Garry - June

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Pershore, Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
That because there is already Common area travel agreement and Ireland is not in Schengen
Still a separate agreement between an EU country and a non EU country whichever way you look at it.... My point being countries can make bi lateral agreements

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Broken Link Removed
Don't think that will work for Spain. If you are there for more than 90 days you are supposed to register for residency. Why would they seek an agreement with the UK which ignores this.

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Broken Link Removed
Interesting. The UK would have to have a reciprocal arrangement, you would have to ask to stay and you could not come back through another country.

So a possible way to stay in one country longer than 90 days

Garry - June

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
Don't think that will work for Spain. If you are there for more than 90 days you are supposed to register for residency. Why would they seek an agreement with the UK which ignores this.
Not 90 days....its 183 days..Plus as i said the UK has already stated EU nationals can remain in the UK for up to six months.. all it would require is for Spain or Portugal to offer the same..

Personally i think once a trade deal is thrashed out this will be done pretty quickly..

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Not 90 days....its 183 days..Plus as i said the UK has already stated EU nationals can remain in the UK for up to six months.. all it would require is for Spain or Portugal to offer the same..

Personally i think once a trade deal is thrashed out this will be done pretty quickly..
You are confusing residency and tax (fiscal) residency.
Over 90 days residency required. Over 183 days required to pay tax.

Chris CM

Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
What if!...

I fly from manchester to Gibraltar 🇬🇮. Get in my little boat, zip to the nearest Spanish Marina and get in my car. Who would know 🤷‍♂️.

Bond,Janes Bond
In my earlier life I was a Customs then Border Force Officer and, yes you’re right small boats/yachts were always the weak link in our controls, just look how many are milling around the various South Coast ports on a sunny weekend and I’m sure it’s the same in Gib and Spain!

Apr 26, 2016
Preston
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Their are border posts at the Crotian Border at least at the three different ones we have used. In both directions so easy to log you out of Shengen and back in. Hope that helps.

Apr 26, 2016
Preston
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
PS, just make sure they stamp you passport both ways.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

It is 90 consecutive days in any eu country & residency is obtained. Whether it is required to be applied for or not.
183 cumulative days is tax residency .
You can be a 'resident ' without being tax resident & 'tax resident ' without being a resident.
The UK never required anyone to register for residency.Spain does .they can't change to 6 months without changing their laws.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Im starting to think many of fun members have Alzheimer's

I could have sworn this same discussion has been posted dozens of times

And still people think theres going to be some miracle change to the already agreed 90 days in any 180

There won't be

Simply because for the mast majority that's more than enough

There are lots of country's outwith shengen....covid permitting i may well explore a few of them once i hit 60/70 days next year .....if i spend a few months in them it will pad out my stay.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Because they need tourists,,In many resorts during winter Snowbirds is the main revenue, BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Im starting to think many of fun members have Alzheimer's

I could have sworn this same discussion has been posted dozens of times

And still people think theres going to be some miracle change to the already agreed 90 days in any 180

There won't be

Simply because for the mast majority that's more than enough

There are lots of country's outwith shengen....covid permitting i may well explore a few of them once i hit 60/70 days next year .....if i spend a few months in them it will pad out my stay.
It's winter where the problem is,,Spain,Portugal and Morrocco are really the only sunny options.BUSBY.

Garry - June

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
You are confusing residency and tax (fiscal) residency.
Over 90 days residency required. Over 183 days required to pay tax.
Yes you may be correct....but i know of not one single person who has ever been told to get residency after 90 days....having come from the boating world i spent whole winters in Spanish marinas along with countless others ...6 mths contracts from Oct to April and nobody was ever asked to take residency..

Garry - June

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
Because they need tourists,,In many resorts during winter Snowbirds is the main revenue, BUSBY.
You may be right but thats not just UK snowbirds....take a look around...there are plenty of French, Dutch Swedish and German vans to keep them ticking over...thinking they wont cope without Brits is a joke...

Garry - June

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
In my earlier life I was a Customs then Border Force Officer and, yes you’re right small boats/yachts were always the weak link in our controls, just look how many are milling around the various South Coast ports on a sunny weekend and I’m sure it’s the same in Gib and Spain!
Hence why you cannot get a marina berth in Gib for Love nor Money.....however Morocco have cottoned on to this pretty quickly and are investing heavily in new and updated marinas their side of the coast..

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
This is for UK Citizens who have acquired Residence or Permanent Residence Permits in a Schengen country

This is the position advised by the Polish government for UK Citzens in Polandand I assume will alsoapply to those in other countries.

Those who are issued with Residence Permits based on their residence in the country before the end of the Transition Period will be issued with Permits showing that they are issued under the terms of the Withdrawal Agreement. Those with Permits issued before will need to apply to get the Withdrawak Agreement terms included in the new Permit.

The effect of the new Permits are that as well as permitting travel outside one's host country within Schengen for 90/180 days that when crossing into another Schengen country certain rules will apply under the Withdrawal Agreement.

The holders of the relevant permits wil not need an ETIAS form, they can pass through the channel for EU Citizens and they will not have documents stamped. It is not clear whether the documents will be scanned.

The rights of holders of Permanent Residents to travel unconstrained by the 90/180 days rule in all Schengen countries.is uncertain.

Geoff

Geoff

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No doubt at ports and airpors and at the land border with Andorra, as the French are, not checking passports there but certainly booze and cigarettes.

Geoff
We've had a couple of checks when exiting Andorra into France as well as when entering Andorra from Spain once too. As you say when exiting the other countries are only interested in cigarette and booze purchases to ensure you don't go over the 'export' allowance ... obviously how much you buy depends on how well you are able to hide stuff in your MH! :giggle:
You can put your planned dates into this Schengen calculator and see if it works out.

That's assuming your exit from Schengen into Croatia and return into the area are recorded. I've no experience of crossing into Croatia - are passports scanned on the border?
I know the number of days work, I also have no experience of the Croatian borders and was wondering if anyone knew anymore than you or me! Thanks though.
Croatia does check you on entering as we had our details checked when we went there a few years ago.

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
Just following the posts with interest.
Am I right in assuming that next year if I start a trip to Europe on let’s say the 1st May staying 30 days in France /Germany before moving into say Croatia for the next say 60 days then after that moving into Italy for say 30days .
Am I right to say that as long as I can prove that I’ve been in Croatia for the 60 days I will have 30 days spare from my 180 allowance ?

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Am I right in assuming that next year if I start a trip to Europe on let’s say the 1st May staying 30 days in France /Germany before moving into say Croatia for the next say 60 days then after that moving into Italy for say 30days .
Am I right to say that as long as I can prove that I’ve been in Croatia for the 60 days I will have 30 days spare from my 180 allowance ?

Yes 👍 I think so.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Its only Brits who will be restricted, it' not a total ban. The Germans, French, Dutch, Belgians and Scandanavians will all still be here....its not a ban on tourists, just a few.....haven't read or heard the Spanish media reporting on the pending DOOM of restricting Brits to 90 days.
We live in Spain, we have Spanish residents permit, pay our taxes here, Brexit has restricted us too, we can only have 90 days in any 180, in Schengen countries outside Spain. OK we will not pass any borders, however the law remains.....

Last edited:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I have to say there are not many people in the world that i truly despise ...but that hypocritical smug witch i would happily see burned at the stake.

And to make the excuse that " we are carrying out the will of the british people "

No

You're carrying out the will of those stupid enough to believe that people like her own parents are the cause of Britain's problems.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yes
Screenshot_20200927-073213_Chrome.jpg

Any of the green or grey countries are outwith shengen

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Its only Brits who will be restricted, it' not a total ban. The Germans, French, Dutch, Belgians and Scandanavians will all still be here....its not a ban on tourists, just a few.....haven't read or heard the Spanish media reporting on the pending DOOM of restricting Brits to 90 days.
We live in Spain, we have Spanish residents permit, pay our taxes here, Brexit has restricted us too, we can only have 90 days in any 180, in Schengen countries outside Spain. OK we will not pass any borders, however the law remains.....
I agree ...ive said that many times before , on any of my travels including this one brits are vastly outnumbered by other nationalities .....on this one spot in greece theres around 100 vans ....there is 1 irish , 3 english and 1 Scot ...
The rest are french , german , dutch, polish .....oh and a couple of Aussies

Their movement wont Stop

The belief that countries will somehow make special arrangements for british is like that fairystory about bmw and mercedes influencing a dream deal with eu 🤣🤣

A lemon was sold and unfortunately those now eating it just hate to admit it was bitter

Last edited:

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I agree ...ive said that many times before , on any of my travels including this one brits are vastly outnumbered by other nationalities .....on this one spot in greece theres around 100 vans ....there is 1 irish , 3 english and 1 Scot ...
The rest are french , german , dutch, polish .....

Their movement wont Stop

The belief that countries will somehow make special arrangements for british is like that fairystory about bmw and mercedes influencing a dream deal with eu 🤣🤣

A lemon was sold and unfortunately those now eating it just hate to admit it was bitter
Exactly as we see it, so many times we hear, "Spain needs us", well of course they do, and will continue to welcome Brits, but during the winter the Brit visitors will be spread out over this season, 3 months in one bash if you want.....
Spain will not suffer from the lack of Summer Holidaymakers, the family holidays, hotels filled, bars and eateries doing a good trade, day trips, people buying, spending their hard earned cash on their annual fortnight......this is how the money is made....campsites make a good living with snowbirds, but nothing like the turnover of the summer spenders....and Spain gets very little to boost it's GDP from the wild campers who clog the streets or waste ground, shopping at Lidl and eating at the Chino.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back