Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
100_9503.JPG
100_9504.JPG

Inside the bag is an Aldi canvas bag as it was just the right size. I am going to put odds and ends in it for my Sister-in-law and her hubby for Christmas.

100_9505.JPG
100_9506.JPG

Sorry for the awful photo. I didn't follow a pattern as such - saw a shape I liked on the Drops Designs website but it was for DK and so I had to do some jiggery pokery to get the size correct and I just made up the knit and purl pattern as I went along. It does need b;locking and pressing though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I like it. You can get tiny lights on copper wire, too, which should work.
Hi Crochet corner, can i come in too please?! I am quite new to crochet too but am very determined, i generally unravel more than i do but want to get to grips with patterns (as i am rubbish at making things up!) and trying to do some amigurumi animals for my grandaughter which aren't going too badly so far.........!

Welcomr. :)

We have all degrees of crafters in here and encourageeach other. Think you will enjoy it. :)

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Welcome The Dobbsters to our crochet/knitting/patchwork etc. group. Not at home at the moment with almost no internet connection. Did meet up with the co-ordinator Teddy and Monkey and two octopus passed, the little jelly is going to an angel. When I get home I’ll post pictures of the two quilts I’ve finished. Bye for now - off to lunch with eldest son

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Thanks Janine. Yes.

Open to all ideas at the moment. :)

Is Buzz ok? And that 'naughty man' who eats all his food? :)

Funny - I found one of those chews this morning in the van and had a smile. Both Buzz and the naughty man are still misbehaving :ROFLMAO:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
... Seeingthe beautiful bouquet of flowers Badknee (mrs) Angela made for Anthea.. made me think again of a venture I tried but failed miserably. It was a good learning curve though and I know ll the many mistakes I made.. :(. (It's a hanging ball for want of a better name!).

IMG_20190906_204923.jpg

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
... Seeingthe beautiful bouquet of flowers Badknee (mrs) Angela made for Anthea.. made me think again of a venture I tried but failed miserably. It was a good learning curve though and I know ll the many mistakes I made.. :(. (It's a hanging ball for want of a better name!).

View attachment 329590

With essential oil tissues or similar inside and hung up it would make a lovely room fragrancer.

I am still doing my commit to knit hats but the current one might be the last. I'll need to find where to send them :)

My daughter bought me this book:
Amazon product ASIN 0992769000so I will be busy attempting another shawl, this one heavy duty! I am once I am sure of the techniques I will be able to adapt them for sweaters and the like. I love knot work of all varieties.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
With essential oil tissues or similar inside and hung up it would make a lovely room fragrancer.

I am still doing my commit to knit hats but the current one might be the last. I'll need to find where to send them :)

My daughter bought me this book:
Amazon product ASIN 0992769000so I will be busy attempting another shawl, this one heavy duty! I am once I am sure of the techniques I will be able to adapt them for sweaters and the like. I love knot work of all varieties.

love the essential oils idea... Lavender oil here I come. :) Thank you.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Me too - I think it is part of growing old disgracefully ?

On a Facebook group that I belong to, we are making Luna Lapins from a book from The Works. When I bought the book, my Mother said that her Mother had made something similar when she was a girl in the 1930’s.

Here is my effort - it looks like a newborn Bambi ? I think it will look better when I have made some of the clothes for it. It’s all hand-stitched except for the ears.

View attachment 322867View attachment 322868

Hi all.. Janine.. SUE bought this for me last week... Aaaaagh.. Opened it and dread starting as definitely not a sewer. Is it easier once I get started?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Any ideas on how I can make similar ? I’m not great at sewing fiddly things.
View attachment 320108
Granddaughter loves her American Girl dolls (18 inches tall) I’ve got her an AG horse for her birthday but would like to attempt a riding outfit.
Boots I can buy on EBay, jodhpurs I can make from cutting up a pair of charity shop leggings. Cannot find a riding hat—— any ideas ? And is there an easy way to make the jacket ? Lapels and sleeves are making me nervous. :)

Hi sunshine
Did you manage a riding hat?

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hi sunshine
Did you manage a riding hat?

Not tackled it yet—- managed to put it off until nearer Christmas.
I think I can make jodhpurs from a pair of leggings and have a white t shirt to cut up for a top. Can’t do jackets, sleeves too fiddly so I’m thinking black gilet made from felt. Riding boots I can buy on EBay, and will then have to try making the hat.
And knit two hats ( one for O, one for daughter) oh and a garland of knitted Christmas trees........

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Mmm this is like getting A bit like “oh no the exam is tomorrow”
I have been casually making a few keyring thingeys, but the craft fair is in 2 weeks.
Production overdrive awaits.
Ps. None of them actually follow either “a” pattern or “the” pattern ? and the brown one is real Welsh woolly wool. Oh! And I have lost one - no idea ??‍♀️
Might crochet a couple of these ?
Pps. I do have other stuff to sell

Attachments

• 6ECDCBC6-4B90-4850-9006-5A05E1ACDA1C.jpeg
    6ECDCBC6-4B90-4850-9006-5A05E1ACDA1C.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 17

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries