LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Ive been watching Kinging it Craig and Aimee for a while now.
They are both a good balance of absolute cranks, and average van convertors. They are a breath of weird fresh air and their back story of how they met and overcome issues is to be admired.

Course like most youtubers there is clickbait and sponsorship but you gotta love em.
Some of the places they hit can give some tips..NC500, France etc but overall its their "playful" banter and cock ups that makes it. Even if it is "how not " to do some things

Last edited:

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Yeah, weā€™ve been watching them for a while. Enjoy it, light hearted. Fair play they are following their dreams. They have both had life changing health issues in the past I believe so good on em. They must be doing ok with a you tube/merchandise income as well.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

A typical 'social media' comment. Except you can get away with that stuff on Facebook, not here.

What does "and" add to the conversation?

Does a smart-arse comment like "and" encourage others to post?

Take some time away from this place, you might appreciate what we have here and miss it. or not. I'm happy with either outcome.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Have not watched them so will have a look..I have been enjoying TREAD THE GLOBE on YouTube...Really enjoying them..For anyone who hasn't looked they are a Brit couple attempting to drive around the world..but they have been stuck in Turkey now for nearly a year due to Covid..BUSBY.

Storr

Free Member
Aug 9, 2011
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
Is it just me that read the 'And?' comment as referring to the fact that the initial post was incomplete? I suspect that the OP was aware of this, as I note that the final sentence was subsequently added. A rather unjust visit to Coventry IMHO.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
See how rude one-word answers are!

If fullfat's late night addition to the thread wasn't as intentionally rude as I suspect it was, he might say as much if he answers the email I sent to him that he read this morning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tombola

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I suspect that the OP was aware of this
Not true, I always post then think oh should have made it clear and add bits as im sure lots do.
After I posted and re read it I thought oh peope will think they make mistakes (which they do we all do) so then thought I add the last bit. Didnt think anyone had posted even in between tbh. Was a couple mins.

EDIT.....Like this one I have just editied it after reading it because I realied I started it with "no mate not true"

double edit , Ill make sure to add "edit" in future :giggle:

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
During lockdown I've been enjoying life vicariously through a few vanlife YouTubers as we can't get away in our van. I have to say they've brightened my dark days with their different accounts and adventures. They come from all walks of life and different countries. I thoroughly enjoy this new to me form of entertainment. So thanks for sharing Tombola.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I must have missed it ... where is their gas stored?

OP
OP
Tombola

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
It was in the boot, but not sure if the moved it when the installed a newer water tank
1614540583848.png

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Whilst doing my research, before buying our van, I spent hours looking at things like this.

Some I still look at others I dropped. However, even some of the Youtubers that people didnā€™t particularly find enjoyable / entertaining etc I did get some good information from. Places they find to visit and stay is a big plus.

If I donā€™t like it I just stop watching......not seen this one before so I think Iā€™ll give it a go. (y)

Mar 8, 2021
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr E599
Exp
I saw their bus in Findhorn last year, but I never saw them though. I've been following them for over a year and a half now.

For the avid watchers, you'll notice that the fuel cap is missing and they left it at the garage at Applecross.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 18.41.47.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 18.41.47.png
    3 MB · Views: 10

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I watch a few VanLife 'tubers inc Kingingit due and of course Custard :) In fact to be honest YouTube has taken over telly time now
Project Amber is worthy a watch too
He converted an ambulance that has been slowly dying a death and is now about to change the engine and gearbox
He is not a mechanic but willing to try anything

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I watch a few VanLife 'tubers inc Kingingit due and of course Custard :) In fact to be honest YouTube has taken over telly time now
Project Amber is worthy a watch too
He converted an ambulance that has been slowly dying a death and is now about to change the engine and gearbox
He is not a mechanic but willing to try anything
I watched one the other day,the guy is an idiot. He didn't even know how to pronounce Loch Lomond. I'm talking about the guy that's killed his ex ambulance.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
IMHO too many "Van Lifers" trying to get on the You tube band wagon these days, they have watched the others bought all the kit, cameras, drones, microphones, sticking "we are on You Tube on their vans etc...all the gear no idea springs to mind.
1st & foremost for me is the personality, do I like them?, or do they get on my nerves?
2nd is content, is the "story" interesting, is it providing a researched insight in what they are trying to portray?
3rd is the 6 hours plus editing worth the effort per 30 minute video?
4th, most seem to spend every daylight hour filming, expecting people around them to want to be included in their You Tube upload.
The list goes on, but if you dont have the right approach to offering something "refreshing" dont waste your time & money.
I could draw a long list of YouTube "Vloggers" that I have watched until they ran out of steam, but I wont.
When you see the amount of dosh most vloggers get for their efforts from You Tube these days, it amazing to me how many more are willing to give their lives up in trying.
Offering stickers, "Merch" as they call it, getting subscribers and "Patrons" always amuses me, subscribe now, ring the bell, etc doesn't work unless you have something different to offer, and your videos are providing an "Educational Value"
Unlike most of us, touring a new place is an adventure and is shared only with ourselves, perhaps a few pictures with narrative so we dont forget in time, but these "Vloggers" spend their whole time filming to present to their audience, hoping to get more & more viewings to earn more money.
I have recently found one You Tube Vlogger that just does one pan meals involving Eggs, no drone footage, no commentary, just a camera with mic placed on their kitchen worktop, so we can hear the chopping & mixing of ingrediants, you never see what they look like, or what country they are are from. They get 1-2 million viewing per recipe, and earn after You Tube deductions over 650 thousand US dollars a year.
I think the KISS formula as far as You Tube Vlogging is concerned really works, plus of course the "Click Bait" option of showing your body is another option.;)
I do however think that many You Tubers are better presenters in their field than so many "celebs" we see on TV, maybe that's another one of their dreams....to be discovered, I am sure it happens, but not to all that try so hard if their model/personality does not fit.

LES

Last edited:

Hastingsranger

Free Member
Nov 28, 2017
Hastings
Funster No
MH
Hymer swing
Exp
Newbie, previously campervan 3 yrs
IMHO too many "Van Lifers" trying to get on the You tube band wagon these days, they have watched the others bought all the kit, cameras, drones, microphones, sticking "we are on You Tube on their vans etc...all the gear no idea springs to mind.
1st & foremost for me is the personality, do I like them?, or do they get on my nerves?
2nd is content, is the "story" interesting, is it providing a researched insight in what they are trying to portray?
3rd is the 6 hours plus editing worth the effort per 30 minute video?
4th, most seem to spend every daylight hour filming, expecting people around them to want to be included in their You Tube upload.
The list goes on, but if you dont have the right approach to offering something "refreshing" dont waste your time & money.
I could draw a long list of YouTube "Vloggers" that I have watched until they ran out of steam, but I wont.
When you see the amount of dosh most vloggers get for their efforts from You Tube these days, it amazing to me how many more are willing to give their lives up in trying.
Offering stickers, "Merch" as they call it, getting subscribers and "Patrons" always amuses me, subscribe now, ring the bell, etc doesn't work unless you have something different to offer, and your videos are providing an "Educational Value"
Unlike most of us, touring a new place is an adventure and is shared only with ourselves, perhaps a few pictures with narrative so we dont forget in time, but these "Vloggers" spend their whole time filming to present to their audience, hoping to get more & more viewings to earn more money.
I have recently found one You Tube Vlogger that just does one pan meals involving Eggs, no drone footage, no commentary, just a camera with mic placed on their kitchen worktop, so we can hear the chopping & mixing of ingrediants, you never see what they look like, or what country they are are from. They get 1-2 million viewing per recipe, and earn after You Tube deductions over 650 thousand US dollars a year.
I think the KISS formula as far as You Tube Vlogging is concerned really works, plus of course the "Click Bait" option of showing your body is another option.;)
I do however think that many You Tubers are better presenters in their field than so many "celebs" we see on TV, maybe that's another one of their dreams....to be discovered, I am sure it happens, but not to all that try so hard if their model/personality does not fit.

LES
You've thought long and hard about this, we all choose to live our lives in different ways and if "YouTube" is your thing, then good on them! at the end of the day it's just like the tv, if you don't like it , then turn over or switch off, but for me , free entertainment when there's Harry Potter or 007 AGAIN!!! On the box is no bad thing. But I'm very sad, over the years I've bought 4 "merch" t shirtsšŸ˜€

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back