I'm new and looking for help, to get the best out and give to this group/forum etc (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2016
Crete, Greece and Dorset UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet,but hav
Exp
I'm starting again
I'm 72 and just lost my wife of 47 years, with her health problem (auto immune and asthma since 2000) and we were advised to leave the UK as her asthma was VERY bad there.
Stayed in France/Italy for hols.etc but not good there either.

Visited Crete, Greece in 2003 (as Ruth's niece was having a Villa built there) and her asthma was much better; so from 2003-2006 she visited here several times and different seasons and she was still much better on Crete !!!!
So sold our home in Bournemouth and moved to Crete and purchased 5000 sq. mts. land with the dream of building a home.

Thank goodness we didn't as Greeks VERY corrupt and nothing LEGAL etc.
So rented and moved 6 times in 10 years. and now overlook Souda Bay and only 450e a month (so VERY hard to decide my future??)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Peter Sorry to hear of your loss and glad that you are looking to the future . Lots of single people on here who seem to have a wonderful time in a MH and travel widely.
Good luck and welcome:pink:

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Welcome aboard Peter
Sorry to hear of your loss.
Crete is a lovely island and I don't envy your decision. I guess it depends on the friends/family you have there compared to the UK.
You don't mention a motorhome in your intro? Have you got one or intend on getting one?
:welcome4:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P
Aug 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm starting again
Thanks and how is the best way to learn how to use this group etc. please.
We used to own a "Autosleeper SV100" Ice-cream van, as I used to call it. And my idea is to sell our land here on Crete and purchase a motorhome ? or are they motorcaravans?
But not sure if to base here on Crete as I have room here to park it, but then the cost of getting off an Island (like the UK) or moving to Europe mainland (Slovenia sounds nice)

How can I invite members etc. to come and visit me here on Crete ?

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
You just did!!!
Welcome Pete, join in and have a chat, a laugh, and pick up a few tips.
Not a bad bunch, mostly !!!! ( except me!)
You'll never be lonely with this forum.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks and how is the best way to learn how to use this group etc. please.
We used to own a "Autosleeper SV100" Ice-cream van, as I used to call it. And my idea is to sell our land here on Crete and purchase a motorhome ? or are they motorcaravans?
But not sure if to base here on Crete as I have room here to park it, but then the cost of getting off an Island (like the UK) or moving to Europe mainland (Slovenia sounds nice)

How can I invite members etc. to come and visit me here on Crete ?
Dave's motorhome goes on water!!!:LOL:

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
To the thread. There are plenty of meets, mostly uk but also abroad, many planned, many not!
But you need a motorhome, unless you arrange a rally on your land - now there's a thought !!!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
When I reply, am I replying to the thread or to the individual person ? And does the group have meets so I can ask lots of ?'s please ?
The reply is on open forum unless you PM that person. We have rally meets which are great for Funsters to meet .
Ask away if you need help and star a new thread if it's something specific or join in the banter when you like.

OP
OP
P
Aug 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm starting again
One thing I need to do is research which M/c or M/h type/config etc. and running costs and L/h or R/hand ? bearing in mind I would like to stay on mainland Europe.
And is L/h better value etc. ?

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
:welcome4: Peter
Sorry for your loss, some on here have gone through the same experience and have found that a motorhome is a great way of travelling.

The search facility is very good and I think there is a section in 'resources' that explains how to get the best out of the forum. There's always someone around.

And ask away.......you'll get lots of replies/opinions/help and some banter &'the odd sensible answer too:)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sorry for your loss Pete. Welcome to Fun. There are many meets and rallies of all different kinds but a warm welcome waiting at each one.
downloadfile-2.gif

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Welcome to Fun Pete and sorry to hear about your loss but it's good to hear you so positive and looking to the future. To get the best from Fun and post more than your 5 freebies you may like to pay the fees and join which will open up a wealth of advice, info and not a little banter. Wish you the best for the future.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Welcome
You started off great by creating your own thread in the "Introduce yourself" forum.
There are other forums for each type of discussion, e.g. Motorhome chat, Tech Mech, etc etc.
So when you want to talk or ask about something just decide which forum is most appropriate and start a new topic.
Best wishes

For many questions the "search" function is the best way to find other threads related to the question you might have in mind.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Pete and welcome.

You can private message people by clicki g on INBOX top right of page

Or you can Quote someone before writing your answer specifically to them by clicking QUOTE bottom right of box .. we will ALL see your reply and benefit from it

Or you can put @ before their name in your reply. This draws attention to them that you have made a comment, which we will all see but which you think will interest them especially .. I will show you now...

...... @Peter murry

Last edited:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi @Peter murry and welcome to the forum. Sincere condolences on the loss of Ruth. Join in there is always someone about to chat

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
:HelloThere:
Very sorry to hear about your wife. You can end up spending all day on here if you're not careful! Any questions on motorhomes you can post in Motorhome Chat forum, anything and everything goes in thenUshaped Lounge. :)

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Hi @Peter murry , I know a little about a lot. One thing I have picked up, I hope correctly, is that's it's cheaper and easier to insure a vehicle that is the "correct" driving side for the country. Eg rhd for uk insurance. Perhaps that will be 1 point to help ( if I am right or course)
Good luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back