LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We're heading to Lancashire towards the end of August. We've not been there before but could be spending 4 days there. What would you do to see the highlights?

We've had several trips to the Lake District and know the NY Dales pretty well. Time to see what the land of the red rose can offer :)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Horrible place. Yorikshire is much better :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Horrible place. Yorikshire is much better :)

On oath, I am obliged to defend York. However, I do not know what Lancashire is like so I cannot say if Yorkshire is much better ;)

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Time to change your mind, Yorkshire’s much better.:D

I've got to be in the deep Lancashire on the Monday and again on the Thursday. We spend lots of time in Yorkshire and don't want to miss out on the highlights of Lancashire ... Clitheroe & the Trough of Bowland look beautiful, I've heard good things about the Ribble valley and am tempted to visit the coast - I prefer natural coastlines but would consider Morecombe and Blackpool for a few hours - even if to say "once is enough".

We're thinking of taking our mountain bikes and will have a look for some trails.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I've got to be in the deep Lancashire on the Monday and again on the Thursday. We spend lots of time in Yorkshire and don't want to miss out on the highlights of Lancashire ... Clitheroe & the Trough of Bowland look beautiful, I've heard good things about the Ribble valley and am tempted to visit the coast - I prefer natural coastlines but would consider Morecombe and Blackpool for a few hours - even if to say "once is enough".

We're thinking of taking our mountain bikes and will have a look for some trails.
Still time.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Still time.

OK, OK, I will confess; as much as I love Yorkshire, we have to be up in Lancashire and can't spend any more than 12 hours in Yorkshire this time as I am trying to escape from my sister-in-law, parents-in-law and sister who all live there. We want to have a good time without being harangued by the family.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
OK, OK, I will confess; as much as I love Yorkshire, we have to be up in Lancashire and can't spend any more than 12 hours in Yorkshire this time as I am trying to escape from my sister-in-law, parents-in-law and sister who all live there. We want to have a good time without being harangued by the family.
Sorry, read the above several times even ran it through a computer software program which analysers excuses but it still comes up as a poor decision.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Sorry, read the above several times even ran it through a computer software program which analysers excuses but it still comes up as a poor decision.

Wait until you have met them ;)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Dont be fooled by them Yarkys, its a dark dismal place on tother side of them Pennines :cautious:.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Dont be fooled by them Yarkys, its a dark dismal place on tother side of them Pennines :cautious:.

I don't think that the Yarkys said otherwise. I was just hoping to see what it is like for myself ;) Do I need to bring a torch and wetsuit to Lancashire?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I don't think that the Yarkys said otherwise. I was just hoping to see what it is like for myself ;) Do I need to bring a torch and wetsuit to Lancashire?

Nah, bring your sun glasses and factor 30. Lancashire is on the sunny side of the street.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
And make sure yer jabs are up to date.

Oh, and I think they have leccy in some parts now :)

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Nah, bring your sun glasses and factor 30. Lancashire is on the sunny side of the street.

I'm glad that you say that. These pesky weather forecasts are always wrong ... Broken Link Removed

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Ey up. Rivington, Adlington, Parbold, back roads up to Garstang, across t'Ribble and up to clitheroe and Pendle and back through the Trough of Bowland. (y)

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
A tour is coming together. Now looking for great campsites. We like basic sites - we don't need club houses, manicured lawns or white pegs. We do like pretty locations, local food and ingredients and enjoy sampling local ales.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Marl Barn. Tosside, Forest of Bowland. Handy for Gisburn if you’re got the bikes with you.
B60E7B0B-35E0-413D-A077-876EBEC33033.jpeg

Jul 2, 2017
Pr9 9qs
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 670sl
Exp

Don't forget to do Ribchester lovely place. If in skipton go to the pie shop, down by canal to die for haha drooling

Silas

Free Member
May 1, 2018
Stafford
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
One month
We went to Barley last week. MH friendly car park and the right place to climb up Pendle Hill. Highly recommended.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
when this sort of thread comes up , i always find it unbelievable how many people have not been to blackpool, i used to think everyone had been to the illuminations

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Many years ago, as I young man holidaying in Magaluf, Majorca, I met this lovely lady from Blackpool. She said that Magaluf was like Blackpool, but better, so I've never bothered going to Blackpool :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back