Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You've just got to love this!

Mums in one section of the aire and I'm at the other. Gone are the days with the last van where I would have to walk over in p'js to turn on/off her heating requests. Now, she just whatsapp's me her orders and I apply them via the Inet truma app.

A definite thumbs up from me. :)

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
iNet looks really good. But I don't think Truma have done a good job of explaining it. You need the control panel AND the separate black box WITH a phone SIM in it to do remote control. And does it still do everything with text messages? Or does it do data to the app now?

Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
iNet looks really good. But I don't think Truma have done a good job of explaining it. You need the control panel AND the separate black box WITH a phone SIM in it to do remote control. And does it still do everything with text messages? Or does it do data to the app now?
It communicates over Bluetooth when you are in range and falls back to using SMS otherwise.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
It communicates over Bluetooth when you are in range and falls back to using SMS otherwise.
I think the confusion lays in what you can do with just the "iNet ready" control panel. Lots of vans have this bit and not the black box that allows bluetooth and SMS.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
we depend on the thermostat and timers 👍 but ours is Alde no apps here 😁
Mine is Alde, i use the iNet to control mine :), there are certain models where the truma can control the Alde system. It does make things easier, i can check the temperature and adjust as required when at home for instance. Or if we have gone out for a walk and i want the water to be hot when we get back I can turn it on by sms. All these things can be done without so not really important but just easier :). Mine uses a giffgaff sim which works well.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Got my new Geist a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone that's got iNet, but I think LMC/Geist and Truma had a play. I've got loads of parameters in my iNet app. I can see voltages for both batteries, water levels, turn the main switch on and off, etc.

The downside appears to be that something in the van draws 0.3 amps all the time, which is enough to drain the hab battery in a week just sitting there. I suspect it's all the iNet connections.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
I really really dislike the Truma controls, much prefer the Alde control panel we had on our previous MH. We have an Inet ready control panel so I'm thinking of adding the Inet box. It's quite expensive though so for those of you who have it already.....does it give you extra options, particularly for the timer function? One thing that really annoys me is having to manually change the fuel source in the timer as well as setting it on the main screen.

Anyone willing to share a few screenshots?

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
I was just thinking how much I wish I could turn heating on without getting up. Had never heard of the inet system. We have an inet ready control panel so looks like if I want to spend a bit of money I can use it remotely. Any first hand experience views gratefully received please before I take the plunge. Thanks

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I really really dislike the Truma controls, much prefer the Alde control panel we had on our previous MH. We have an Inet ready control panel so I'm thinking of adding the Inet box. It's quite expensive though so for those of you who have it already.....does it give you extra options, particularly for the timer function? One thing that really annoys me is having to manually change the fuel source in the timer as well as setting it on the main screen.

Anyone willing to share a few screenshots?
Tell me what you want screenshots of and I will post them.
I was just thinking how much I wish I could turn heating on without getting up. Had never heard of the inet system. We have an inet ready control panel so looks like if I want to spend a bit of money I can use it remotely. Any first hand experience views gratefully received please before I take the plunge. Thanks
I think it’s a few hundred pounds, if you already have the Inet control panel and can afford it then go for it. You’ll like it on cold mornings :)

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
It’s the cold mornings I’m thinking about. Inet for heating and sort something for kettle and half way there.

Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
I prefer using the app over the control panel (via bluetooth). Though there are a couple of things it can't do. Such as the vent function.

The sms function is more useful than I expected. Especially the low battery alert. And to heat the van on a cold morning when it's parked on the drive.

But ... note that it uses 2g. I suspect 2g will get switched off in a year or two.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
It’s also useful if you’ve been out for the night and want the van cosy to come back to. NOT really a security feature but it will send you a message if EHU gets unplugged.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
But ... note that it uses 2g. I suspect 2g will get switched off in a year or two.
I never thought about that but I don’t think U.K. has a date for switching of 2G? I’m hoping to get a few yrs out of my inet yet.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I prefer using the app over the control panel (via bluetooth). Though there are a couple of things it can't do. Such as the vent function.

The sms function is more useful than I expected. Especially the low battery alert. And to heat the van on a cold morning when it's parked on the drive.

2G will be around for a while yet. There's just too much stuff running off of it. Including lots of the trackers they are still installing in vehicles. They'll switch off 3G first.

Guyadria

Free Member
Aug 20, 2021
Staplehurst, Tonbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Returning to MHoming after 11 years
Just fitted one today and quite impressed with the app and ability to provide status info etc. Installation and set-up instructions were a bit hit and miss, and Truma does not make it clear one can use ordinary RJ12 cables to extend existing data cable. Glad I invested overall.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
I think it would be a job for someone else to install it. Way beyond my capabilities. I have decided I am going to invest in one. Just looking now to see how much fitting one would cost as often that’s as much as buying item.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Guyadria Reckoned with your name you had an adria. Profile shows a twin which is what we have. Presume you fitted it near to the Truma control unit over the hab door

Mar 27, 2014
Wickford, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1993
My PVC has the inet system installed. Could do with some help in getting it working though please. I’ve installed the app on my phone and initially thought there must be a way of getting it to work just via Bluetooth, like a wireless speaker for instance. Eventually realised that wasn’t possible. I have an old iPhone SIM card so I popped it in the slot. No guidance anywhere that I could see on size of sim required. It just dropped into the box and disappeared. There is virtually no room to access the slot so I haven’t a hope of getting it out so now what? Any ideas would be most welcome please.
I only have the setting up instructions on the app, nothing else.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Guyadria Reckoned with your name you had an adria. Profile shows a twin which is what we have. Presume you fitted it near to the Truma control unit over the hab door
The inet actually plugs into the board on the heater itself not the control panel (not sure if you are aware or it does on our alde heater ). The device itself just needs a 12v supply and that's it. I fitted it to our alde system with no issues. Wouldn't be without now as it's so convenient.

Guyadria

Free Member
Aug 20, 2021
Staplehurst, Tonbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Returning to MHoming after 11 years
I actually installed it in the cupboard adjacent to the Control panel. I discussed this routing with Truma before purchasing. So power comes from CP panel wiring. Extended the CP Panel data wire to INET then INET Back to CP Panel. SO data wiring goes CP Panel to Inet box to Combi4 then to Comfort Aircon. This layout is not shown in the installation manual but I can confirm it works and makes life simpler.
Guy

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
You've just got to love this!

Mums in one section of the aire and I'm at the other. Gone are the days with the last van where I would have to walk over in p'js to turn on/off her heating requests. Now, she just whatsapp's me her orders and I apply them via the Inet truma app.

A definite thumbs up from me. :)
Your just showing off :rofl: :love:

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
I can reach the controls of our Truma fire without getting out of bed. Wish the same was true of the boiler controls which are under the bed.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
My PVC has the inet system installed. Could do with some help in getting it working though please. I’ve installed the app on my phone and initially thought there must be a way of getting it to work just via Bluetooth, like a wireless speaker for instance. Eventually realised that wasn’t possible. I have an old iPhone SIM card so I popped it in the slot. No guidance anywhere that I could see on size of sim required. It just dropped into the box and disappeared. There is virtually no room to access the slot so I haven’t a hope of getting it out so now what? Any ideas would be most welcome please.
You can use Bluetooth if you are in the van and in range. You don’t need the sim for Bluetooth.

To retrieve your sim take off the cover to reveal the sim and use a pair of tweezers to remove it. The box uses a mini sized sim, insert it with the cut out downwards facing the right hand side. Go to settings on your Truma iPhone app and follow the Set up Wizard.
Have fun and enjoy!

Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
Yes, it is possible just using bluetooth. I did so for a while before I bought a SIM.

Indeed, I think you have to set it up with bluetooth before you can make the SIM work.

I too made that mistake with the SIM. It needs the bigger size SIM - I just put it back into the adapter it came with, and that's been fine.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
I actually installed it in the cupboard adjacent to the Control panel. I discussed this routing with Truma before purchasing. So power comes from CP panel wiring. Extended the CP Panel data wire to INET then INET Back to CP Panel. SO data wiring goes CP Panel to Inet box to Combi4 then to Comfort Aircon. This layout is not shown in the installation manual but I can confirm it works and makes life simpler.
Guy
Same setup up here 👍

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
The app via Bluetooth works reasonably well. I think the user interface could do with some rearranging, but it's not too bad.

Via mobile, it's not as slick. When you want to change your heating settings or request status, the app effectively creates a text message for you to send to the unit. And the iNet texts you back. They could have done it with data instead of texts and kept everything within the app. The running cost for the user would still be tiny and it'd be much more seamless. I think they've done it is it avoids needing Truma to run a server to relay the data and maybe makes it fractionally more reliable in places with poor phone coverage. Feels like something from ten years ago though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back