Is La Jonquera worth a visit for duty free? (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Even if it wasn't on your bucket list, it doesn't mean you can't do a quick hop over the border to see something/somewhere new, even if it's not a stopover .... especially as it might be a decent saving on fuel and alcohol ...

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Big difference in alcohol prices between Spain and France..Our last drink in Spain last June,, a pint and a large white wine 3 euros 20 cents.Next night in France a pint and a small white wine 9 euros...BUSBY.
Yeah we once bought a drink in Millau, šŸ˜³ shocking after Benidorm. Never bought a meal in France, I don't know how they stay in business. We travel through France as quickly as possible nowadays šŸ˜Ž

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Seen it from the motorway and it looks like a dusty lorry fest.
Probably everything will be lots cheaper but so is Spain generally.
Why not spend a couple of days at Figueres to see the sights and then fill up and hightail it back to France?
Where are yooou in the South of France?

OP
OP
Toady
Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Big difference in alcohol prices between Spain and France..Our last drink in Spain last June,, a pint and a large white wine 3 euros 20 cents.Next night in France a pint and a small white wine 9 euros...BUSBY.
Bought a large beer and wine in Hornfleur and it cost me 20 Euros. Shocking!

Not too bad elsewhere on the whole as long as you are not drinking overlooking the water. There seems to always be a premium for the view.

OP
OP
Toady
Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Seen it from the motorway and it looks like a dusty lorry fest.
Probably everything will be lots cheaper but so is Spain generally.
Why not spend a couple of days at Figueres to see the sights and then fill up and hightail it back to France?
Where are yooou in the South of France?
Okā€¦..youā€™ve talked me into it.

We are looking at extending trip now so may well travel a bit further into Spain.

Cheers
Toady

OP
OP
Toady
Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
First place we saw ladies in waiting sat on chairs at roundabouts!
Funny you should say that. Every time I spot one I point them out to the boss who dismisses me straight away and states they may be waiting for a bus?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Bought a large beer and wine in Hornfleur and it cost me 20 Euros. Shocking!

Not too bad elsewhere on the whole as long as you are not drinking overlooking the water. There seems to always be a premium for the view.
Given the lovely views and the great atmosphere then that's how it should be!:love:
WP_20170410_20_36_05_Pro.jpg

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Roses is lovely and l,Escala is very interesting just a little further on
Good campsite on the edge of the old town within walking distance of the harbour and the graeco-roman remains.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
What you'll find with diesel prices in Spain is just like the UK get away from the Auto Via/Pisa and prices drop -- I've just checked the APP GeoGasolineras and it does drop around 2 cents a litre when you get away from 1.49ā‚¬/L to 1.29ā‚¬/L

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
You may also find that the fuel is rising quite rapidly. up 10c since last Friday
Seems like France are trying to keep up with us price wise, last few years they have only been a couple of pence below us, but in a lot of lpg fuel stations the lpg has been the same as uk and in quite a few places even more expensive for lpg than uk.

OP
OP
Toady
Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Latest update. The weather has been that good that we have extended our holiday until the 27/11 and changed our ferry to Santander to Portsmouth.

We travelled through La Jonquera today. Oh my word what a dump.

The views along the road were another matter! I had to wear my sunglasses. The missus was well shocked. There was a number of prostitutes working the strip. Shocking really!

Heading for Nerja

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back