes away which has all services and very easy to get to. Avoid the beach bar, rip off prices but a nice beach. A neat little town with everything you need and swarming with ex-pats and some of them loaded as you will see by the cars they drive. Enjoy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Stopped off at the Aire at Murcia to service good for a free one with excellent service point but I wouldn't recommend it.

See photo 2 as to why.

IMG_20180404_165323_crop_558x462-1024x848.jpg

It's here, Mijhan wanted to go in, I'm still downing the G&T's to calm the shakes from spending over ½ hour trying to get out of the place.
Not been in one for over 10 year hope it's another 10 before I see another one.

IMG_20180404_165329_crop_516x495.jpg

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Beware that on Fridays, half of the car park in no parking between 05.00-17.00. Are is well sign posted and nearly all motor-homes park on the waste land next to the car park and locals and police (police station on corner of car park) are very tolerant. In the right hand corner of the car park as you look towards the beach is SAXO Bar. Live music 6 nights a week from 18.00-20.00 and rammed. The music is of good quality. Half way along the bars, that run on the same street as the Saxo Bar is a pub with English speaking bar staff and there must be 8 different TV's and all capable of showing different football matches at the same time, including UK football. The nearest Aire is at Benissa, 15 minutes away which has all services and very easy to get to. Avoid the beach bar, rip off prices but a nice beach. A neat little town with everything you need and swarming with ex-pats and some of them loaded as you will see by the cars they drive. Enjoy.
Thanks @PhilandMena . The live music sounds good, but any English bar showing football I will give a wide berth :eek:
Hope to do 2nights if my cassette will last that long ( I have some spare 2L plastic wine bottles for me:moon2:) and hope to do the reccomended fish n chip place, and quite liked the look of the Himalaya Indian opposite the car park on the main road:wink:

Sorry for the hijack @Lenny HB :getmecoat::rofl:

Btw, I share your ikea pain!

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Stopped off at the Aire at Murcia to service good for a free one with excellent service point but I wouldn't recommend it.

See photo 2 as to why.

View attachment 223116

It's here, Mijhan wanted to go in, I'm still downing the G&T's to calm the shakes from spending over ½ hour trying to get out of the place.
Not been in one for over 10 year hope it's another 10 before I see another one.

View attachment 223117

Soon be one a stones throw from you lenny thats when ill start my flatpack furniture assembly business

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back