Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I am not terribly keen as the battery technology is not given ie Lead Acid, AGM or GEL etc. Varta batteries are not listed which I see as a major omission. There are lots of useful battery threads on here. Battery websites are very good at Tanya Batteries and Battery Megastore.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I am not terribly keen as the battery technology is not given ie Lead Acid, AGM or GEL etc. Varta batteries are not listed which I see as a major omission. There are lots of useful battery threads on here. Battery websites are very good at Tanya Batteries and Battery Megastore.
Pleased it's not just me who gets the company name wrong :D ... it's TAYNA, not Tanya ... (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Well I never realised and always thought it was Tanya!!!

I prefer Tanya so I think I'll stick to that anyway - OK!:D(y)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We are looking at replacing ours. The one in now was with the van new 5 years ago but starting to hold less charge (I think). It is a Numax. Tayna recommend their own brand "Euroline" anyone had one?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
It's natural for a company like Tayna to recommend their own brand, but for me, like you I have been using Numax in this van and our previous van and have been very happy with them, so why take a chance, stick with Numax, their not expensive.

Just do your self a favour and stick well clear of Banner.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
It's natural for a company like Tayna to recommend their own brand, but for me, like you I have been using Numax in this van and our previous van and have been very happy with them, so why take a chance, stick with Numax, their not expensive.

I was going to do just that but our previous one is discontinued

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
We need new leisure batteries so was trying to do some research and decide whether to stick to Banner or change brands. Came across this put online today by the National Caravan Council

Might be helpful so some other members so here is the link

https://www.thencc.org.uk/our_schemes/ncc_verified_leisure_battery_scheme.aspx
The scheme is meaningless, based entirely on what the battery manufacturers tell the NCC.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We need new leisure batteries so was trying to do some research and decide whether to stick to Banner or change brands. Came across this put online today by the National Caravan Council

Banner are the worst batteries I've ever come across I would steer well clear of them and go for a recognised brand such as Exide, Varta, Sonnenschein etc.

The NCC is funded by manufacturers and dealers, their Verified Battery Scheme is a total con, the results are derived from the manufacturers own test, no independant testing is required, it's a joke. One of the requierments, to claim a life of 200 cycles the manufacturer only has to test their own product for 6 cycles.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There was a thread on here when the NCC review came out ... have a search for it.

Oh, don't forget your popcorn and fizzy drink first though!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We are looking at replacing ours. The one in now was with the van new 5 years ago but starting to hold less charge (I think). It is a Numax. Tayna recommend their own brand "Euroline" anyone had one?
One in the boss's car & daughter's car their starter batteries appear to be quite good but I would expect like a majority of leisure batteries the lesiure version will just be a starter battery with a different label.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I think @Lenny HB and @PhilandMena may have something to say. They used to disagree with one another about this scheme, but I now think they are in agreement ................. that it just a con
Your right and I was definitely wrong. I thought they were representing Joe public untill the sham was exposed. Biggest con since Jesus Christ, imo. I now have a pair of the Exide 650 ETC fitted and there going well. Far to early to make a judgement call.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
There was a thread on here when the NCC review came out ... have a search for it.

Oh, don't forget your popcorn and fizzy drink first though!
Yep.....totally meaningless scheme

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
@peterc10 , @Lenny HB and @Busman
I have returned.
20190405_132940.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Incidently, some changes since my last visit. Parking for caravans and motorhomes on the road leading to the wild camping area has been banned and official signs posted. On the up side, as you enter the wild camping area thete is an official sign directing one to the black waste dump. Looks like the town at last have provided an official dump. I have yet to find it but think it's the manhole cover nearer the estuary. I will check out and update you. Also, it is absolutely rammed with motorhomes. This is at the entrance to the wild camping area. Must be a massive upsurge in Ttossers, then. Oh dear! We can't slow that can We. Most of them are not Brits either, it's like a desiese that's out of control. I won't sleep at night.
20190405_124050.jpg

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
stick with Numax, their not expensive.

But for how long?

It's not long ago Banner was the holy grail of batteries...... Then it was AGM, now they are allegedly crap and unreliable.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Incidently, some changes since my last visit. Parking for caravans and motorhomes on the road leading to the wild camping area has been banned and official signs posted
I think that's a good move, most of them were taking the p*ss with chairs and sun loungers out over the pavement.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
How did you guys manage to persuade the brewers to release a beer named after your birth year?(y)
Or are they trying to look after your health by saying Do Not Open until 6 minutes past 7?:confused:

D

DL42846

Deleted User

I was at my local Motorhome repair center last month. A guy with a two year old Motorhome was in getting a new habitation battery installed, His Banner had lasted just two years. The mechanic said they won't fit Banner batteries as they have had lots of problems with them. I had one in my Defender which last 18 months. I got it changed under the guarantee. I would look at Varta. Just saying.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back