is asci card worth it for just a 15 day trip (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Is it worth getting an asci card for a 15 day trip to France early September time, out of the 15 nights about 5 will be Aires and 10 on sites, in particular Camping l'Île d'Offard at Saumur and Camping intercommunal Island Auger at Chinnon. I chucked out last year’s books so I can’t compare discounts with this year’s site prices

Deleted User
You can check out the ACSI discount scheme sites and rates online.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I think you can recover the cost in just a few nights with discount, so probably worth it.
The Saumur site is expensive though, we paid euro 32 per night ! And pitch was very poor with just bare earth to step out onto.
Can't be sure but I don't think we got a discount as we had gone into peak season.
There is a very good new aire at the entrance which isn't on any of the listings or apps. I think it was 12 euro. I would have gone on there but OH wanted the site grrrrrrrrrr.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
just looked up l'Île d'Offard at Saumur saving only 1 euro per night,and Camping intercommunal Island Auger at Chinnon dont seem to be in the club?, has anybody stayed on the aire out side l'Île d'Offard at Saumur whats it like, its been two years since we have been.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
We still get the ACSI card each year as a just-in-case, but hardly ever use sites any more in France...the Aires are just so good, so handy and so cheap.

If you are doing all that driving/ferrying or chunneling, feeding, wining, etc for 15 days, I wouldn't have thought that the few quid for an Acsi card would really even register on the scale of your overall trip costs.

But it does give substantial discounts and if you stay on even one ACSI site for a couple of nights it'll probably have paid for itself.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Is it worth getting an asci card for a 15 day trip to France early September time, out of the 15 nights about 5 will be Aires and 10 on sites, in particular Camping l'Île d'Offard at Saumur and Camping intercommunal Island Auger at Chinnon. I chucked out last year’s books so I can’t compare discounts with this year’s site prices

We stayed at ACSI site No. 1510 called Le Pô Doré, just north of Saumur. The French lady who runs it is very welcoming. 15 Euros in this year's book. We definitely recommend it.

Oct 3, 2014
Llanelli, Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido 891F A Class
Exp
Since 2014
We stayed at ACSI site No. 1510 called Le Pô Doré, just north of Saumur. The French lady who runs it is very welcoming. 15 Euros in this year's book. We definitely recommend it.

Hi Phil,

I would say that the ACSI card will pay for itself in a few nights we also stayed on this site in June and would agree with the comments above.

Richard

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
has anybody stayed on the aire out side l'Île d'Offard at Saumur whats it like

I didn`t stay there we went on the site but I walked around and it`s very good. Only opened this year but it might have replaced another one there.
It`s on the left as you approach the site entrance, I think it`s 12 euro including ehu to all pitches grey and black dumps.
I`d definately use if we went again

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Outside high season

Yes, yes, a man housand times yes. Our best saving on the list price, this year was €9.30.

At £15 for the book and card it's a no brainier!(y)

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Are you going this September? If you are, pm me and I will post you mine foc. Never used it and never signed it. But I need the books sorry

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
I think you will find that you can get a good 'off season' discount without an ASCI Card as we did last year. The discount we received was 1 Euro/per night more expensive than a Card holder.
I don't think that Card savings are as great as people think they are, even though I have one.

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
I think you will find that you can get a good 'off season' discount without an ASCI Card as we did last year. The discount we received was 1 Euro/per night more expensive than a Card holder.
I don't think that Card savings are as great as people think they are, even though I have one.
Sounds good, where was this and did it include ehu?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back