LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Still making little things... keyring purse... next one will be different I suffer from that thing where I
Find pattern
Follow pattern
Think I know better
Blunder on for a few rows
Realise I am not the god of crochet
Unravel
Follow pattern
Try new thing next time.
Two too many rows on this one? What you think?

?

patternView attachment 328035

Miss out the unravel and follow pattern and that's me to a 't' .... hate undoing anything so pretend it's what I wanted anyway!!!! :)

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
So... Even though this thread is really old and obviously very popular, I've never opened it before. I was always scared that it'd be involve car keys in a dish or something. Turns out that a lot of people really like crochet. Who knew?... ?‍♂️

We knew ! Now you know! I wrote drivel and thought I had deleted it. Little sigh. Hello anyway ????
Miss out the unravel and follow pattern and that's me to a 't' .... hate undoing anything so pretend it's what I wanted anyway!!!! :)
teehee
But I only make teeny tiny things so unravel is never huge ?
Between you n ?me, the purse is longer than it should have been but, yes, I am pretending it was supposed to look like that - shhhhh, don’t tell anybody?

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Not new, we knew, now you k

teehee
But I only make teeny tiny things so unravel is never huge ?
Between you n ?me, the purse is longer than it should have been but, yes, I am pretending it was supposed to look like that - shhhhh, don’t tell anybody?
I love the purse it will hold more money and lippy!!( of course the colour is a given!)

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
I love the purse it will hold more money and lippy!!( of course the colour is a given!)

And the flecks are actually silver thread in the yarn - every purple needs a silver lining ?? Big smile

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I had a lovely day out today. The plan was to meet up with other 'Octopus for a preemie' co-ordinator and hand over the latest octopals. The meeting was in Norwich but on the way there was a 16 mile detour and it took ages to get there on single track roads, pausing at every wide stretch in the road. It took an extra hour. Saw one motorhome and I doubt he ever got through! It was mad and no diversion signs. However, still time for a bit of shopping and bought a few girlie bits, new nail varnish, posh face cream etc. Came home via the A11 not wanting to repeat the ordeal of this morning.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well was hoping to make little money with crafts but it takes me sooo long .. no chance. :(

Now to make clothes for her.

20190902_143334.jpg

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Yes ... I started off as usual with a pattern ... went wrong and ended up doing own thing most of time. I am RUBBISH with patterns! :)
Almost following Patterns !!! The land of good intentions ?
I am not alone ???
Ps loved the dolly and the cupcakes and the super shawl and.. and ... and ...

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Still making little things... keyring purse... next one will be different I suffer from that thing where I
Find pattern
Follow pattern
Think I know better
Blunder on for a few rows
Realise I am not the god of crochet
Unravel
Follow pattern
Try new thing next time.
Two too many rows on this one? What you think?

?

patternView attachment 328035

looks perfect to me :)

At knit and natter I finished the Jackfield Tile bag and also finished off the sweater I was doing, need to press it. Also did a couple of rounds on a "Commit to Knit" hat. I'm certainly using up the odds and ends of yarn on the hats.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Snap Joy I start off with good intentions but always end up doing it my way as I can’t follow the pattern
Almost following Patterns !!! The land of good intentions ?
I am not alone ???

For small things (like the hats) I do the first one according to the pattern and after that I have better ideas. All are wearable though :)

It's a good way to try out "new to me" stitches as far as I am concerned.

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
I had a lovely day out today. The plan was to meet up with other 'Octopus for a preemie' co-ordinator and hand over the latest octopals. The meeting was in Norwich but on the way there was a 16 mile detour and it took ages to get there on single track roads, pausing at every wide stretch in the road. It took an extra hour. Saw one motorhome and I doubt he ever got through! It was mad and no diversion signs. However, still time for a bit of shopping and bought a few girlie bits, new nail varnish, posh face cream etc. Came home via the A11 not wanting to repeat the ordeal of this morning.
Did you get to meet your coordinator in the end? I sent 40 in recently (makes from April to mid July) 12 went to Angels as there were holes at the decreases. I'm trying another way of decreasing now. Fiona thinks it may be something to do with my arthritic thumbs so the different method may help ??‍♀️

I finished the Jackfield Tile bag and also finished off the sweater I was doing, need to press it. Also did a couple of rounds on a "Commit to Knit" hat. I'm certainly using up the odds and ends of yarn on the hats.
Pics please!

Aug 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 615 af
Exp
2 weeks
Hi Crochet corner, can i come in too please?! I am quite new to crochet too but am very determined, i generally unravel more than i do but want to get to grips with patterns (as i am rubbish at making things up!) and trying to do some amigurumi animals for my grandaughter which aren't going too badly so far.........!

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Crochet corner, can i come in too please?! I am quite new to crochet too but am very determined, i generally unravel more than i do but want to get to grips with patterns (as i am rubbish at making things up!) and trying to do some amigurumi animals for my grandaughter which aren't going too badly so far.........!

Welcome to the thread! You’re not alone, I think a lot of us undo more of our work than actually makes it to completion ;)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Here it is decorated but I’m not sure whether I like it.

Do you think it would be better plain of with an alternative decoration like buttons or bows for example? TIA View attachment 328977View attachment 328978

I like it. You can get tiny lights on copper wire, too, which should work.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back