LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
[FONT=&quot]we thank you for your e-mail, we are sorry for the inconvenience about the bank draft. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Of course it is possible to pay by cash .[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Looking forward to hearing from you[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Best regards[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Marina [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

You smooth talking devil, I'll bet you'll be in there chatting her up before you've even plugged in. I expected "no, if it was known our mail contained notes the Mafia would be round". Note the capital M in Mafia, due respect is shown to them.

It's looking good.

I make that 10 certain ones now.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
My deposit is on its way.:thumb: The guy behind the counter told me that there was no such thing as an Airsure service to Italy.:Doh: Told him it was on the Post Office website,:RollEyes: but he couldn't find it on his terminal.:Sad: The best he could offer for a letter to Italy was a Signed for International Airmail Letter, cost me £4.26, it should be delivered by Friday and I can track the letter on line.:Cool:
A group dinner at Garda sounds good to us Brian, count us in.:thumb:
Must also have a Pizza at Pisa.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Must also have a Pizza at Pisa.:ROFLMAO:

Apart from a slice if pizza whilst walking I don't think I've had one in Italy.

Love Spaghetti Carbonara.

And the first thing we ever ate in Italy, prochiuto e meloni, after a ride from Chamonix, we were sat outside Hotel Cannero , this >-< far from the lake Maggiore, lovely sunny afternoon, sipping a beer and eating this. There is a boat bus stop right outside the hotel, so great to just sit watching them come and go. They are pretty impressive at moring/unload/load/go on the lakes. Most impressive of all was the Italia paddle steamer on Garda because if you get one paddle going one way and the other going the other way it's like that stunt of parking a car between two close ones using the handbrake.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

leeks

Free Member
Sep 23, 2009
northumberland
Funster No
Exp
3 years
Can anyone give me the email address at Butterfly? No reply from them yet, but a reply from some agent. I don't know what's going on but I thought if I emailed at the same address you lucky people got an answer from I may find out if there is a problem and then solve it::bigsmile: and stop worrying.:Eeek:

Leeks

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
'info@campingbutterfly.it'

The RBS says £10 for a transfer that will arrive anytime between 5 to 10 working days, and £35 for a next day transfer,

S.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The RBS says £10 for a transfer that will arrive anytime between 5 to 10 working days, and £35 for a next day transfer,
S.

That's disgusting. The only way to make it take even 5 days is to deliberately hold it back for 4.5 days.

You can guess when the money leaves *your* account though.

leeks

Free Member
Sep 23, 2009
northumberland
Funster No
Exp
3 years
Got a reply from Butterfly. 50 Euro sent and the game is afoot.

Leeks:thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi with paypal you can send money to recipient with just their email, and its free, so couldn't you use that system to the money to the site?

Olley

PS. just found this:

Sending less than £100…
The correct system depends on how much money you want to send. Online auction monolith eBay’s e-commerce payment system PayPal operates in 190 countries, in 18 currencies (see its list) and can be used for overseas money transfers. Both you and the recipient need an e-mail address (or just grab a free Gmail or Hotmail account) and to set up a free PayPal account.

Those who already use PayPal may have cash in it anyway. Newbies can simply add money via the credit card, debit card or bank account. The recipient then gets the money into their PayPal account.

Last edited:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Hi with paypal you can send money to recipient with just their email, and its free, so couldn't you use that system to the money to the site?

Olley

PS. just found this:

Sending less than £100…
The correct system depends on how much money you want to send. Online auction monolith eBay’s e-commerce payment system PayPal operates in 190 countries, in 18 currencies (see its list) and can be used for overseas money transfers. Both you and the recipient need an e-mail address (or just grab a free Gmail or Hotmail account) and to set up a free PayPal account.

Those who already use PayPal may have cash in it anyway. Newbies can simply add money via the credit card, debit card or bank account. The recipient then gets the money into their PayPal account.

When I e-mailed them last week I suggested that I could pay with PayPal if they were set up for it. They didn't take me up on it so I assumed they haven't set up an account. Shame; it would be so convenient.
Sent cash by 'registered' post this morning.

John

onion

Free Member
Nov 12, 2009
scotland
Funster No
Exp
A proposed meeting here:

Link Removed

We have visited once. A delightful small site, mainly statics, so advanced booking for a group would be needed. We would all book individually around a common date.

May is a good time temperature wise and good prices, we got ACSI rates last year.

We would want a few days then move on to Malchesini, allegedly the prettiest town on Garda and not far away.

Autoroute says Peschiera is 750 miles from Calais. We normally stop twice. Around Metz ( just an aire ) and Luczern ( excellent camp by the lake, worth a trip in it's own right ).

I'll suggest a the route we used last time, if we meet on route good, if not does not matter.

OR a bit shorter - we meet Lake Maggiore and we'll move on to Garda later. Maggiore is totally delightful but we've done it four or five times now.

Any comments ?
Hi I'm interested in yr garder trip, going to italy 2010 & may sounds good to me, going to cassino which has a very good site & good train station with fast line service north & south, have been to italy many times as my family r from italy but never with a van so it would be good to have company. ONION also as DONCORLIEONION.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi I'm interested in yr garder trip, going to italy 2010 & may sounds good to me, going to cassino which has a very good site & good train station with fast line service north & south, have been to italy many times as my family r from italy but never with a van so it would be good to have company. ONION also as DONCORLIEONION.

>> DONCORLIEONION. :ROFLMAO:

Always good to have someone who know his onions. The route is here:
Link Removed

The schedule is here:
Link Removed

Deal is simple. A load of funsters are having an informal meet from 14-24 May 2010, some not that long, entirely up to the funster. Anyone who wants to join is very welcome and they should contact here:
Link Removed

The idea is to inspire people to visit Italy, so you have to go on the inspiration team.

I had an Uncle who won a medal at Cassino. A ridiculous battle it seems and he refused to collect his medal because he did not agree with war. So everyone a loser.

Any more questions, ask away.

Oct 1, 2009
Near Tenterden, Kent
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
Since 2009
Newbies here from Kent:thumb:.......hoping to buy our first M/H very early next year when our drive and barn are sorted.

Have started to trawl through this thread re Lake Garda and thought we would express our interest first and then get back to finish the reading.::bigsmile: It could be a long evening!!

I retired earlier this year after 40 years of beaming around the world in the steel industry. A great deal of my time was spent dealing with the steel mills in Brescia and Odolo so Desenzano, Sirmione and the Lakes became my second home. I must have been there well over 100 times and never got tired of the area....more recently I used to take my wife on my business trips and just left her to wander the area whilst I was in a grotty steel works a few miles away. We mostly stayed in Sirmione and we have a real love affair with the place......my wife (aka Imelda) also has a love affair with the shoe shops in Sirmione and Desenzano so guys...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.:Eeek:

It is possible to spend a week just traversing the lake on the ferries.....buy a daily rover tickets and enjoy the beautiful towns on the lake. As someone mentioned earlier, the trains in Italy are very good and they are inexpensive......there is a direct service from Desenzano to Venice....90 minutes IIRC. Verona is a taxi or bus ride and around 30 minutes.

When I have finished reading the thread, I will repost if I have anything to add....meantime please add us to the "possible" list.

Brent & Sue
Kent

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
When I have finished reading the thread, I will repost if I have anything to add....meantime please add us to the "possible" list.
Brent & Sue
Kent

You're on.

But not your wife. It would be foolish and irresponsible to have Imelda on board to put temptation in the way of the other women. She stays in the barn.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Italy lake Garda May 2010

Gulp..
She sounds like a dangerous woman
I think i'll leave my credit card at home -
I certainly don't need any encouragement:whistle:

Now, about those shops:ROFLMAO:

S.

bauldy

Free Member
May 13, 2009
bedworth
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
6 years
Don't think there is a limit....just give it a try.....get it out of the way.

Leeks

No limit at the post office they were quite happy to exchange euro 50.
Sent the deposit today so should arrive sometime next week.

laika

Free Member
Nov 28, 2009
Funster No
Lake garda

Hi Brian have you not thought of going through Austria instead of Swiss . would only cost you 8 euro instead of 40 francs and would drop you almost at Peschera much easier run regards .:Smile: Laika

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Brian have you not thought of going through Austria instead of Swiss . would only cost you 8 euro instead of 40 francs and would drop you almost at Peschera much easier run regards .:Smile: Laika

Not when I'm inviting folk to follow me. I've chosen a proven route that I know works. It would be different if I were on my own. But that does not stop anyone else going that way. We did go north from Garda a few years ago, the Brenner Pass is certainly magnificent, and going you would get to drive the length of Garda. I've not done that in a MH.

So many choices. Life is just not long enough.

PS: Nov 09 - Welcome to FUN and this thread.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Hello Garda Campers

We understand that most of you going to Garda in May are on a tight schedule:Angry:

but we thought we might publish our route , so that if, by chance, anyone wanted to pair up along the way or meet en-route, you have the choice.:thumb:

6 May: 1000 P & O ferry from Dover to Calais

6/7 May: <TABLE style="WIDTH: 143pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=191 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 143pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6985" width=191><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 20.1pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=26><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 143pt; HEIGHT: 20.1pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl24 height=26 width=191>www.la-paille-haute.com</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> Arras

8/9 May: <TABLE style="WIDTH: 143pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=191 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 143pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6985" width=191><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 20.1pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=26><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 143pt; HEIGHT: 20.1pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl24 height=26 width=191>www.camp-kocklescheuer.lu</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Luxembourg

10/11 May: <TABLE style="WIDTH: 143pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=191 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 143pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6985" width=191><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 20.1pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=26><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 143pt; HEIGHT: 20.1pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" class=xl24 height=26 width=191>www.europa-camping-sand.de</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Strasbourg

12/13 May; <TABLE style="WIDTH: 143pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=191 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 143pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6985" width=191><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 20.1pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=26><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 143pt; HEIGHT: 20.1pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl24 height=26 width=191>www.camping-international.ch</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Luzern

See you all in Luzern I hope, so we can trundle down to Garda en-route.

We are off to Cyprus::bigsmile:::bigsmile: next week till the new year, so Merry Xmas to all.:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Regards

Bill & Carole ( billkce)

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hello Garda Campers
We understand that most of you going to Garda in May are on a tight schedule:Angry:
but we thought we might publish our route , so that if, by chance, anyone wanted to pair up along the way or meet en-route, you have the choice.:thumb:
Bill & Carole ( billkce)

Who are you calling tight !!

The clue is in the name, The Italian Job. The purpose to infect people with Italy. So just get there with taste of Switzerland en route. And after a good dose of Garda and the surrounding attractions then switch to your touring mode.

Choice is good. Whatever is FUN for you is the absolute essential.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Bill & Carole

Hope you have a great Xmas and New Year in Cyprus.
Look forward to meeting you at Luzern in May.

Brian & Pam

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Like others we paid our deposit (€50 in cash) by Signed For International Airletter. It says you can track it, which is true but only until it leaves UK - fat lot of good that is :RollEyes:. Anyway, Mrs. JayDee was getting a bit twichy about whether Butterfly had received it or not, so she phoned them up. They have just confirmed by e-mail that they have indeed received the money and that they'll

'As soon as possible we send you our booking confirmation by e-mail.

Best regards
Lella'

So that's good.
Outward ferry is booked - Dover Calais 1000hrs / 10th. May.

So that's it - barring war, earthquake, flood, death or Lucy (the MH) packing up we'll see some of you at Luzerne and the rest of you at Butterfly.

By the way, Brian, dinner in an old factory sounds like fun. Lathe beds for tables and oil drums for seating?::bigsmile: Count us in.

John & Pat

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Like others we paid our deposit (€50 in cash) by Signed For International Airletter. It says you can track it, which is true but only until it leaves UK - fat lot of good that is :RollEyes:. Anyway, Mrs. JayDee was getting a bit twichy about whether Butterfly had received it or not, so she phoned them up. They have just confirmed by e-mail that they have indeed received the money and that they'll

Best regards
Lella'

Thanks for posting this JayDee, have been tracking my letter with no success for over a week now.:Doh: Getting a bit twitchy ourselves to say the least.:whatthe:
I will e-mail Camping Butterfly and ask them to confirm receipt.:Cool:
Look forward to meeting up with you at Luzern in May.:thumb:

Brisey (Brian & Pam)

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
By the way, Brian, dinner in an old factory sounds like fun. Lathe beds for tables and oil drums for seating?::bigsmile: Count us in.
John & Pat

This is Italy, not enough style in an oil drum. I really can't remember just what it was, bottling plant, wine plant, just big high place and done up in style. Mainly empty when we were there but we normally eat early so maybe the locals had not got there. Anyway, we'll all be walking past it to get into town so we can check it out and book when it suits us.

We had one meal in the camp restaurant, again it was empty yet the pitches were pretty full. But most of the site is statics with Eurocamp etc so May would be a quiet time for those.

Back to reality, I've just taken Harvey for a run and fill up, ready for the New Years do. We have a tricky drive to get out of, snow and we are in trouble.

leeks

Free Member
Sep 23, 2009
northumberland
Funster No
Exp
3 years

Best regards
Lella'

Thanks for posting this JayDee, have been tracking my letter with no success for over a week now.:Doh: Getting a bit twitchy ourselves to say the least.:whatthe:
I will e-mail Camping Butterfly and ask them to confirm receipt.:Cool:
Look forward to meeting up with you at Luzern in May.:thumb:

Brisey (Brian & Pam)

Glad the info is getting back to all, I was getting a bit twitchy myself

Leeks

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi all

ACSI Camping Card and book delivered this morning.:thumb:
Another step along the road to Garda completed.::bigsmile:

Brisey

bauldy

Free Member
May 13, 2009
bedworth
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
6 years
Received a e-mail today from camping butterfly, they have received my deposit and confirmed my booking, it was sent on the 28/11 thought it was never going to get there.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back