Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@movan
Was the wool we sent you the right colour.
I hope so ad we've picked some more up and on the look out for more and some buttons to take to old mos place
Perfect ... about 3 balls already made into poppies and donation made to young people against cancer charity. (y) Thank you. Xxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Thanks Janine :)

They do join at the top of the chain but look more like Maltese crosses than flowers!
IMG_20180410_214104.jpg

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Having been doing poppies from @Janine ’s pattern I have decided that my throw with the ALDI wool will be made from,the same pattern I have been experimenting with different squares and come to the decision that I like the poppy shape I just need to work out how the attatch them to each other. Any ideas girls??
View attachment 224269
They could be joined where they touch, pretty much as you have laid them out.
You could even run a chain as an extra detail, joining them as you go.
poppies_LI.jpg

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Plus another 4 from me 49,316 and I've got to get going today still.

Less 9 more night ones

= 49,307
=======

Shouldn't blow your own trumpet but I think we are all simply amazing and should beg @Baycott for a tiny wooden peg label to stick in the ground if Helen Puddleduck could do it .. (?????) somewhere nearby .. 'lovingly contributed to by MHF Crochet Club.' Bit like a Leaving Stone ... see Mousy's posts ... little stones left around for people to find .. with pictures or messages on .. In fact Helen, don't want to impose or put you on the spot .. but WOULD that be possible please? If people wanted .. or even one of our tiny Leaving Stones? Maybe a daft idea, sorry, not really put my brain in gear.

@snailtrailer Pam, hope to start on knitting my little cardigan next week at last so would love to take you up on your offer of pattern suggestions plesse for the little one ... am also thinking I may be able to crochet a little animal to sew onto the back or the chest ... Thanks for starting this thread. X

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi @Puddleduck Helen ... just lost count ... I have done over 112 to date and they are falling everywhere. A lot are 'learning ' poppies so may not be good for frint row. :). Can I send them to you please? How is it done? Would you pm me an address please.. many thanks love. :) x

Reactions: Ven
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Hi @Puddleduck Helen ... just lost count ... I have done over 112 to date and they are falling everywhere. A lot are 'learning ' poppies so may not be good for frint row. :). Can I send them to you please? How is it done? Would you pm me an address please.. many thanks love. :) x
I’m the same Joy I have a plastic bag full now

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I wanted to check out the magic circle video but couldn't hear it until today when I had time to concentrate more and also to use my headphones, turned out that she was only referring us on to tutorials of vids, lol. So checked one of those out and tackled it today, at last. Mind you after so many years of not doing any I was all fingers and thumbs, to begin with and kept messing up. When I let my mind wonder off and was doing it on autopilot I was just fine. Finally achieved my first magic circle in black, used a bigger hook to achieve a slightly bigger poppy, so maybe today I will get chance to pick it up and carry on.
You Joy seem to be having lots of problems this week, I hope your granddaughter is better. Also hope you resolve your loss of gas quickly, obviously a very difficult situation. from sue at hurwitzend

Hi Sue, how are you?

You seem to have disappeared from our group.... :(

xx

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

Less 9 more night ones

= 49,307
=======

Shouldn't blow your own trumpet but I think we are all simply amazing and should beg @Baycott for a tiny wooden peg label to stick in the ground if Helen Puddleduck could do it .. (?????) somewhere nearby .. 'lovingly contributed to by MHF Crochet Club.' Bit like a Leaving Stone ... see Mousy's posts ... little stones left around for people to find .. with pictures or messages on .. In fact Helen, don't want to impose or put you on the spot .. but WOULD that be possible please? If people wanted .. or even one of our tiny Leaving Stones? Maybe a daft idea, sorry, not really put my brain in gear.

I think pegs / labels / stones would be a brilliant idea and there is no reason why we shouldn't do this ...... If anyone wants someone commemorated there is no reason why that can't be done either. You could message me names and I can write on my bio-plastic poppies that will be put in the flower beds to brighten them up in dismal November :) I'll let the rest of the committee know at the management meeting just to keep things "official" but there won't be a problem.

I will pm @movan and @davanne with my address :)

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you Helen.

I have pm#'d you a name re the commemoration. Thank you so much. A beautiful idea.

Poppies will be packed up and forwarded and contine to do so as my bulk crochet grows. :) x

@SueTayBon

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Some of the ones which will be posted next week Helen ... :)

View attachment 224448

Fantastic Joy. I've still got to do my middles, still not got black wool. Hopefully I can get some tomorrow.

By the way 2 more 49,299.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Janine I'm still struggling with magic circles, but having a result of sorts!

Why is it so difficult to do the first line AFTER the circle made .. what am I doing wrong?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Janine I'm still struggling with magic circles, but having a result of sorts!

Why is it so difficult to do the first line AFTER the circle made .. what am I doing wrong?

Are you wrapping the thread round your finger once or twice? I always find it easier to wrap twice. Also the first round looks awful until you tighten up the circle when the magic is that the centre closes and the first round flexes into place and looks fantastic.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Are you wrapping the thread round your finger once or twice? I always find it easier to wrap twice. Also the first round looks awful until you tighten up the circle when the magic is that the centre closes and the first round flexes into place and looks fantastic.
I find it easier wrapping round twice but then I sometimes end up with a little spare loop at the back

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I find it easier wrapping round twice but then I sometimes end up with a little spare loop at the back

I just keep a gentle but firm tug until it does resolve - if I am using yarn that catches or tangles (like mohair) I sew in the spare loop with the loose end. Nowt wrong with cheating when required.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Me too. :(

Also I can't always find the stitch clearly to push the hook through after I pull the loop together.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Joy when you think how we have improved since we started ...that first week I was all for packing it in I kept saying I am never going to master this ......and look at us now

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
You're all doing so well!

This popped up on my Facebook page today and I think I might make some -

If anyone knits/crochets and would like to make some small blankets (approx a metre squared upwards) we’re in desperate need for some at work. We use them in the children’s emergency departments at heartlands and good hope hospitals for children who have suddenly died so they can be cuddled in something beautiful rather than nhs linen. Any colours would be great! Thanks.
Please send to Sr E Brazier, Children’s Emergency Dept, Heartlands Hospital, Bordesley Green East, Birmingham, B9 5SS. Thank you all so much!

Woops - Sue beat me to it!

A very worthwhile cause, I'm sure you'll agree!

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Wool to be dropped off at old mos getting a few more balls and buttons but this is what we've picked up so far
@movan can you tag anyone of the group who will be at old mos
DSC_0503.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back