In search of Sun, Sea and Sangria! (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Interestingly your photo looks like it was taken through glass.

BTW I lived in Uckfield for 30 years from birth, still only 20miles away in Eastbourne.

Wish we were heading that way soon, regretfully not till May.

Also went to school with a Robert Clark, son of the local photographer in the High Street. If thats you you've changed a bit.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Interestingly your photo looks like it was taken through glass.

BTW I lived in Uckfield for 30 years from birth, still only 20miles away in Eastbourne.

Wish we were heading that way soon, regretfully not till May.

Also went to school with a Robert Clark, son of the local photographer in the High Street. If thats you you've changed a bit.
Sorry I'm not the same person

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
why the need to rush to Spain.

Joe

Have already paid for tickets to the Alhambra on 8th Jan, and hoped to chill out on the coast for a few days beforehand - looking forward to getting my mankini on !

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
Hi Rob,
We are crossing to Caen on the 6th Jan and heading towards Marbella no chance of seeing you on the way down but may see you around down there somewhere.

Regards
Bill and Lynne

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
@Robert Clark ........

Right then! ............. if you two start all that 'ere we are having another meal selfie' caper I might just have to 'unwatch' this thread :rolleyes:

Enjoy the trip, we might not be far behind you (y)(y)

A bit more interesting then your attempts at home/van baking me thinks:coffee:

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
image.jpeg

Have arrived in Canejan just south of Bordeaux (Campercontact 40224) The Aire is very pleasant, in a quiet residential area, with a dump station and space for 4 vans

image.jpeg

We found a very nice looking restaurant within walking distance, however it's only open at weekends in the evening. So Mrs C is rustling up some meatballs and creamed sweet potatoes that she had brought along as part of our emergency rations.

image.jpeg

Picked up what hopefully will be a great bottle of Bordeaux Red to accompany the meal, in the local supermarket.

image.jpeg

Also picked up a couple of yummy custard slices as treat to have with our afternoon tea

image.jpeg

Another long drive tomorrow should see us arriving in Spain, with another overnight stop in Burgos

Sorry no smiley pics today @scousebird, however there will be a double helping tomorrow!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 13
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
@Robert Clark - thanks for my Birthday wishes this morning! If you have not been there you MUST go to Alhambra in Granada. Enjoy your trip to Spain.
John

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
@Robert Clark you MUST go to Alhambra in Granada. Enjoy your trip to Spain.
John
Hi John
We've already got tickets booked for 8th Jan
Visiting the Alhambra has been on my bucket list for years and we never made it there when we lived in Spain, so are definitely going to see it this time

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Not too jealous at the moment.
We had lunch yesterday at the Wells Crab Café in Wekks Next the Sea after a lovley walk by the water in bright sunshine.
Mussels to start and they were as good as any I've had in France. Followed by gratin of dressed Cromer crab. Superb but far too much so we had the remains in a doggy bag. About to eat that with an avocado for tea.
I fear you will be beating that in the very near future.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Blimey it's a small world I renovated a place at Maresfield, Maresfield Manor that was around Twenty years ago it has a clock tower and a brass plaque with mine and the clock restorers name on inside the tower.
Yes ,very small world, I spent 2 years in maresfield 1973/74 doing a REME Artificers course at SEME Bordon Hants. Used to use the Chequers pub, happy days..

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Have a great time.

I first visited the Alhambra about 30 years ago and will never forget it.

I visited in the height of summer and the advice then was get there early.

Hopefully quieter at this time of year though.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
View attachment 87788

Have arrived in Canejan just south of Bordeaux (Campercontact 40224) The Aire is very pleasant, in a quiet residential area, with a dump station and space for 4 vans

View attachment 87789

We found a very nice looking restaurant within walking distance, however it's only open at weekends in the evening. So Mrs C is rustling up some meatballs and creamed sweet potatoes that she had brought along as part of our emergency rations.

View attachment 87792

Picked up what hopefully will be a great bottle of Bordeaux Red to accompany the meal, in the local supermarket.

View attachment 87791

Also picked up a couple of yummy custard slices as treat to have with our afternoon tea

View attachment 87793

Another long drive tomorrow should see us arriving in Spain, with another overnight stop in Burgos

Sorry no smiley pics today @scousebird, however there will be a double helping tomorrow!
Loving the photos and Mrs C cooking ,but worried about the plug in the fancy dan sink drainer ! Don't let her start the washing up ! Looks like you are having a great time and a well earned bottle of wine! Cheers both of you!

Last edited:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Yes ,very small world, I spent 2 years in maresfield 1973/74 doing a REME Artificers course at SEME Bordon Hants. Used to use the Chequers pub, happy days..

Certainly is a small world between 72 and 76 we had a quarter down the road in Uckfield on Manor Park having refused a gopping quarter in the Shot. Never had such luxury and a really nice place to live.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
View attachment 87788

View attachment 87789

View attachment 87792

View attachment 87791

View attachment 87793

A Great choice of wine,lovely, Alf and M

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Not wishing to gloat - but the French are very good at making creme patisserie

But not a patch on the Portuguese....................just saying..............;)

The Tincas

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back