Just checking! Are we allowed to go out in our MH for day trips on 8 March to have a picnic? (Not in our local area)! (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
So for the avoidance of any doubt, before I go to work, ... is this a full 100 post argument or will it have moved on to a toilet thread by the time I get home ? 😃

When I looked on the CMC website it said they were waiting for guidance on whether they can open their toilet blocks on 12 April.

Always happy to oblige! :getmecoat:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Why do so many people want to bend the advice to suit themselves ??
If everyone had followed the "Stay at Home" advice in the first place we could be ot of this situation by now.
Those who have followed the advice are still suffering, along with everyone else, because of a minority who feel that they can do as they please and two fingers to everyone else
Please be patient and follow the advice, it is very simple, even I can understand it !!
Thanks
Joe

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
If everyone had followed the "Stay at Home" advice in the first place we could be ot of this situation by now.
Those who have followed the advice are still suffering, along with everyone else, because of a minority who feel that they can do as they please and two fingers to everyone else
Please be patient and follow the advice, it is very simple, even I can understand it !!
Thanks
Joe
Agree one hundred %. Cause they selfish and don't care about anyone but themselves !!!@

OP
OP
Cliffdale
Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Thanks
Joe
I'm not sure which bit of advice is being bent? The Government says clearly its ok to meet one other person in a public place after 8 March for a picnic.
So which bit is being bent?

I agree, stay local, 5 miles ish!

So its ok to meet daughter for a sandwich and coffee in a park parked up in the mh so i can use the loo and make sandwiches and coffee.

OP
OP
Cliffdale
Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
I think in this quote "ISH" is the relevant phrase.
I'm thinking of the 2 girls who travelled 5 miles and were slapped with a £200 fine because they had coffee from Costa I believe. The Police quashed it as its local travel.

As long as its within your town, village or city is the phrase used on Gov.uk

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
RIGHTY tighty
so I live about 10 miles from new Brighton which is my "go to" wild camp when I want to just nip off.
the other way Im say 15 miles from southport.
On 29th march am I allowed to go in my self contained van and sleep over ?
Cook me tea, take me dogs out, crack a red wine get me telly on, and generally just smile to myself all evening :)

OP
OP
Cliffdale
Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
RIGHTY tighty
so I live about 10 miles from new Brighton which is my "go to" wild camp when I want to just nip off.
the other way Im say 15 miles from southport.
On 29th march am I allowed to go in my self contained van and sleep over ?
Cook me tea, take me dogs out, crack a red wine get me telly on, and generally just smile to myself all evening :)

Not really! Local travel is removed on 29 March, so I could travel to 25 miles to Falmouth for a picnic! I would return home that day though, ( as I understand the government guidelines), assuming no change to ending lockdown restrictions.

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
I'm not sure which bit of advice is being bent? The Government says clearly its ok to meet one other person in a public place after 8 March for a picnic.
So which bit is being bent?

I agree, stay local, 5 miles ish!

So its ok to meet daughter for a sandwich and coffee in a park parked up in the mh so i can use the loo and make sandwiches and coffee.
My point is the original post said "Not Local", and i made reference to the original lockdown idiots

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
The dates being quoted are the earliest dates for easing restrictions, provided that the four measurement criteria have been met. The actual dates could be later than that, either slightly or substantially. Chickens, hatching and eggs come to mind when people start jumping on the dates and making plans.

OP
OP
Cliffdale
Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
My point is the original post said "Not Local", and i made reference to the original lockdown idiots
Point taken! If I could change the title I would. As things have evolved, I would say its ok from 8 March to go for a picnic in the MH 'locally' to meet up with one other person to have a picnic.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
The dates being quoted are the earliest dates for easing restrictions, provided that the four measurement criteria have been met. The actual dates could be later than that, either slightly or substantially. Chickens, hatching and eggs come to mind when people start jumping on the dates and making plans.

Especially, when that date is 8 March!

Ian

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
The original dates last year were very much stuck to . The 4th of July was the first possible date in 2020 to go camping and that happened . We now have a vaccine roll out working at a great pace . The daily deaths are much lower than a few weeks ago and all the data looks good
Why would the dates be put back ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cliffdale
Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
The original dates last year were very much stuck too . The 4th of July was the first possible date in 2020 to go camping and that happened . We now have a vaccine roll at working at a great pace . The daily deaths are much lower than a few weeks ago and all the data looks good
Yes, I agree.. 8 March, a couple of weeks. I doubt Covid will plummet recovery in the next 2 weeks. Maybe after the kids go back to school but that's another story!!! Its a case of lets see what happens.

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
We have basically been locked up for 12 months so is it really that much of an issue to hang on for another couple of weeks im desperate to go away and had booked up all over Easter but honestly let's just hang on and hopefully all will be good by the time summer arrives

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
The original dates last year were very much stuck to . The 4th of July was the first possible date in 2020 to go camping and that happened . We now have a vaccine roll out working at a great pace . The daily deaths are much lower than a few weeks ago and all the data looks good
Because they are the earliest envisaged dates according to the roadmap. They are not set in stone and the government have decided, quite wisely IMO, that each stage will be subject to meeting four tests rather than being solely date driven.

Yes, the data looks promising, but the effects of reopening education and other derestrictions are yet to be measured, infection rates are still relatively high, and according to some scientific opinion could take us back to the December peak in less than a month if too much is done too soon.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Because they are the earliest envisaged dates according to the roadmap. They are not set in stone and the government have decided, quite wisely IMO, that each stage will be subject to meeting four tests rather than being solely date driven.

Yes, the data looks promising, but the effects of reopening education and other derestrictions are yet to be measured, infection rates are still relatively high, and according to some scientific opinion could take us back to the December peak in less than a month if too much is done too soon.
Fair enough . Let’s all hope things go well and we can all get back out there soon 👍🏻

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back