It costs €62k, looks like a prison bus and is based on an old Merc' (1 Viewer)

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
India has moved into the motorhome business.....................

http://www.pinnaclevehicles.com/motorhomes-rv/

According to an article in Camping-Car magazine this beast weighs in at 5,750kg and is powered by a 115bhp motor based on the predecessor to the first Mercedes Sprinter, the venerable TN.

expandable_full_image.jpg

Tempted? :ROFLMAO:

Oct 19, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Class C?
Exp
Returning to a motorhome.
Looks like it has half a ton of bricks in the back and what's with the random saped/sized windows? UGLY.

Reactions: f6c

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Well, it has a slide out (of sorts) which is more than most Euroboxes of a similar size.
The interior fittings look better as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
As some yanks would say, ugly, mother F ****** thing !!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It looks like it fell out of the ugly tree, hit every branch on the way down and then landed on it’s face..........

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Looks like a hearse on steroids to me!

• Funny
Reactions: f6c

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Inside looks cool but the outside, yikes. Must be a pig to drive, way under powered and side vision for the driver looks awful with those tiny door windows.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I take it you have not been to India and had the washing experience then?
Standard fit in all indian bogs.
I know, and Nope . Never fancied it .
Though listening to people it’s almost as popular as Vegas and Benidorm these days.....
Never fancied them either.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I know, and Nope . Never fancied it .
Though listening to people it’s almost as popular as Vegas and Benidorm these days.....
Never fancied them either.
Been there on business. Hated every second. Try working for a company whose USP is ethics in one of the most corrupt countries in the world. And the rich/poor divide is simply beyond words

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Yep the outside looks a bit weird, but there's no doubt that the interiors available look very plush indeed.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Looks like they copied the inside from interior of Executive twin Helicopter . Which is acceptable there but not really suit motorhome . If that exterior is the Pinnacle , I think I'll stay in the valley :sick:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
..oh dear .. it's so ugly that I like it ... cute.

In fact ... I think I'm falling in love with it. :)

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Agree this version looks weird but dig deeper into company press releases and you find conversions with normal side door windows, door mirrors and an overall more European look. It might be worth remembering that to some early A class vehicles were perceived as appearing weird when first seen. Whatever it's past India is becoming increasingly important in the global economy. The success of Indian ownership of Jaguar Land Rover is bound to impact on the wider Indian motor industry, including motorhome production. Who knows where it might lead.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
..oh dear .. it's so ugly that I like it ... cute.

In fact ... I think I'm falling in love with it. :)
Well, it does have looks that only a mother could love, so we understand that.........

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Agree this version looks weird but dig deeper into company press releases and you find conversions with normal side door windows, door mirrors and an overall more European look. It might be worth remembering that to some early A class vehicles were perceived as appearing weird when first seen. Whatever it's past India is becoming increasingly important in the global economy. The success of Indian ownership of Jaguar Land Rover is bound to impact on the wider Indian motor industry, including motorhome production. Who knows where it might lead.
Having experienced local Indian quality control firsthand, I will not be first in the queue............

OP
OP
Nicepix

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695

Euro 2 perhaps in about 20 years time? :LOL:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Its a bit like the tale of the Royal Enfield, they were still making the pre sprinter van / min bus long after Mercedes stopped and you can see them in many asian countries, they must have got all the tooling cheap and still using it

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Having experienced local Indian quality control firsthand, I will not be first in the queue............
Don't disagree but having experienced German motor industry quality in late 1960s early 70s nobody should take anything for granted. As a long time fan/owner of Jags and as a teenager knowing Jaguar founder William Lyons I was mortified by Jaguars sale to Tata but they are better now than ever.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back