Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Well, we got back to the UK this afternoon.
Back to France in 2 weeks, and counting........
Although I love the UK, its loosing its appeal now

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The big Issue Is?. That Bloody Bloke Arfur!!(Itis). Bugger plays me up every year at this time.! Doc says go live in a warm country, If Only!.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I could pack up and be off in a whisper the world is my lobster but how could anyone really think that life would be better elsewhere. This is a fantastic time of the year in a fantastic country, bright sun with the occasional snow flurry with spring on the horizon. My son has been with us for a few weeks and is returning to the US tomorrow, even after 10 years away he is still a complete anglophile and enjoys every hour he spends here......we all enjoy holidays but it is always nice to get home.......(y)

I only wish I could have that attitude & envy people that do. I hate being in the same place, even staying in my own houses depresses me. Always looked on them as somewhere to sleep & more interested in how big garage/workshop was. I could quite willingly just move from place to place.

The big Issue Is?. That Bloody Bloke Arfur!!(Itis). Bugger plays me up every year at this time.! Doc says go live in a warm country, If Only!.
Yes but they fail to point out that not only does it need to be warm/hot but that it also needs low humidity. Places with high humidity are just as bad. I have an acquaintance on a spanish forum who lives in Javia/Xabia & she suffers badly in the summer when the humidity is 100%.
I occasionally feel it here in the summer but I'm fortunate that it is only in my thumb joints & that is bad enough !

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I only wish I could have that attitude & envy people that do. I hate being in the same place, even staying in my own houses depresses me. Always looked on them as somewhere to sleep & more interested in how big garage/workshop was. I could quite willingly just move from place to place.

Yes but they fail to point out that not only does it need to be warm/hot but that it also needs low humidity. Places with high humidity are just as bad. I have an acquaintance on a spanish forum who lives in Javia/Xabia & she suffers badly in the summer when the humidity is 100%.
I occasionally feel it here in the summer but I'm fortunate that it is only in my thumb joints & that is bad enough !

What he actually said was go live in Arizona!. The Barometric pressure is virtually constant year round!.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
I only visit the UK now, live on the continent most of our time.

I love the country of my birth, but the politics sicken me, our standard of living is higher, the quality of life better and people's attitudes generally a lot more aligned to our own over in Portugal. Now the last of our parents have (just) passed on, and our kids grown up enough to fend for themselves, there's not really a lot keeping us here. Leaving altogether us inevitable, it's becoming a matter of when and not if. And if Brexit means that it becomes difficult to maintain the practice over here, then that will just accelerate the process.

From our own experiences, this seems to be the time of the great northern migration, when northern Europeans who have seen Christmas through tend to flock over here in decrepit M/H of every description in search of more sun. Loads of Dutch (as always) - who we tell the locals are Germans in disguise - plenty of French and of course loads of fellow Brits. with a mixture of others thrown in. Usually they barely stop on the way to the Algarve, it's like a magnet drawing them in, and they miss the really good spots on either side of Lisbon in their frenzy to park up amongst dozens of others on a crumbling car park at Pria da Rocha or some such place.

This year we're doing the reverse. Flights with one month car hire thrown in at £250 for two makes it too cheap to ignore, and we're getting in a few long winter weekends doing the likes of the Gower Peninsular and Edinburgh in the MH, returning to Portugal in May to travel around Spain for a change, then back to the silver coast in time for Obidos festival

The grass always seems greener (except when it's covered in snow)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
A work colleague of mine used to say that the grass was always greener on the other side viz you were always p*****g on your own side.
Nothing personal folks,but maybe some truth.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
A work colleague of mine used to say that the grass was always greener on the other side viz you were always p*****g on your own side.
Our grass in France is always browner. I think its the heat...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Can't see the grass for the pool over in Portugal

But I can see the mud where there should be grass over here

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Having been on all sides , it isn't green anywhere.:(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back