Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
loving your projects.
I cut my index finger on my right hand with a can, just on the join, did it last week am a poor healer, tried without a plaster yesterday, this morning it started bleeding again, so no crafting at the moment. didn't realise how much I use it, turning a key is a nightmare and I have yet to master doing it with my left hand although I am reasonably deft with it. oh well doesn't stop me posting ;)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I am wasting (nearly put waisting!!) my time on a knitted lacy scarf using mauve/purple, white and a pale pink mohair in wavy stripes. An easy pattern with alternate knit rows - so something to do when I'm feeling tired.
Sounds lovely look forward to seeing the photos Auntie Pam.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
loving your projects.
I cut my index finger on my right hand with a can, just on the join, did it last week am a poor healer, tried without a plaster yesterday, this morning it started bleeding again, so no crafting at the moment. didn't realise how much I use it, turning a key is a nightmare and I have yet to master doing it with my left hand although I am reasonably deft with it. oh well doesn't stop me posting ;)
PPP and hugs for a quick healing Sue.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
davanne Wow that sounds ambitious. What colours are you using?
Using up oddments of wool I have accumulated Pam
3DA49662-78EF-4C35-8DE4-C405C5BD1ED0.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
loving your projects.
Oh no! Hope it fixes itself soon.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
scotzsue. How’s your finger today? It must be very sore.

At last - after a few technical hiccups I have heard from my granddaughter that she is expecting a baby girl and I’m being ‘encouraged ‘ to start knitting ...... yay. This is where the lacy scarf gets abandoned and joins the other UFOs.:Grin:

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Wonderful news Pam ...I can hear your knitting needles clicking from here:smiley:
We have baby Ava coming to visit next weekend she’s 3 months old now and such a happy smiley baby we are really looking forward to seeing them it’s a month since we saw them.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
scotzsue. How’s your finger today? It must be very sore.

At last - after a few technical hiccups I have heard from my granddaughter that she is expecting a baby girl and I’m being ‘encouraged ‘ to start knitting ...... yay. This is where the lacy scarf gets abandoned and joins the other UFOs.:Grin:
Congratulations great grandma loving all those pink and lilac baby knits!

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Finger finally better, stopped bleeding yesterday and all dead skin is now off, still a bit tender at the joint but it's almost good to go.
Stepson gets keys to his house today so it will be moving and shaking for a couple of weeks. They are currently in rented and his wife can't get time off.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Anthea Offagain I've just watched the video - without sound because I've mislaid the headphones - absolutely fascinating watching someone else's technique of wrapping the yarn. Must give it a go. Thanks for the link.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Anthea Offagain I've just watched the video - without sound because I've mislaid the headphones - absolutely fascinating watching someone else's technique of wrapping the yarn. Must give it a go. Thanks for the link.

Very interesting stitch Anthea M . Using one main colour for the drop stitches (the mortar if you think of it as a brick pattern) and all sorts of left overs for the bricks it would be spectacular as a bag :) But I have too much to do right now.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Night before last I wasn't feeling too well so was up in the wee small hours..... watching YouTube on the tv without the sound on (as one does) I found a video of "continental knitting". I was taught to knit using a variation of the "English" method. Anyway I think I could get a left handed person to knit using the method shown on the video as the all work is done by the left hand. I think of the way I usually knit as throwing the yarn over the needle using the right hand. the video I watched used the left hand to push the yarn around. I have tried to do it and I am sure it would be fast and easy once one became proficient. I found I made tight stitches with the push method so would use a size bigger needle - probably. Nice to be able to use a different method for when the hands ache!

Start from about 10 minutes in.

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
It is important to go left to right with the knit stitch no matter which way you knit!. If you don't you get twisted stitches which is fine of that is the look you are going for of course!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello all,

Mostly doing smaller projects at the moment as it’s a bit hot of bit yarn projects.

Here are a couple of bits I’ve done, I have never really done embroidery as such but I am reasonably happy with the Bee one as it’s a first attempt.View attachment 327121View attachment 327122
Lovely they will look lovely in your MH!!?

Reactions: Ven

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I’m hoping I might be able to sell the odd one fingers crossed. The amount I make the Motorhome would be a bit overflowing such is my addiction ? Anthea M

Here’s the link for the heart davanne

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I am making hats for the "Commit to Knit" event - yes I am early but I made a hat last night from the basic pattern (but did it on a circular needle - no sewing up lol) and am now making another adding variations to the basic pattern to add texture. The hat I did last night took 50gm of DK and I have a lot of odds and ends so will use as much as I can in these hats. There are also patterns for other items, knitting and crochet.

I found the hat was a little small (okay for me but probably tight for a man) so will add some more stitches when using DK. With Aran and 5mm needles it would be fine. I am also trying out different ways of casting on when doing these hats.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Still making little things... keyring purse... next one will be different I suffer from that thing where I
Find pattern
Follow pattern
Think I know better
Blunder on for a few rows
Realise I am not the god of crochet
Unravel
Follow pattern
Try new thing next time.
Two too many rows on this one? What you think?

?

pattern
image.jpg

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
So... Even though this thread is really old and obviously very popular, I've never opened it before. I was always scared that it'd be involve car keys in a dish or something. Turns out that a lot of people really like crochet. Who knew?... ?‍♂️

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back