Rally Chat Karaoke /Disco /Bingo (1 Viewer)

Feb 20, 2022
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 599 sport
Exp
Im a newbie
Putting feelers out on peoples thoughts about the above at a rally .Is it something people enjoy or hate .It is supposed to be Fun .Any serious answers thoughts etc .

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Karaoke fine if you have singers, backing music ok as er um backing music.

Disco can be good, can be too loud to chat over however if turned down as required ok backing music.

Bingo ok don't take long, could even be an afternoon thing?

Just my thoughts - in answer to the question don't sing don't dance and don't play bingo, of the 3 disco appeals the most.

I've found if people don't like it they can do something else.

Best of luck.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Some will love those things but others won't so no simple answer but perhaps pointing out that no-one should feel obligated to take part & that those that want a quiet stay can be pitched away from the action if they request this when booking then it should appeal to a wider group of Funsters :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
As Karen Wombles says, some will enjoy them and others not so if you’re organising a rally and there’s going to be a lot of those types of things it’s probably worth mentioning in the write-up. Rallies are always popular and fill up quickly so you’d then get people who enjoy those sorts of activities. They aren’t my cup of tea because I’m a miserable old bag.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
As Karen Wombles says, some will enjoy them and others not so if you’re organising a rally and there’s going to be a lot of those types of things it’s probably worth mentioning in the write-up. Rallies are always popular and fill up quickly so you’d then get people who enjoy those sorts of activities. They aren’t my cup of tea because I’m a miserable old bag.
I'm such a miserable old git I haven't been to a rally in years.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The thing about Fun rallies is they are all different due to being organised by ourselves and not a commitee(y)

You can adapt to suit what people want, as said some will love it and other will just stay away from things they dont want to participate in.
Bingo is ok if it's just a few games and quick.
Karaoke ok and can be a laugh.
General music is often a feature on our rallies along with the live music off some of the Funsters.
Quiz are ok but some can stretch out to long. I prefer free for fun one's. When is money is involved people can take it to serious.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
What is music bingo ??
Music bingo is a fun spin on traditional bingo that allows your guests to jam out to snippets of their favourite songs while playing competitively against other music lovers! Also, there is an alternative version of this game called Drum Bingo. In this game, you only use drums, instruments like this one.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Bucket bingo can be fun especially later in the evening.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Dead easy - everyone has a number (raffle ticket etc.
Everyone starts up at the start.
The caller pulls out a number from said bucket.
As your number is called out you sit down.
Last person standing is the winner.

A bit like musical chairs without the exercise then, sounds good to me! :LOL:

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Dead easy - everyone has a number (raffle ticket etc.
Everyone starts up at the start.
The caller pulls out a number from said bucket.
As your number is called out you sit down.
Last person standing is the winner.
the way weve always played it is in true bingo fashion, if your bingo card has a number drawn out, you sit down - works so much better as its a lot quicker especially with 30 or 40 people playing, just one person sitting down at a time could last well over 20 minutes or so ...

Sep 7, 2018
Buntingford
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Platinum
Exp
Since 2019
Obviously everyone is different as are the rally venues. Therefore, I think, decisions about any events need to be made by public vote from those attending the rally.
Personally, we attend rallies at locations we want to visit and tend to do our own thing. Members should be free to do what they wish and not criticised for not getting involved in organised events they are not interested in, (as per the other club we belong to)!

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Obviously everyone is different as are the rally venues. Therefore, I think, decisions about any events need to be made by public vote from those attending the rally.
Personally, we attend rallies at locations we want to visit and tend to do our own thing. Members should be free to do what they wish and not criticised for not getting involved in organised events they are not interested in, (as per the other club we belong to)!
Absolutely. Nobody is ever forced to attend any meetings at a rally and I know some prefer not to meet in large groups and like smaller and more personal gatherings. In some cases the only motivation for a rally is location and value for money and those members should be welcomed to the club in the same way as the “party animals “ are welcomed 😂😂😂

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I like karaoke, it can be a good laugh, I like to play my guitar either solo or with others, but I’m also aware that whilst the ‘performers‘ might be having fun it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, although I have been known to even make miserable old bags have a good time too! If it’s mentioned as an integral part of the Rally then most people generally have a laugh. Had some marvellous times at Rally’s particularly when there have been several people taking part, don’t mind a bit of Bingo either so long as it doesn’t go on to long.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Okay, looks like I'm in the minority - hate them all although I wouldn't boycott a meet/rally if they were on offer, just make sure I'm parked well away from the "entertainment". Once got placed right next door to the marquee - aarghhh!
But if it's what floats your boat go for it, it's a free world. But PLEASE turn it down after 11.00 pm.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back