Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Pics at last:LOL::clap2:
Good advice from the judge about joining the snowbird group though Ian.....have you found that part of the forum yet?
Glad the sea looks calm for you
i stuck a link in my post.....

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Debs I am going to do that babe,I have read,listenEd and inwardly digested what judge posted and I think it's a great idea! I have still got to do some shopping for helga though first,,I need a couple of chairs for outside,groundsheet or rug etc oh and a ehu adaptor for Spanish electric,,I will need one of them! So are there a few funsters down the south?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Lovely pictures Ian looks calm!! Just supping my Yorkshire tea but wish I was off to sunny Spain . Join those snowbirds in the south!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Debs I am going to do that babe,I have read,listenEd and inwardly digested what judge posted and I think it's a great idea! I have still got to do some shopping for helga though first,,I need a couple of chairs for outside,groundsheet or rug etc oh and a ehu adaptor for Spanish electric,,I will need one of them! So are there a few funsters down the south?

you wont need any of that until you hit some decent weather..believe me relaxing outside aint going to happen in the North. All can be bought at better (read cheaper) prices in Benidorm

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
would love to see some pis of your van Ian :) and of course your travels
kind regards Kate :)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

You'll get any /all of that in any ferreteria (hardware shop)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
IMO he should get to Benidorm (can get there in a day) as he will meet up with loads of funsters down there, who can help iron out/explain any issues that come up with van... have an enjoyable Christmas/new year in a relaxed atmosphere, getting used to the van in good company, then head of in the new year for Portugal..whatever.

I have still got to do some shopping for helga though first,,I need a couple of chairs for outside,groundsheet or rug etc oh and a ehu adaptor for Spanish electric,,I will need one of them! So are there a few funsters down the south?

There will be lots of funsters down south. Just head on down at a pace you and Helga are happy with and make yourself known - they will soon get you sorted with any kit you need - either spares you can borrow or will show you the best place to get stuff.

Wish we were with you. Stuck here because of medical and family stuff.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
I have just passed Peru! , didnot know the andies were in northern spain?. Lol
I thought they was on the end of your armies:confused:(sorry about that)
The French chef done you a favor, they can't make TEA:whistle:
And if your intending to to travel from S/East Spain, to Portugal your best keeping the sea on your Left unless Helgar is amphibious:xThumb:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
tip join the "benidorm snowbirds group"

Broken Link Removed

open a thread, tell them you are coming and see if anyone can reserve a pitch for you..as its very busy down there (with good reason)
Perhaps someone should open a thread for the group warning them that a Tsunami called @ianthebuilder & Helga is heading their way :xrofl:.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Perhaps someone should open a thread for the group warning them that a Tsunami called @ianthebuilder & Helga is heading their way :xrofl:.

Done! poor things deserve warning!:)

Broken Link Removed

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Ian, hope your adventure is all you want of it and you have a great time. We're just about to pass Dover port on our way home from the train and could quote easily jump on the ferry to go back over.

Keep us up to date when you can.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
20151214_160832.jpg the sun going down on the first day of the rest of my life! Saw small pod of dolphins a min ago they are amazing creatures !!

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Ian, hope your adventure is all you want of it and you have a great time. We're just about to pass Dover port on our way home from the train and could quote easily jump on the ferry to go back over.

Keep us up to date when you can.
Hope you had a lovely time babe ......

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
im somewhat envious of your ability to up sticks and go , I hope to be doing something similar by summer , ive got an escape plan and slowly its coming together.
did the guy who warned you about bogus cops have a gas mask hanging from his side? :xgrin: there are twats every where :xrofl:
laird I envy the fact that you have what I would call a normal life,,good career,pension plan and a secure future etc Well that didn't work out for me so I'm having a go at something different, we're all the same mate really,religion,colour,even the jocks! Lol we just open different doors to life that's all! I will be looking forward to reading about your travels when you go,,,all the best,maybe see you one day on the road?.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
laird I envy the fact that you have what I would call a normal life,,good career,pension plan and a secure future etc Well that didn't work out for me so I'm having a go at something different, we're all the same mate really,religion,colour,even the jocks! Lol we just open different doors to life that's all! I will be looking forward to reading about your travels when you go,,,all the best,maybe see you one day on the road?.
I had a lot of luck along the way ian , ive worked as a subby etc I even lived in GT Yarmouth for a while ,im still planning to do a bit of working here and there , I almost took off a couple of years ago when the ex wife asked me for a divorce , I was going to do it on a motorbike and do a RTW trip , I want to go off on an adventure before im too knackered to do it , keep the posts coming , its like being on the trip with you , hope to meet you on the road

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
we're all the same mate really,religion,colour,even the jocks!
Oi pal, you were doing just fine...............up to that point. :eek: ............ ;)
I don't know how old you are Ian, but there is every chance that @laird of Dunstan, and myself, have lived in England longer than you've been alive. :LOL:

I wish I was doing what you are doing right now, as I'd be heading for Benidorm, and meeting up with "The Funsters Gang" down there, then moving on as the weather changes. (y)

As before, enjoy the experience. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back