Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Revised route.

The original route used French tolls. I've just uploaded the revised one discussed further up the thread.

calais2garda20102.zip

Only difference is more northerly section to Metz. On any routing software just entering Calais/Namur/Metz/Luzern will probably be the same.

We'll have to see if Russell, who could do this blindfolded by now can come up with any improvements.

My choice is still to stop at Luzern but the I'm open to improvements in the route to there. Cheap is good.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
How much would one put a side for a trip like this? Just the basics.
campsite fees
fuel, 2.8jtd fiat ducatto
toll charge
ferry crossing
Bribe money
How much mileage would be gained on van?
cheers

I'm guessing at 2500/3000 from home. That's about £700 for us for diesel.
Tolls - £25 to the Swiss. Don't know about the rest. Stick £100 in.
Crossing, we've paid about £77 return with P&O.
Bribes - I'll PM you, must be in Swiss Francs or gold.
Campsite - not sure, anything from €15 to €30 a night, allow €25 and you should be ahead ( depends on how many of you of course )

So that's 700+100+77+***+750=1627 plus food/drink. Not bad for a month's holiday for two.

Or you pay £400 for a week or so package to Italy.

leeks

Free Member
Sep 23, 2009
northumberland
Funster No
Exp
3 years
I have got a reply from the camp site re availability of pitches, no problem with that, they sent a link for further details but the link is not working. Have others got a reply and is their link working. I have no details on what to do next with regard to booking. Help anyone? :Eeek:
Leeks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have got a reply from the camp site re availability of pitches, no problem with that, they sent a link for further details but the link is not working. Have others got a reply and is their link working. I have no details on what to do next with regard to booking. Help anyone? :Eeek:
Leeks.

Which campsite ?

Luzern replied very quickly with a "no problem".

Nothing from Butterfly. No panic. They are closed until March for camping. Think about panicking in February but I should think background office work will start up long before then.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sorry for being vague. The reply was from butterfly.
Leeks

<fx> Sobs uncontrollably. Not a pretty sight.

How did you contact them - web form or the address I gave ?

What was the link they gave ?</fx>

leeks

Free Member
Sep 23, 2009
northumberland
Funster No
Exp
3 years
I sent an email from the address you gave and asked them to acknowledge the receipt of the email, which they have just done.
I will copy out the link later if I can, not much good at this computer thingy.

However, I have now just typed there name into google and filled out an "official booking form", not sure what will happen now. We are trying to get this tied up now because we touring France, Spain and Portugal from the 6th of January and it may be tricky for us (me) to make arangments while on the road.

Leeks

leeks

Free Member
Sep 23, 2009
northumberland
Funster No
Exp
3 years
I have just received a reply telling me they have received my booking form and they will contact me asap. The site the reply came from is Link Removed

Leeks

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have just received a reply telling me they have received my booking form and they will contact me asap. The site the reply came from is Link Removed

Leeks

That looks like an agent. I'll keep waiting for the direct email to try and get us grouped together.

leeks

Free Member
Sep 23, 2009
northumberland
Funster No
Exp
3 years
Just tried it out from the link, it does not work from here, but type the whole thing in your browser, including the numbers and it does work.

Leeks

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have just deciphered the link that butterfly sent me

www.campingbutterfly.com/en/strutture/PITCH/dettaglo 6194 528 4.aspx

If I have copied it down correctly this will get you to the new price list and a booking form directly from butterfly. If not I will try again.

Leeks

Something wrong there, does not work here. Those spaces at the end are suspect. It might be caused by the annoying look up the editor performs on the address.

leeks

Free Member
Sep 23, 2009
northumberland
Funster No
Exp
3 years
Think it can be done this way. Put campingbutterfly.it into Google then click on Structures on the menu, then onto pitch. From there you can get the official booking form and prices.

Hope this works.

Leeks

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Leeks & Hilldweller

I did as you suggested Leeks and got through to Butterfly site. Try the following link.

Link Removed

Not panicking yet, chewing fingernails and getting low on Valium, but not panicking.:ROFLMAO:

Brisey

leeks

Free Member
Sep 23, 2009
northumberland
Funster No
Exp
3 years
Looks like there are many ways to skin a cat, anyway filled out the form and now waiting for reply. Unfortunately patience in not in my nature so I'll give it a week.

Leeks

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Think it can be done this way. Put campingbutterfly.it into Google then click on Structures on the menu, then onto pitch. From there you can get the official booking form and prices.
Hope this works.
Leeks

I got there in the end - very hopeful - 2010 prices shown but not with the ACSI card so should be less.

I did say there would be a group of about 10 from Motorhome Forum, UK Motorhomes, Motorhome Reviews, Motorcaravans, American RV, Motorhome Facts, Sales, Campsites

Thanks for the nudge.

Anyone else feels like a second go - go for it.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Italy lake Garda

Hi Leeks & Hilldweller

I did as you suggested Leeks and got through to Butterfly site. Try the following link.

Link Removed

Not panicking yet, chewing fingernails and getting low on Valium, but not panicking.:ROFLMAO:

Brisey

Have emailed the link above, just cut and pasted from my original email, and mentioning that would like the motorhome fun folk together.
Now the wait........:ROFLMAO:
S.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Now the wait........:ROFLMAO:
S.

Only five and a half months.

There's good fun to be had before then, like in one month.

I'll bet we get some wisecracks from Spain, as we listen to the brass monkeys sobbing in a field in Cheshire.

We could have the last laugh, I remember a couple of years ago going for a ride on a lovely sunny Jan 1st.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Only five and a half months. There's good fun to be had before then

True enough Brian, we still have three MCC rallies and a Funster Meet to attend before the end of the year.::bigsmile:
However we are really looking forward to some warm Italian sunshine.:Cool:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I got there in the end - very hopeful - 2010 prices shown but not with the ACSI card so should be less.

I did say there would be a group of about 10 from Motorhome Forum, UK Motorhomes, Motorhome Reviews, Motorcaravans, American RV, Motorhome Facts, Sales, Campsites

Thanks for the nudge.

Anyone else feels like a second go - go for it.

It's getting better.

Two replies from Butterfly today - first, no problem grouping us as motorhome fun, second a .doc booking form. So I'll fill it in and emphasise the fun bit.

Thanks Leeks - looks like they needed a nudge too.

So I am booking to arrive Friday 14th May 2010 and depart Monday 24th May 2010. Big smiles here. I'm just as excited as anyone who hasn't been before, maybe more so, such pleasant memories.

If you see this - you've just passed Butterfly

Attachments

• peschiera.jpg
    peschiera.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 17

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
No reply to our e-mail as yet Brian. :Sad::cry: Will try again next week if nothing is forthcoming.:Smile:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
No reply to our e-mail as yet Brian. :Sad::cry: Will try again next week if nothing is forthcoming.:Smile:

Here's what I got, not I'm on first name terms with Marina :RollEyes:

[FONT=&quot]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]thank you for your e-mail and for your interesting to our camping.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We have received a few e-mails from people of motorhome.fun, of course, it is possible to group together .<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The best way to book , is that each family send us an e-mail with the exactly date of their stay.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We remind you that a[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ll our places are about 75 mq. with electricity 6 ampere .[/FONT][FONT=&quot]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Herewith you can find our pricelist, we also suggest you to visit our web-site [/FONT]PIAZZOLA in Caorle: Camping-Butterfly-srl - PITCH<o:p></o:p>
[FONT=&quot]where you can find all the information about our camping.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For further information we stay at your disposal.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kind regards<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Marina<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]<o:p> </o:p>[/FONT]
<o:p>And ==========================</o:p>
<o:p>
</o:p>
[FONT=&quot]If you want to go on with the reservation we kindly ask you to fill the enclosed reservation form and to send us back.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are looking forward for your response, for further information we stay at your disposal.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kind regards,<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Camping Butterfly,<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Marina <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]<o:p>===============================
</o:p>[/FONT]

I attached the reservation form.doc can't see it before submitting.

PS can's see file, just added it to downloads.
<o:p> </o:p>

Last edited:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Brian

Thanks for the heads up, I can't see the form in the download section as yet.
As we are just about to set off for the weekend, I will try to sort it out on Monday.
Have a good weekend

Brisey

bauldy

Free Member
May 13, 2009
bedworth
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
6 years
I have just received my booking form and have filled it in and send it back.

we thank you for your request and we inform you that for the interested period from 14/05 to 20/05 we still have places available.
All our places are about 75 mq. with electricity 6 ampere .
The price with acsi card is of euro 15 per night 2 persons and electricity included.

If you want to go on with the reservation we kindly ask you to fill the enclosed reservation form and to send us back.

We are looking forward for your response, for further information we stay at your disposal.

Kind regards,
Camping Butterfly,
Marina

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
we thank you for your request and we inform you that for the interested period from 14/05 to 20/05 we still have places available.
All our places are about 75 mq. with electricity 6 ampere .
The price with acsi card is of euro 15 per night 2 persons and electricity included.

Camping Butterfly,
Marina

€15 a night. Now that is good news.

Damn the hussy - on first names with you too. These hot blooded latins, she'll have us all given half a chance.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Italy lake Garda

I GOT A REPLY ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

we thank you for your request and we inform you that we already have received a few e-mail about your group, of course we will group together.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
For the interested period from 14/05 to 20/05 we still have places available. <o:p></o:p>
All our places are about 75 mq. with electricity 6 ampere .<o:p></o:p>
The price with acsi card is of euro 15 per night 2 persons and electricity included.<o:p></o:p>
If you want to go on with the reservation we kindly ask you to fill the enclosed reservation form and to send us back.<o:p></o:p>
We are looking forward for your response, for further information we stay at your disposal.<o:p></o:p>
Kind regards,<o:p></o:p>
Camping Butterfly,<o:p></o:p>
Marina

YIPPEEEEEEEEE S.<o:p></o:p>

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Brian

Thanks for the heads up, I can't see the form in the download section as yet.
As we are just about to set off for the weekend, I will try to sort it out on Monday.
Have a good weekend

Brisey

Finger trouble I guess, but it's in the travel section now.

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Hi Brian
Tesco chunnel booked for Sunday 9 May
Sent a booking request for 12th - 24th May to Butterfly but not had a reply yet
Happy Daze
Chris

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Brian
Tesco chunnel booked for Sunday 9 May
Sent a booking request for 12th - 24th May to Butterfly but not had a reply yet
Happy Daze
Chris

You can take some stakes and marker tape and cordon off the FUN area !

Last year when we got to Monza, people turned up and tied tape between trees but it was not 'till the next day we saw the reason. Various groups from all over Europe all having a get together. And, not surprising to bikers, no problems of "you can't do that", nor any problems when it was full to capacity. Unless you had any ideas of sleeping, no-one came intending to sleep. That was where we stopped for 4 nights before Butterfly.

Anyone wanting the Monza experience, get there on Wed 5th May 2010 and you'll set up on an empty field. Thursday night you think "this is full". Friday it will be "if any more arrive they'll have to pitch in the treetops.

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Oops Finger trouble!
Should have been 14th - 24th May
Happy Daze