crochet.jpg

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Promise I will do some today Joy I have been working on different squares for my throw to be made from the ALDI wool.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well, thought I had better do something for myself but since I still havn't got to my laptop I can't watch the videos yet .... so I did 3 'flowers' with the maroon wool from Aldi and stitched them to a plain backrest cushion in my mh ... I still need to embroider some stems and leaves .. but I do like it.
It's a start.
20180408_102946.jpg

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Well, thought I had better do something for myself but since I still havn't got to my laptop I can't watch the videos yet .... so I did 3 'flowers' with the maroon wool from Aldi and stitched them to a plain backrest cushion in my mh ... I still need to embroider some stems and leaves .. but I do like it.
It's a start.
View attachment 223824
They look lovely Joy:) could you not crochet the stems and leaves I don’t think it would be too difficult

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Can I pick all your brains please ..grandaughter doesn't get much .. penny struggles etc .. and she had this little dress which she LOVES .. age only 18 months so now too small.

I thought would try and make it fit (it's round the bodice that is too small .. so I have pinned the straight button down back into a V shape with a view of possible putting one or two elastic pieces across the v.. I would then sew some little embroidery flowers onto ghe elastic.

Sounds ok to me but I havn't a clue really .

Can you comment or offer a different solution please.

20180408_140435.jpg
20180408_140441.jpg
20180408_140458.jpg
20180408_140507.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
They look lovely Joy:) could you not crochet the stems and leaves I don’t think it would be too difficult

Never thought of that .. :) could do a chain for stems .. not sure about leaves though. :(

Help and advice please.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Even though Martin said "surely you can't take crochet hooks on the plane" guess who was and wasn't stopped :LOL:.

Now back in Totana and I'll start again. Does anyone have a simple pattern for a bigger poppy than I was trying. ie four petals rather than two! But simple is the stressed word here cos I don't know the stitches without research.

Thanks.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Never thought of that .. :) could do a chain for stems .. not sure about leaves though. :(

Help and advice please.
I thought a chain for the stems then for the leaves maybe start of with a couple of double crochet and increase the amount of stitches then decrease the stitches till you get the right size ....I know I’m rubbish at explaining I’ll have a go myself Joy and see if it’s possible

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Can I pick all your brains please ..grandaughter doesn't get much .. penny struggles etc .. and she had this little dress which she LOVES .. age only 18 months so now too small.

I thought would try and make it fit (it's round the bodice that is too small .. so I have pinned the straight button down back into a V shape with a view of possible putting one or two elastic pieces across the v.. I would then sew some little embroidery flowers onto ghe elastic.

That should work Joy although I am not a dressmaking expert. you could decorate the elastic with some buttons. Otherwise you could simply use the bottom of the dress and run elastic through a turned over edge to make it into a skirt ?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
No poppies done today - but I have spent almost 3 hours on the quilt and managed to get 1/8 of the quilting that was left to finish done. At that rate 21 hours left to get the quilting finished and then a couple of sessions to do the binding. Once Stephen has gone home and we are back from our weekend I will have to get some long sessions in so I can get it finished on time :) I have decided to make all the rest of the small squares "Glasgow Roses" as they are easy to do and look far more complex than they actually are.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Please Miss @movan did you count my 3 :D2 it's all right for you just got my fingers tied together trying the magic circle, I'm sure it will be easy when it clicks. (y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sent a thank you letter on behalf of the crochet ladies to Sew and Sew c/o @Baycott for the buttons they sent to us. Should anyone require any, we still have some left .

Xx

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Even though Martin said "surely you can't take crochet hooks on the plane" guess who was and wasn't stopped :LOL:.

Now back in Totana and I'll start again. Does anyone have a simple pattern for a bigger poppy than I was trying. ie four petals rather than two! But simple is the stressed word here cos I don't know the stitches without research.

Thanks.

I made-up this pattern yesterday for 4-petal poppies.

Magic circle or 6-chain circle.
In black yarn: 3chain and 15 trebles into the circle. (yarn over once, pull thru two loops twice). Join to top of first treble. Finish off black yarn.
Join red yarn to top of any treble from previous row.
4chain and double treble into same stitch. (yarn over twice, pull thru two loops three times)
2 double treble into next stitch, 2 double treble into next stitch.
1 double treble into next stitch, 4chain and slip stitch into same stitch.
One petal made.
slip stitch into next stitch and complete each petal in same way.

Hope that makes sense :)
IMG_20180408_195340.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ven

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I made-up this pattern yesterday for 4-petal poppies.

Magic circle or 6-chain circle.
In black yarn: 3chain and 15 trebles into the circle. (yarn over once, pull thru two loops twice). Join to top of first treble. Finish off black yarn.
Join red yarn to top of any treble from previous row.
4chain and double treble into same stitch. (yarn over twice, pull thru two loops three times)
2 double treble into next stitch, 2 double treble into next stitch.
1 double treble into next stitch, 4chain and slip stitch into same stitch.
One petal made.
slip stitch into next stitch and complete each petal in same way.

Hope that makes sense :)
View attachment 223882

Thank you.

I'll give it a go. I'll post my first attempt :LOL:. Need to get some black wool first though.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Having no plans for the weekend I decided this was the perfect opportunity to go through my wardrobe to see what is worth keeping. Right underwear but no heating in the bedroom so the process didn't take long! Three long dresses with revealing necklines to go to the charity shop; three more long dresses which I'm going to make into skirts and shorten by 8 or 9 inches (this will be the season for floaty silk, beaded skirts:LOL:) and four maxi skirts which I am going to shorten. Made a start taking out zips because I will shorten them at the waist. Some of the tops will work with a little something underneath but the rest will become car-cleaning cloths.

We are going to Bury St Edmunds on Wednesday with Derek's sister and brother-in-law so will look out for red poppy yarn in the market so that I can catch up with all you poppy makers.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Having no plans for the weekend I decided this was the perfect opportunity to go through my wardrobe to see what is worth keeping. Right underwear but no heating in the bedroom so the process didn't take long! Three long dresses with revealing necklines to go to the charity shop; three more long dresses which I'm going to make into skirts and shorten by 8 or 9 inches (this will be the season for floaty silk, beaded skirts:LOL:) and four maxi skirts which I am going to shorten. Made a start taking out zips because I will shorten them at the waist. Some of the tops will work with a little something underneath but the rest will become car-cleaning cloths.

We are going to Bury St Edmunds on Wednesday with Derek's sister and brother-in-law so will look out for red poppy yarn in the market so that I can catch up with all you poppy makers.
you have been busy Pamela .......I need to cull my wardrobe:cry:
If I get chance today I’m going to try and master the magic circle

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back