Incinerator toilets (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Grand Alpa
Exp
I’m interested in installing an incinerator toilet, does anybody know where I start? Does anybody have one? I’ve seen Cinderella and WooWoo, but are there any motorhome specific experts who can fit them and advise if they’re ok, that you know of? Thank you

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Never heard of a incinerator toilet, what are the benefits ? apart from a toasty arse lol
If electric, you`ll need lots of batteries

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Lb’s
Sep 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Grand Alpa
Exp
Never heard of a incinerator toilet, what are the benefits ? apart from a toasty arse lol
It burns your waste into ash so you only need to empty your loo about once a month or so!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Lb’s
Sep 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Grand Alpa
Exp
Oh and it’s designed for motor homes, so it runs on gas or 12v (I think), but not lots of batteries

Upvote 0

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
You’d need a gas-powered one, as electric would kill your batteries!!!

Contact LeeSan - I’m sure they’ll help. :unsure:

Upvote 0
Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Quite a few videos on YouTube including a couple installed in vans. They look quite big and quite expensive. Great idea though.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Lb’s
Sep 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Grand Alpa
Exp
Quite a few videos on YouTube including a couple installed in vans. They look quite big and quite expensive. Great idea though.
There’s no way I’d try and install this myself, I’m trying to find someone who knows what they’re doing, and that’s not me!

Upvote 0

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
And what about the pee ? incinerates that aswell.

Must use hell of a lot of gas

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Lb’s
Sep 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Grand Alpa
Exp
I’ll have a look, thanks

Upvote 0

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
This looks quite good and the 12v figure look pretty impressive:

<Broken link removed>

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2019
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Rented a few times...now an owner.
And what about the pee ? icinerates that aswell.

Must use hell of a lot of gas
I don’t know if the Cinderella is typical, but a quick look at their website says it uses 180g of propane per flush/incineration. So that’s just over 5 flushes per kilo of propane ....? 55 flushes from an 11kg cylinder so with two people thats around 1 flush each per day for 4 weeks ...or 9 days at 3 flushes per day ?

edit - this one is more efficient - 150 flushes for just under 10kg of propane

<Broken link removed>

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Lb’s
Sep 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Grand Alpa
Exp
I don’t know if the Cinderella is typical, but a quick look at their website says it uses 180g of propane per flush/incineration. So that’s just over 5 flushes per kilo of propane ....? 55 flushes from an 11kg cylinder so with two people thats around 1 flush each per day for 4 weeks ...or 9 days at 3 flushes per day ?
Now that’s interesting and worth considering. So I’d need to find out if the gas is easily obtainable if I’m going to have to replace it often...But could I use electricity instead? I imagine we’d be hooked up most of the time...

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
So I’d need to find out if the gas is easily obtainable if I’m going to have to replace it often..
It's normal propane that you probably already buy and use in your m/home.

The price of the one in the linked ad was $US 3380 which is about £2400

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
The Incinolet gives a whole new meaning to the term “light a fire under your seat.” Instead of relying on water to manage waste, the Incinolet incinerates it with the push of a button. The end result is less than one tablespoon of clean, germ-free ash for every 3 or 4 uses.

waterless RV toilets

The Incinolet simply works when you push a button to incinerate waste held in a special chamber.
The Dallas, Texas-based company has been manufacturing it for more than 40 years. Typically only found in tiny homes and serious expedition vehicles like the Kiravan, the Incinolet is gaining fans within the RV consumer market as well.

How the Incinolet works

Like the Dry-Flush, you’ll need the company’s proprietary bowl liners to use the device. Place one of these specially coated liners into the bowl before use and the shiny toilet never needs cleaning or maintenance.

The Incinolet works when you push a button to incinerate waste held in a special chamber. A blower and heater kickstarts the 1200-degree Fahrenheit incineration process and a small amount of smoke gets sent through an odor control catalyst similar to ones found in automobile. The four-inch exhaust vent required allows the smoke to escape.

The heater cycles on and off for 60 minutes to provide optimum combustion and the blower continues to run for about 30 minutes to cool the incineration chamber. Even when the process is happening, the toilet can be used during the nearly two-hour cycle. Although the Incinolet requires electricity, it only consumes about one kilowatt hour per cycle.

Like other waterless RV toilets, such as a composting unit, you won’t need a black tank with the Incinolet. This stainless steel throne never needs draining and can be used in any climate. It’s more complicated to install than the Dry-Flush, but the benefit is you’ll only deal with a minuscule amount of ash.

The Incinolet starts at $1,800 depending on how and where it will be used (different models are available for RV, marine, cabin and other types of installations).

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back